This car tracking thing.

Stevie

The governments proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it.

The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver.

A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 inone month.

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked.

Somebody will know where you are at all times.  They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit you can expect aNIP with your monthly bill.

http://www.ukfootballone.co.uk/tax.jpg

This is a fuckin disgrace. Wor country used to be great. Even 10 years ago, the immigration was managable, football suited all budgets, there were no speed camera's, there was little or no terrorist threat because the IRA had calmed it doon, the toon were good, unemployment was low.

10 years on and this country is fuckin shit. We live every day under the threat of mass terrorism, especially those of us who live in big connurbations, every time you go to a city centre you're seen on 300 camera's and now fuckin this, I have to say we're systematically having the inidividuality of each and every one of us taken away, we're becoming part of a matrix, who is to blame? Us for putting up with all this shite, muslims, globalisation, and last but not least our arselicking shite government. Cunts.

I have to say I agree with your sentiments completely.

This country is going down the pan. When you look at what Blairs achieved in his nine years it makes you think;-

- Education = WORSE

- NHS = WORSE

- Terrorism/Crime = WORSE

- Economically = DONE WELL (Maintained house price increases, and kept interest rates 'reasonably low')

- Immigration = SHOCKING

Thats not to mention increased taxes, the petrol crisis OR the war in Iraq.

There's no denying most of 'middle england' is looking for an escape route and the long term implications of the current immigration are that most typical english families will be significantly outnumbered by 'Foreigners' and their kids and their kids that we would've sponsored through our taxes.

Nice thought, eh?

I just wonder if there will be an event or an occasion that makes your average joe stand up and say that this is no longer acceptable? Probably not, cos we're a passive people. Shame.

Immigrants are leeches and have suked the blood out of this country just when it was getting back on its feet. But there are not to blame, they saw an easy ride and they took it.

(PS: Comments will seem slightly controversial, but there is no hiding the fact anymore)

The UK isn't big enough to be overrun like America with millions of immigrants, and whats more of a cunt, they are always the 1st to complain when they cant get something because the system is over stretched by the extra bodies.

We'll never recover, our Country is lost and damaged beyond repair imo.

How did a thread about road pricing turn into a redneck rant thread!?!

You lot have got your heads so far up your arses that you don't have a fucking clue what reality is!!

Do you ever question what The Sun or the Mail tell you to think?

Unless you can provide a list of all the bad things immigrants have done to you personally that is longer than the list of all the bad things that British people have done to you personally, then your hatred of them is based upon prejudice rather than reality. Can any of you do that?

I won't hold my breath.

If on the other hand, you're happy to admit that you're prejudiced then that's fine. I'd have a lot more respect for you if you did, but you won't will you! You'll just spout the same old bullshit trying to claim that your opinions are based on reality and offering up supposed facts that you've not actually checked, but have simply copied verbatim from your tabloid of choice. It won't matter that 90% of these "facts" have been shown to be incorrect, misleading, or downright lies, you'll still keep regurgitating them parrot-fashion every time you get the opportunity, because that's what dumb people do.

If you're a racist, xenophobe, or whatever, why not just admit it? Are you ashamed of yourself? If so why?

Don't spout bollocks about immigrants and then try and tell the rest of us that you're not, because we're not that thick, don't insult our fucking intelligence!! Admit what you are and then we can all get on with the rest of our lives. Come on get your arses out of the closet.

- Education = WORSE

- Immigration = SHOCKING

These things can be "tracked back" to the pc brigade and successive governments being too weak to stand up to them.

Education - Let's get the figures up for those achieving 10 GCSE's, let's get everybody to achieve 'A' level standard and then give them a degree a bit later on. It doesn't matter that it's done by dropping standards, which has a big knock on effect throughout the country in all walks of life. The stats look good but many of those getting degrees aren't of good enough standard.

Terrorism/Crime - Goes without saying, as does immigration. We need to have immigration yes, but we should be more selective about who we let into this country. Being selective works for other countries, I see no reason why it shouldn't work here.

:lol:

Come on HTL, that post is random bollocks and you know it.

- Education = WORSE

- Immigration = SHOCKING

These things can be "tracked back" to the pc brigade and successive governments being too weak to stand up to them.

