Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

3 minutes ago, carpetman1 said:

This may have been raised previously, but calling clubs by the name they have in their own country. I saw some bloke on the Youtube today, going through a list of players who's contract are up soon. This local lad can barely string a sentence together in English.  "Meelan". Then there is the Tripper talk. "Atletico", or even worse, "Atleti".  Do we believe the fans in those places say "Newcassel" or "Sunlun"? Mind you with the latter, you might be met with a shrug.

They’re called Atletico. Anyone saying Athletico is wrong.

22 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

They’re called Atletico. Anyone saying Athletico is wrong.

I must admit like, I say "Chooreefoh" for Chorizo and "Halahpenyo" for Jalapeño like. I like to try and make the effort. Even if some think I'm a peenees. 

The amount of times players get an opening about 20 yards away and just blast it as hard as they can. No thought as to getting it on target they just leather it and hope it's actually on target. 95% of these shots fly high, wide or both and the opportunity goes instantly. Absolutely infuriating

3 hours ago, midds said:

The amount of times players get an opening about 20 yards away and just blast it as hard as they can. No thought as to getting it on target they just leather it and hope it's actually on target. 95% of these shots fly high, wide or both and the opportunity goes instantly. Absolutely infuriating

Couldn’t agree more.

But I also hate the fact teams will often completely overplay it. Running down the wing and rather than whipping a cross in, they turn around and go backwards. It’s then passed backwards to the keeper and starts again. 

I think that’s why some poacher strikers don’t ever really make it anymore (Armstrong, Gayle etc.) it’s not necessarily that they’re not good enough but teams don’t play in any sort of way to leave them with a chance in the box. You need to be able to create your own chances.

Players having stupid squad numbers.

Palmer for Man City has no. 80

I used to be a right OCD freak on FM. My most other able starting XI would be 1-11 in correct numbers and I’d fill the rest of the squad from 12 (GK) onwards [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Players having stupid squad numbers.

Palmer for Man City has no. 80

I used to be a right OCD freak on FM. My most other able starting XI would be 1-11 in correct numbers and I’d fill the rest of the squad from 12 (GK) onwards [emoji38]

Just clubs giving players in their u23 and u18 setups a first-team squad number, isn’t it?

We don’t really see it as most of our kids are too shite to ever get a look in.

Just now, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Just clubs giving players in their u23 and u18 setups a first-team squad number, isn’t it?

We don’t really see it as most of our kids are too shite to ever get a look in.

True true.

Would 40 not be alright though? I mean 80 man. Come on [emoji38]

Professional footballers who can't fucking strike a ball with any conviction.

Professional footballers shit scared to even strike a ball.

Not being able to weight simple passes and through balls.

Newcastle in general.

Guest HTT II
9 hours ago, NE27 said:

Professional footballers who can't fucking strike a ball with any conviction.

Professional footballers shit scared to even strike a ball.

Not being able to weight simple passes and through balls.

Newcastle in general.

There is no excuse for any of them.

47 minutes ago, Newintoon said:

Putting a random S on the end of players names it started with Hendricks, he’s irrelevant now and doesn’t play so I don’t have to hear it so much but it’s started again with Woods, it’s fucking Hendrick and Wood

Chris Woods was trending on Twitter after we signed him. :lol:

Anyway, respect from a Lee Clarke fan.

Professional players who can't use their weaker foot. Like 100k a week to kick a football and you can only do it with 1 of the 2 feet you have. Like all the graft that goes into getting to the top level and training yourself to equalise both feet has never happened.