Bellamy on Saturday

Benwell Lad

I'm dreading him playing against us on Saturday I just hope he picks up a last minute niggle in training. That is borne out of respect for what he can do not any bad feelings.

I hope he gets a good reception, he was a top player for us who always gave 100% and loved playing in our shirt and was forced out by people who put their personal agendas before the club.

Guest Gemmill

Signed his own death warrant when he went on live TV to call the manager a liar tbh.  I won't be booing him, but I'm not about to clap him either.

Guest smoggeordie

Signed his own death warrant when he went on live TV to call the manager a liar tbh.  I won't be booing him, but I'm not about to clap him either.

Even though he was spot on.

Guest andynufc84

I'm dreading him playing against us on Saturday I just hope he picks up a last minute niggle in training. That is borne out of respect for what he can do not any bad feelings.

I hope he gets a good reception, he was a top player for us who always gave 100% and loved playing in our shirt and was forced out by people who put their personal agendas before the club.

Agreed, I will never forgive that idiot Souness for letting him go

He was a bit of a loose cannon but Souness only thought of his own f*cking ego, as proved at Liverpool, Bellamy

can be handled by a good manager.

Bellamy is a quality footballer and was brilliant at Newcastle

Rest assured he will be up for saturday if he plays,  will cause us havoc alongside Crouch and Kuyt

Guest Gemmill

Spot on or not (and it's a matter of opinion), he should have foreseen the consequences of his actions.

Spot on or not (and it's a matter of opinion), he should have foreseen the consequences of his actions.

He's Welsh tho innit? ^-^

Guest smoggeordie

Maybe he did?

Guest Gemmill

Maybe he did?

:lol:  Yeah I'm sure it was a shrewd well thought-out move on his part, and not the behaviour of a thick-as-pigshit tithead acting on his impulses.

He's gonna get booed like f***.

I hope not, although bandwagon jumpers and those daft enough to believe what T.MacDermott said about him in the Chronicle will probably make enough noise for the booing to be THE  story.

Most supporters who watched him appreciate what he did for the team during what with hindsight, was a pretty good period for us with CL football and top six finishes.

Compare Bellamy's whole hearted approach to playing for NUFC to that of Duff, Emre, Owen etc etc, and theres no way he deserves to be booed.

I can understand why people like Bellamy for the quality he brought on the pitch and his passion and desire to win but this causes some to completely block out him being an odious little tosser and blame EVERYONE else for things he did.

If Bellamy came in and beat the shite out of their grandmother they would probably blame her for not sharing her werthers!

from www.nufc.com

Obafemi Martins (Newcastle)

28 starts

3 subs

11 goals

(9 in Prem)

Craig Bellamy (Liverpool)

23 starts

7 subs

7 goals

(6 in Prem)

Were Martins to net against Liverpool on Saturday he would reach double figures for the season in the Premiership - and beat Bellamy's best ever league return for Newcastle.

Bellamy NUFC Premiership goals -

by season:

2001/02 9 goals

2002/03 7 goals

2003/04 4 goals

2004/05 7 goals

I like how people blame souness for the bellamy situation but he walked all over robson, he had to go and as much as i hated souness i think he was correct in gettin rid of him. There was terrible indiscipline when souness came in and he actually sorted a lot of it out to his credit. I think he was right in gettin rid of him and Robert!

Hes a good player but a complete twat!

Guest Gemmill

Only one winner in a bollock-kicking contest between Bellamy and Martins an'all.  Martins' tree-trunk thighs would win the day.

They should have one on the centre spot instead of the Geordie Jackpot.