Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

2 hours ago, GideonShandy said:

I know it shouldn't, but it bugs me when players are constantly making the sign of the cross and/or pointing to the heavens at every opportunity -- when the game is about to start, coming on as a substitute, after scoring, when the final whistle blows etc.  I think it started in American sports and spread over here. Just once I'd like to see a Satanist player score a goal and point downwards towards Hades.

Would make my fucking year if that happened :lol:

3 hours ago, GideonShandy said:

I know it shouldn't, but it bugs me when players are constantly making the sign of the cross and/or pointing to the heavens at every opportunity -- when the game is about to start, coming on as a substitute, after scoring, when the final whistle blows etc.  I think it started in American sports and spread over here. Just once I'd like to see a Satanist player score a goal and point downwards towards Hades.

like.png Henry VIII

8 hours ago, IzzyIsak said:

Be funny if it hit the player on the floors head and the ref gave a penalty for low head.

As long as it wasn't against us.

There was a free-kick the last week or so, can't remember who, where the free-kick taker rolled the ball a yard to a team mate who played the ball under the wall, about a foot away from where the player was lying down, and scored. Was beautiful.

10 hours ago, Tyler said:

This putting a player behind your wall and on the floor nonsense. I don't know who did it first but it seems to have quickly become a regular thing. It looks ridiculous, and I hope the player that's the one to lie on the grass feels like a right mug while doing so. Can't wait to see some melt hauling a team-mate on their shoulders from a corner kick to give a height advantage...

I think lifting on the shoulders is against the rules. I can't be arsed to prove it, but I'd wondered about it before and looked it up. Think it would maybe come under dangerous play.

Bit off topic, but related to free kick innovations - I was wondering if someone like Ward Prowse has a free kick, might it not be worth putting a player or two on the goal line, or just right in front. Cons that you're playing everyone onside, but if they're prolific thought might be worth it. (I suppose not, otherwise someone would be doing it...)

Edited by Inferior Acuña

I'm not religious in the slightest but I couldn't give a shit about people making overt religious gestures. It's probably got some superstition/ obsessive-compulsive element linked to it for some players but whatever helps them to feel comfortable is fine by me

He’s been doing this a lot lately, deploying “here we go” at random in his tweets. “The clubs are nearing agreement on a fee, here we go almost confirmed,” etc. Grating.

Just start all of your “transfer is confirmed” tweets with “Here we go!” and leave it at that.

On 26/01/2023 at 11:17, Tyler said:

This putting a player behind your wall and on the floor nonsense. I don't know who did it first but it seems to have quickly become a regular thing. It looks ridiculous, and I hope the player that's the one to lie on the grass feels like a right mug while doing so. Can't wait to see some melt hauling a team-mate on their shoulders from a corner kick to give a height advantage...

Would absolutely love to see the player laying down get just absolutely drilled in the face one time [emoji38]

1 hour ago, Tomato Deuce said:

He’s been doing this a lot lately, deploying “here we go” at random in his tweets. “The clubs are nearing agreement on a fee, here we go almost confirmed,” etc. Grating.

Just start all of your “transfer is confirmed” tweets with “Here we go!” and leave it at that.

Aye, he’s climbing inside his own arse of late. He’s very reliable even though he doesn’t break things early, it doesn’t mean he needs to make himself into a personality with it and should realise people only follow him because his information is accurate, not because he’s got some wacky lines 

24 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

If a free kick hit the draft excluders hand (and it’s in the box) would it automatically be a pen? There’s no way you could claim the arms are in natural position for a football game

This reads like a ChatGPT reply gone wrong :lol:

On 26/01/2023 at 19:33, GideonShandy said:

Ha ha, that's the best post I've seen here for ages. Totally agree.

Or score and whip off their shirt to reveal a t-shirt with I BELONG TO SATAN on it.

There's only one thing more revolting players can do with their fingers (ruling out bodily insertions obvs) after scoring and that is make a heart shape. That's worse than godbothering stuff.

On 26/01/2023 at 21:17, Tyler said:

It's not nonsense though and it's mind boggling that it took everyone so long to figure it out. It takes away one option from the freekick taker entirely and allows the players in the wall to jump as high as they can.

• 3 weeks later...

1. people doing anything with their mobile phone at the match, especially recording random shit, as if any cunt will ever watch it

2. half and half scarves. if your a neutral and sitting in the home end, support the fucking home team

3. cunts getting food every 5 minutes, eat at home you fat cunt or after the match

4. people using the word cunt too much 

5. Irish liverpool supporters. don't they do that hurling shite or ozzie rules football or something instead?

• 2 months later...