Premiership carve-up, who's next?

Mr Logic

game we love has slowly been ruined since the Sky Generation started up. And it'll continue to go that way. Used to be a sport followed by the working class, now a rich mans sport, load of old toss if yer tell me. So no, it ain't the best thing that could happen.

game we love has slowly been ruined since the Sky Generation started up. And it'll continue to go that way. Used to be a sport followed by the working class, now a rich mans sport, load of old toss if yer tell me. So no, it ain't the best thing that could happen.

it's always been about money,just now the numbers are bigger

Nearly £90m and were fuking shite.

Was that done in the season we had no European competition as well?

So next season even without Europe we'll break the £100m barrier for the 1st time with the extra £20m from the new TV deal.

Guest Brazilianbob

What concerns me is the number of Yanks taking over our EPL clubs.  I ask myself, do they have a hidden agenda? Such as a long term plan of eventually moving their EPL playing staff to the MLS in an effort to raise the profile of US soccer.

Lets face it, if soccer ever really takes off in the good old US of A, then that is where the real money will be made from television rights etc, and that would explain why the Yanks are taking on the huge debts of EPL clubs where there seems no way they can ever recoup their losses in this country.

That article is baseless, they say "This is a 10-fold increase since the first year of the Premiership and 25% up on the figures for 2005."  We all know that's rubbish and has only happened at our club and because it's run so well.

People often talk about the burst of the football bubble and the fall of football, especially in England, but articles like these don't present that side at all.  It seems like the revenues will continue to grow as both new geographic and technological fields begin to open up for the Premiership.  I'm thinking about things like reliable online streaming, more mobile phone coverage, and the continuation of the Premiership as a brand, as well as just finding new territories in which these products can be sold.  So my question is this:how will the football bubble burst?  Even if the fans just stopped coming to games, the TV revenue that is provided would make up for drops in attendance, and the product on display doesn't seem to be suffering.  So how will this trend reverse itself.  Obviously at some point, it must plataeu, but I don't see where the burst theory comes from.