Maggie Thatcher might be a bit surprised to hear that you consider her one of the "PC Brigade", after all, she provided a large part of the inspiration for New Labour.

Education - Let's get the figures up for those achieving 10 GCSE's, let's get everybody to achieve 'A' level standard and then give them a degree a bit later on. It doesn't matter that it's done by dropping standards, which has a big knock on effect throughout the country in all walks of life. The stats look good but many of those getting degrees aren't of good enough standard.

Care to prove that standards have been reduced? By the way, you're aware that if more people get better results that doesn't prove exams are easier aren't you? I appologise if my questioning whether, or not, you understand the concept of cause and effect, is patronising to someone who has experienced high quality education and has undergone rigorous assessment methods, such as yourself.

If you ask people who actually know about education what they think is wrong with it, they'd probably point you in the direction of the National Curriculum and OFSTED, hardly tools of PC Brigade oppression.

Terrorism/Crime - Goes without saying,

Was it the "PC brigade" who were responsible for US foreign policy, the invasion of Afghanistan, the invasion of Iraq, etc? I must have missed that.

as does immigration. We need to have immigration yes, but we should be more selective about who we let into this country. Being selective works for other countries, I see no reason why it shouldn't work here.

We are selective, or did you think anyone (other than EU nationals) can come and live here? They can't.

Immigrants are leeches and have suked the blood out of this country just when it was getting back on its feet. But there are not to blame, they saw an easy ride and they took it.

(PS: Comments will seem slightly controversial, but there is no hiding the fact anymore)

The UK isn't big enough to be overrun like America with millions of immigrants, and whats more of a c***, they are always the 1st to complain when they cant get something because the system is over stretched by the extra bodies.

Exactly.  Well fucking said.

The UK isn't big enough to be overrun like America with millions of immigrants, and whats more of a c***, they are always the 1st to complain when they cant get something because the system is over stretched by the extra bodies.

Exactly.  Well fucking said.

You know what, I'd have never thought you, of all people, would agree with that post, I'm amazed.

What in gods name are they on about? :idiot2:

The car tracking thing is an outrage agreed. But some of the other stuff in this thread is a little embarassing. Although I do support the right of people to have their opinions however tricky  they might be.

:lol:

Come on HTL, that post is random bollocks and you know it.

- Education = WORSE

- Immigration = SHOCKING

Maggie Thatcher might be a bit surprised to hear that you consider her one of the "PC Brigade", after all, she provided a large part of the inspiration for New Labour.

Care to prove that standards have been reduced? By the way, you're aware that if more people get better results that doesn't prove exams are easier aren't you? I appologise if my questioning whether, or not, you understand the concept of cause and effect, is patronising to someone who has experienced high quality education and has undergone rigorous assessment methods, such as yourself.

If you ask people who actually know about education what they think is wrong with it, they'd probably point you in the direction of the National Curriculum and OFSTED, hardly tools of PC Brigade oppression.

Terrorism/Crime - Goes without saying,

Was it the "PC brigade" who were responsible for US foreign policy, the invasion of Afghanistan, the invasion of Iraq, etc? I must have missed that.

as does immigration. We need to have immigration yes, but we should be more selective about who we let into this country. Being selective works for other countries, I see no reason why it shouldn't work here.

We are selective, or did you think anyone (other than EU nationals) can come and live here? They can't.

It's not bollocks, I believe it totally.

I can't be arsed right now to go into great detail on all 3, I'm not feeling too good, but I will expand on the education bit because it's just so obvious what's going on.

I have two kids going through education right now, I have a wife who went through education around the same time I did. I have friends who have kids going through education right now, they too went through education a number of years ago, although after I did. We all take an active part in the education of our kids. I know that when a youngster hands in some course work which a teacher thinks isn't good enough they help them out with it then give them another stab at writing it all up again, thus giving them the opportunity of a better final result. That never happened in previous years and obviously makes it easier nowadays. How many parents do you think are doing a lot of the course work on behalf of their kids? Before you tell me this doesn't happen I should tell you that my daughter did all of her course work at home and did her GCSE's only last summer. To me, this is cheating. I've seen example papers that my daughter brought home last year, I could do them now and I left education years ago, man.

