Same points as this time last year

Dunedin

We have 33 points from 26 games, the same as last year when Souness was sacked. Why do the Roeder lovers, who say he is doing a good job, think that a similar record to Souness is acceptable ?  I really hope he is on his way at the end of this season. Please don't offer injuries as an excuse for him as he is responsible for our wafer thin squad which has not been put right through two transfer windows. His inability to recognise our need for a left back really boils my p*ss. I am also sick of listening to his pathetic post match talks.

Guest ChickenKiev

...and you must admit that we seem to be going in the right direction, unlike under souness. Our football is slightly better now than it was a year ago.

.....yes but it is a shadow of what it was pre-Souness !!!

Besides the point.

If I believe you and agree that it is besides the point , are you then happy to settle for the sort of mediocrity we are currently watching and for it to continue, I was trying to say we should be aiming higher and only a competent manager will take us there. Obviously I do not believe Glen is competent.

Besides the point.

If I believe you and agree that it is besides the point , are you then happy to settle for the sort of mediocrity we are currently watching and for it to continue, I was trying to say we should be aiming higher and only a competent manager will take us there. Obviously I do not believe Glen is competent.

Initially you were comparing Souness and Roeder and then you basically chucked that out of the window and went to pre Souness.

Besides the point.

We should be aiming for a competent chairman first...

Besides the point.

Initially you were comparing Souness and Roeder and then you basically chucked that out of the window and went to pre Souness.

Accepted I was trying to say that Roeder had a similar track record this season, however you did not answer my questions about aiming higher and accepting mediocrity. Or, do you believe Roeder is competent and on what basis. My views on his incompetence are based on inability to change a game, tactically naive, favoritism with certain players who do not deserve his support, inability to operate in the transfer system and poor man management. His track record is hardly inspiring and yes I appreciated his work last season but we should have said thank you and moved on.

Besides the point.

I agree but I think a competent manager would be easier to achieve than changing the chairman

Besides the point.

I agree but I think a competent manager would be easier to achieve than changing the chairman

The current chairman had 2 opportunities to hire the competent manager and he fucked both times

...and you must admit that we seem to be going in the right direction, unlike under souness. Our football is slightly better now than it was a year ago.

Did I dream us getting hammered 5-1 at home by a Championship club?

Guest Knightrider

One freak result, lets keep things in perspective eh.

Charlton

Sheffield United

Bolton

Fulham

Man Utd

Aston Villa

All home games we didn't deserve anything from, our football is absolutely awful.

We have 33 points from 26 games, the same as last year when Souness was sacked. Why do the Roeder lovers, who say he is doing a good job, think that a similar record to Souness is acceptable ?  I really hope he is on his way at the end of this season. Please don't offer injuries as an excuse for him as he is responsible for our wafer thin squad which has not been put right through two transfer windows. His inability to recognise our need for a left back really boils my p*ss. I am also sick of listening to his pathetic post match talks.

there is a very simple answer to your question and it has to do with the astonishingly different situations both managers inherited.

Charlton

Sheffield United

Bolton

Fulham

Man Utd

Aston Villa

All home games we didn't deserve anything from, our football is absolutely awful.

Its slightly better than under Souness who also had Owen, Shearer and Ameobi to lump the ball at.

There's no distinction between the football we play now and that which we produced under Souness.

:jesuswept: i suppose it's comforting to know that people have forgotten how bad it was under Souness. the first-half against fulham, for example, while nothing extraordinary whatsoever relative to our performances under Roeder, would've been better than anything we produced in Souness's bad times. let me remind you, Solano partering amdy faye in defensive midfield, Ameobi as our left-winger, Ramage at left-back, no-one at right-wing, boumsong and bramble mistakes galore in defence, statuesque shearer stranded up front etc.

as for saying we deserved nothing from the villa match, that's an amazing claim to make, probably more accurate to say we deserved a draw if everything. we totally stunned them for the first 20 mins (the first 20 mins do count you know!) and then naturally you'd expect the team getting beat to have the lion's share of the game, as they have everything to do, while we just need to hang onto a lead (we actually extended it).

There's no distinction between the football we play now and that which we produced under Souness.

:jesuswept: i suppose it's comforting to know that people have forgotten how bad it was under Souness. the first-half against fulham, for example, while nothing extraordinary whatsoever relative to our performances under Roeder, would've been better than anything we produced in Souness's bad times. let me remind you, Solano partering amdy faye in defensive midfield, Ameobi as our left-winger, Ramage at left-back, no-one at right-wing, boumsong and bramble mistakes galore in defence, statuesque shearer stranded up front etc.

as for saying we deserved nothing from the villa match, that's an amazing claim to make, probably more accurate to say we deserved a draw if everything. we totally stunned them for the first 20 mins (the first 20 mins do count you know!) and then naturally you'd expect the team getting beat to have the lion's share of the game, as they have everything to do, while we just need to hang onto a lead (we actually extended it).

I'll never forget the shite played under Souness but I'll never forget the Sheffield Utd game, it was as bad as anything I can remember under Souness.

Guest stormrider

NUFC did not produce football between September 2004 and February 2006.

I'll never forget the shite played under Souness but I'll never forget the Sheffield Utd game, it was as bad as anything I can remember under Souness.

true that