Still 13th richest club

Dave

We're slipping. Christ Schalke and Spurs etc are tiny clubs.

I am everything but a Schalke fan, but how is Schalke a tiny club in comparison to Newcastle? I think the clubs have a lot in common - well except of the odd domestic and European trophy Schalke won in the last decade...

Isnt Newcastle twinned with them? (city wise)

A mining city with a strong loyal fanbase IIRC.

Guest smoggeordie

At the end of the day it doesn't matter one bit how much money you bring in, if you f*** it all away like FS.

Corrected that for you. ;)

Re-corrected it as FS makes the final decision ;)

The important factor is there's now a gap between the 10th and the 11th clubs of about £40 million. Effectively, there's two divisions, and we're now in the same division as West Ham etc.

A few years ago, we were competing with the top ten clubs. They've now shot well away from us, while others have caught up. In any other line of business, the Board would be under enormous pressure to resign.

We're slipping. Christ Schalke and Spurs etc are tiny clubs.

I am everything but a Schalke fan, but how is Schalke a tiny club in comparison to Newcastle? I think the clubs have a lot in common - well except of the odd domestic and European trophy Schalke won in the last decade...

They've won 1 UEFA Cup (97) and TWO   INTERTOTO'S! (back to back! :icon_biggrin: )

Roma is the highest positioned team on that list who wasn't playing CL football last season.

Considering we weren't playing ANY European football last season and the club was under a cloud with Souness were positioned not too bad.

We've now got UEFA this season, and hopefully we can get it again next and with the extra £20m quid we'll probably be ahead of Roma again, even if they make CL next season.

Italian clubs could take a big hit on their gate receipts over the coming seasons.

Also Italian clubs are closest to us in terms of TV revenue, at 40% less, next year, the gap shall be even bigger.

We won the Leazes Mag Award for 5th best club in England on average over the last 10 years tbh.  And only 4 other clubs have qualified for Europe more than us.  We've also signed England internationals.

What more do you people want???

the 2nd division title, which is all we ever aimed for pre-1992..

I realise you don't believe me Gemma !!!!

the 2nd division title, which is all we ever aimed for pre-1992..

I remember the days when all that we wanted was that Lord Westwood or Gordon McKeag were not the head of the club as well.

And back then we were no paying nigh on six hundred pound a year to watch overpaid shite and be promised the moon on  a stick on every season ticket application as well.

• 1 month later...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6509837.stm

Man Utd stay top of wealth league

Manchester United badge Manchester United have been named the most valuable team in the world, by Forbes business magazine.

United (£740m) retained top spot ahead of Real Madrid (£528m) and third-placed Arsenal (£466m) who nipped ahead of AC Milan, with Chelsea (£274m) in eighth.

Barcelona's Ronaldinho (£15.2m) leapfrogged David Beckham (£14.8m) to become the highest earning footballer.

However, Beckham's lucrative move to Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy was not taken into account.

Five of the players in the richest players' list ply their trade in the Premiership - Wayne Rooney, Michael Ballack, Thierry Henry, John Terry and Steven Gerrard.

United no longer command the largest yearly revenues, with their £158m surpassed by Real Madrid (£191m), Barcelona (£169m) and Juventus (£164m).

Forbes' most valuable football clubs:

1 Man Utd £740m

2 Real Madrid £528m

3 Arsenal £466m

4 Bayern Munich £427m

5 AC Milan £420m

6 Juventus £289m

7 Inter Milan £282m

8 Chelsea £274m

9 Barcelona £273m

10 Schalke 04 £240m

11 Liverpool £231m