I know that many youngsters going on to university can't spell properly, you just have to read this forum to see that. I suppose you'll tell me that doesn't matter but you'd be wrong.  To suggest educational standards haven't dropped is ludicrous.

Here's what should happen and it's this which has fallen away under the pressure of the pc brigade because of their belief competition is bad and that nobody should be seen to fail type of nonsense. Of those people passing GCSEs only the top 'x' percent should be allowed to stay on for 'A' level. After that only the top 'x' percent should go to university. That 'x' percent should be small in both cases, quality rather than quantity is what should count. There is no shame in not being bright enough to reach this kind of educational standard and it does the country no favours to push people through just to get the figures higher, therefore making politicians look good. Also the longer the government can keep people in education the more it keeps the unemployment figures looking good too. It's all a scam designed to make them look good.

The car tracking thing is an outrage agreed. But some of the other stuff in this thread is a little embarassing. Although I do support the right of people to have their opinions however tricky  they might be.

The car tracking thing is yet more scaremongering.

Right, I've got a few things to say about all of this because lots of this thread is filled with absolute bollocks. Firstly this road tracking idea is abysmal. If the Government wants to make people pay more depending on how much fuel they use they should simply raise fuel taxes. It would be far more efficient and effective and far less draconian and Big Brother.

Regarding immigration. Firstly we damn well need it. Our population is aging, we need immigrants to make up the numbers in the young workers area of society. Yes there are some bad apples, there are plenty of bad apples in the indigenous population, but I've worked with quite a few foreigners and the vast majority have been extremely honest, hard-working people and this ridiculous tainting of all of them as some kind of massive blight upon our society is simply racist and stupid.

I don't like the Govt., but if you look at the situation with Poland for example you have to feel some sympathy for them. Britain didn't want to give them all free access to live here upon their joining the EU, but the EU powers decreed that this should be the case so Britain went along with it as is our duty in the Union. Then pretty much all the other countries changed their minds and backtracked but Britain took the high ground and let them in. Let's criticise the Government for a rare moment of integrity.

Also there's been a fair amount of bollocks spouted about education. Oh tests were far tougher back in my day. Firstly this 'things were much better in my day' is a common phenomenon that invades many walks of life, music, TV, especially regarding language. It's usually bollocks - Oh people spoke far better English back in my day. Actually, literacy rates have steadily increased over the years.

Perhaps, just perhaps another reason why more and more people are getting passes is because the education system in general has actually improved over the years. We're no longer tied to this 11+ bullshit where proper education is only provided to a select few who did well before they were even old enough to have acne. Now everyone is getting a better chance. There's still a lot of work needed but generally things have got better.

Also it's very easy to look at the GCSE questions and think Uh, these questions are really easy anyone could do them. In hindsight of course they fucking could. They're designed for 16 year olds, of course they're going to look easy to adults.

So people are allowed to do resits, so what? The point of education isn't to sort out the wheat from the chaff by the time kids are 16, the point is to try and educate people and allow them to be the best they can be. If resits get kids to go over work they've done and learn more than what's the fucking problem? If resits help kids improve then that's a good thing. That's what education is about.

A-Level/University education should only be granted to a select few? Jesus Christ. Yeah let's decide a kid's fate by how good they are at age 16, that's a stroke of genius. The fact is that our society has changed dramatically with the influx of machinery and globalisation. In times gone by the economy needed a large number of low-skilled workers, a few medium skilled workers and a small number of highly skilled workers. That's no longer the case; our economy is no longer based on manual labour, we now need a huge number of skilled workers and to get that we need as educated a workforce as possible.

Education is a good thing, one of the most important things in the world, why the fuck should we be trying to stop people from having access to it?

The car tracking thing is yet more scaremongering.

too true,that example was based on equal payments,ie each example paying the same per mile etc even after the government said that charging would be accrding to time and area ie you'd pay mpre in city centre in rush hour,and probably wouldn't pay at all in deepest countryside at 1030am.

like the rest of this thread...... tabloid fuelled sh1te.

