Audioslave: A stroke of genius or a should have been?

Guest Bellers

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Bellers

When Chris Cornell, Tim Commerford, Tom Morello, and Brad Wilk formed released their debut album in 2002 they had a huge weight of expectation on their shoulders, do you think they have lived up to that expectation?

Enjoyed Audiosalve and Revalations but thought Out of exile was a bit naff, only heard it the once like...

i listen to out of exile the most... its almost... country music-esque mind you. Give it a try some mo'.

Guest optimistic nit

not really given them a shot as of yet, although i will probably do that soon. read somewhere the new singer wanted to be in a band without any real political message, which is what RATM was all about, so it kind of meant i didn't give them a shot. will do soon as i said though, when i can be bothered.

The definitive answer here chaps is NO they have not lived up to the hype/expectation.  When I think of Soundgarden I think of Black Hole Sun (the only Soundgarden jingle that I know) and that was nothing short of well....good, very good infact.  When I think of RATM I think of (I think it is called) 'Sleep now in the fire' which is (imo) infectious, in fact class.  2 great tunes in their own right.  Bringing the singer from Soundgarden and  the 3 chaps fro, RATM together did not (imo) make for a good 4-piece unit.  RATM should grt togther and Soundgarden should also.

End of.

The definitive answer here chaps is NO they have not lived up to the hype/expectation.  When I think of Soundgarden I think of Black Hole Sun (the only Soundgarden jingle that I know) and that was nothing short of well....good, very good infact.  When I think of RATM I think of (I think it is called) 'Sleep now in the fire' which is (imo) infectious, in fact class.  2 great tunes in their own right.  Bringing the singer from Soundgarden and  the 3 chaps fro, RATM together did not (imo) make for a good 4-piece unit.  RATM should grt togther and Soundgarden should also.

End of.

Audioslave are no more.

I think it's pretty likely RATM will reunite on a permanent basis now.

dood, where can i get tickets to coachella? i'd pay SO much to RATM live, joint fave band with Radiohead.

if they do get back together i'll...i'lll, well, i dont know what i'll do, but I will be SO SO SO happy.

and on the original question, i think audioslave have been a big letdown, none of the catchiness or energy of RATM, just chris cornells friggin boring voice. not a bad band overall, just complete dogshit when compared with rage, wich is what was always gonna happen.