Right, I've got a few things to say about all of this because lots of this thread is filled with absolute bollocks. Firstly this road tracking idea is abysmal. If the Government wants to make people pay more depending on how much fuel they use they should simply raise fuel taxes. It would be far more efficient and effective and far less draconian and Big Brother.

Regarding immigration. Firstly we damn well need it. Our population is aging, we need immigrants to make up the numbers in the young workers area of society. Yes there are some bad apples, there are plenty of bad apples in the indigenous population, but I've worked with quite a few foreigners and the vast majority have been extremely honest, hard-working people and this ridiculous tainting of all of them as some kind of massive blight upon our society is simply racist and stupid.

I don't like the Govt., but if you look at the situation with Poland for example you have to feel some sympathy for them. Britain didn't want to give them all free access to live here upon their joining the EU, but the EU powers decreed that this should be the case so Britain went along with it as is our duty in the Union. Then pretty much all the other countries changed their minds and backtracked but Britain took the high ground and let them in. Let's criticise the Government for a rare moment of integrity.

Also there's been a fair amount of bollocks spouted about education. Oh tests were far tougher back in my day. Firstly this 'things were much better in my day' is a common phenomenon that invades many walks of life, music, TV, especially regarding language. It's usually bollocks - Oh people spoke far better English back in my day. Actually, literacy rates have steadily increased over the years.

Perhaps, just perhaps another reason why more and more people are getting passes is because the education system in general has actually improved over the years. We're no longer tied to this 11+ bullshit where proper education is only provided to a select few who did well before they were even old enough to have acne. Now everyone is getting a better chance. There's still a lot of work needed but generally things have got better.

Also it's very easy to look at the GCSE questions and think Uh, these questions are really easy anyone could do them. In hindsight of course they f****** could. They're designed for 16 year olds, of course they're going to look easy to adults.

So people are allowed to do resits, so what? The point of education isn't to sort out the wheat from the chaff by the time kids are 16, the point is to try and educate people and allow them to be the best they can be. If resits get kids to go over work they've done and learn more than what's the f****** problem? If resits help kids improve then that's a good thing. That's what education is about.

A-Level/University education should only be granted to a select few? Jesus Christ. Yeah let's decide a kid's fate by how good they are at age 16, that's a stroke of genius. The fact is that our society has changed dramatically with the influx of machinery and globalisation. In times gone by the economy needed a large number of low-skilled workers, a few medium skilled workers and a small number of highly skilled workers. That's no longer the case; our economy is no longer based on manual labour, we now need a huge number of skilled workers and to get that we need as educated a workforce as possible.

Education is a good thing, one of the most important things in the world, why the f*** should we be trying to stop people from having access to it?

I'm suggesting that a process of selection of the brightest people go to university, there is no point in putting people through university of lower ability than that which is required. If you prefer to see that as stopping people having access to education that's just your peculiar way of looking at it. I prefer to optimise the abilities of the cleverest people in society. I'd say that yours is the attitude of the pc brigade, which believes it's not acceptable for a youngster to fail anything lest it damages their sensibilities, or something. This attitude is part of what is dragging the country down. Competition is a bad thing, blah blah blah.

Allowing people to have outside help in actual work that counts toward an exam result is cheating. You will disagree of course, despite my first hand knowledge of my daughter doing her course work at home, as they could all be doing or do you think she is a one-off? In fact my son is 14 and is going through it right now. The only course work he can't do at home is Science. You can call me a liar if you like, I won't complain. Do you really think it improves standards if parents can do course work for their kids? Do you really believe that a teacher highlighting areas of course work that aren't up to scratch, suggesting changes and allowing the work to be done again to include those changes improves standards? Now that is absolute bollocks.

There is no way that the average person leaving university with a degree in 2007 is as intelligent as the average person leaving university with a degree 20 years ago. That means standards have dropped overall, making the higher numbers largely worthless. You can disagree with that too.  You prefer quantity. I prefer quality.

On immigration. I started by saying we did need immigration, we just need to be more selective. You can explain to me why that is bollocks if you like.

Cheers

Some people in this thread sound pretty pissed off with Britain.  If you're that unhappy why don't you do something about it?  Join a political party, agitate, protest, refuse to pay tax, take direct action or failing that how about emigrating?

I don't think the goverment browses on here before it makes its policy.  If you want to sound exactly like an old fart, carry on talking about how things ain't what they used to be.  Cheers.  O0

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

Thats the government petition site. Its the most signed one.

And the government's already said it's going to ignore it anyway. So as far as futile gestures goes, signing that petition is right up there with people telling HTL to shut the fuck up.

Surely if it reaches certain numbers they can`t. It would cause riots.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

Thats the government petition site. Its the most signed one.

And the government's already said it's going to ignore it anyway. So as far as futile gestures goes, signing that petition is right up there with people telling HTL to shut the fuck up.

Surely if it reaches certain numbers they can`t. It would cause riots.

You'd think so...but they're going to do it anyway.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1361944.ece

From The Times

February 10, 2007

A million motorists embarrass road price ministers

Ben Webster, Transport Correspondent

The Government is to press ahead with preparations for nationwide congestion charging despite the millionth signature on a petition opposing the idea.

An experiment in internet democracy, in which people were invited to place petitions on the No 10 website and vote for them by e-mail, has embarrassed ministers.

The petition calling on the Government “to scrap the vehicle tracking and road-pricing policy” was due to gain its millionth signature last night, less than three months after it was posted on the website.

It received 92,000 signatures on Wednesday alone, thought to be a record for a single day.

Douglas Alexander, the Transport Secretary, said last night that the signatures showed the strength of feeling among motorists but would not deter him from commissioning large-scale road-pricing trials.

In an interview with The Times, he said that many of the claims made by those promoting the petition were “falsehoods”. He promised that there would be safeguards to protect motorists’ privacy and that the system would not be used to catch drivers speeding.

Both these claims were made in an e-mail supporting the petition sent by members of the Association of British Drivers, a hardline motoring group. The e-mail told people to pass it on and millions have received it in the past few weeks.

Mr Alexander said: “The response to this petition makes the case for more debate, not less, on the issue of road pricing. It makes me more determined to debate the real issues about how we tackle growing congestion.

“I understand there are strong feelings on this issue but strong feelings alone are no substitute for considering how we tackle the challenge of congestion.

“The e-mail that has been circulated more reflects misplaced fears than facts.”

Mr Alexander said that no decision had been made on whether to introduce a national scheme but he said that regional trials would start in four or five years’ time. Manchester and Birmingham are understood to be the front-runners for the trials.

Sir Rod Eddington’s report on the future of transport in Britain strongly supported the idea of nationwide congestion charging, which the Department for Transport has calculated could result in tolls of £1.28 a mile on the busiest roads in peak periods.

Mr Alexander did not offer assurances that the scheme would not raise the overall tax burden on motorists.

He said: “I cannot anticipate future decisions that will have implications in many budgets ahead. But the suggestion that every driver would pay more is simply wrong.”

He hinted that any increase in motoring taxes would be small and that other motoring taxes would be reduced.

He criticised the wording of the petition for suggesting that drivers’ movements would be monitored. He said: “If we were proposing what the petition suggests, I would share the concerns. Any system, to secure support, would need to address the issue of personal privacy.”

Peter Roberts, a car parts salesman and a founder of the petition group from Worcestershire, said that it had succeeded far beyond expectations.

Richard Hammond, the Top Gear presenter who survived a high-speed crash, said he would support the petition this week.

He said: “Are we prepared to be taxed for the privilege of going about our business?”

Indi wrote:

Don't spout bollocks about immigrants and then try and tell the rest of us that you're not, because we're not that thick, don't insult our f****** intelligence!! Admit what you are and then we can all get on with the rest of our lives. Come on get your arses out of the closet

I am slightly worried about your constant attempt to direct our thinking to male arses, there has been a pattern over the last few weeks which has caused me to link you to the London arse murderer Assif Anusti.

Anyway, when you say "we're not that thick"...I dare to think what you are referring to.

I don't think there's anything more painful than Rehhagel continuously trying to be funny.

Your alien belief and other conspiracy theories.

Point proven.

....rich irony mentioning conspiracies in this thread... mackems.gif