WUM's

Guest Kitty-Sniper

Guest Kitty-Sniper

i was just woundering who the various WUMs on the board are/ have been.

i assume cobh was leazes mag before this, but is gasuso a new WUM or is he gattuso from HTT?

if gattuso isn't now gasuso, then did he turn into cobh? they have/had similar posting styles imo.

(this is really me just asking is gattuso still around from the howaythetoon forum?)

and to add a bit to this thread so it doesn't die an early death...

WUM's a good or bad thing?

Good thing in my opinion.

A good one, like Cobh, will make a point in a very aggressive, provocative fashion that gets people riled up enough to respond en masse. However, the post will always be a valid point and he'll usually be able to back up what he's saying.

A bad one, I won't name names, just says things that he knows people won't agree with, in a very flimsy attempt to be seen as different and controversial.

Gattusso [sp] is now Rehegel and he only posts on political topics these days and only rarely... semingly for the sole reason of being able to call people communists (like myself). He makes Testa Mora and Cobh look left wing and super-PC. NOT a WUM - he actually believes the stuff he writes and posts tooo infrequently to merit WUM recognition. He is welcome to post more though and reclaim this status in his own right if he chooses.

Cobh was Ugly Makems on the old forum ... or am I missing something? Anyway if I remember correctly UM went over the top insulting various people who are now at Toontastic... the irony is now Cobh mostly posts there since he has been banned here. Bring him back BTW. Cobh is marginally a WUM - he did post things that were strictly informational and was always willing to help if you had a serious need for information or a ticket. He also posted solely to start an argument and that is what he is remembered for... well and the name calling. It didn't hurt my feelings anyway.

Ozzymandias was a WUM and he has improved his posting so I would say he is an ex-WUM. He had more patience than me for banal repetative banter so I started to ignore him early on and then he met up with posters more determined and more patient than me (Mick, NE5 and HTL). In my opinion those three have done us all a public service (thank you by the way) by badgering Ozzy because his threads have improved greatly. Once I even found myself agreeing with Ozzy a while back  bluebigeek.gif . - for the record it had nothing to do with Souness, Bellamy or our current XI.

Alex is also a WUM - in the annoying little sister that wont go away style. Not totally offensive but pestering. I don't hate Alex and sometimes (rarely) I appreciate her input, but 90% of her posts can be summarized in the following catagories:

Desperation TBH

bluewink.gif

or

Wrong again

bluelaugh.gif

Sometimes the posts can exceed more than five words, "TBH" and an emoticon, but those are very rare. If you don't add anything to a discussion other than dissmissive jibes limited to a couple of words for the sole purpose of getting on someones nerves or weak attempts at ridicule - well then congrats your a WUM in the Alex style. She may not have started this style of WUM-banter or anything but she has perfected it better than anyone who uses it here or Toontastic where it is currently the language of the realm.

Obi is a WUM old skool and proud of it - not sure what his current new psuedonym is. He made little sense and called people names - probably pissed when he did most of his posting.

Parky is what I would classify a "traditionalist" WUM. He pretends that he doesn't understand things or that he is stupid and has practically trademarked this:

:rofl:

In fact I actually picture him as this very emoticon and would be very disappointed to see his human form.

He is overeducated and worldly but still prefers to have a pint with the lads over reading Sartre. He also enjoys getting a rise out of anyone. Probably went to public school all his life but speaks in broad geordie anyway (not a judgement BTW).

Did I miss anyone?

Please don't take any of the above personally - its all meant in a light hearted way.

Alex is also a WUM - in the annoying little sister that wont go away style. Not totally offensive but pestering. I don't hate Alex and sometimes (rarely) I appreciate her input, but 90% of her posts can be summarized in the following catagories:

Desperation TBH

bluewink.gif

or

Wrong again

bluelaugh.gif

Sometimes the posts can exceed more than five words, "TBH" and an emoticon, but those are very rare. If you don't add anything to a discussion other than dissmissive jibes limited to a couple of words for the sole purpose of getting on someones nerves or weak attempts at ridicule - well then congrats your a WUM in the Alex style. She may not have started this style of WUM-banter or anything but she has perfected it better than anyone who uses it here or Toontastic where it is currently the language of the realm.

:lol: bluelaugh.gif crylaughin.gif

And she's bald! :p

Guest Kitty-Sniper

ah Ugly mackems forgot about that one, its like the missing link ;) .

gattuso has gone down hill imo, i used to like him on the old board.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Rehagel or whatever he's called is the most effective for causing an argument imo, usually get about 20 pages out of those threads he makes

Guest Kitty-Sniper

Taylor 27 needs an ON appraisal I reckon.

Always assumed Alex was a man, learn something new every day I guess.

he is and he doesn't.

i dont like the WUM taylor27 myself.

he must be a bit like taking it up the arse...

Guest Kitty-Sniper

O-Nit

Cobh was U-Mackems,and was never Leazes Mag,

and i didnt know Alex was a Bird either,not that it

matetrs to me like..

no cobh was LM as well i think. came back as UM when he was banned for something or other.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Maybe you're right and Chris is the master of satire, the whole messiah complex thing was all just a joke maybe? Doubt it ;) Having said that, HTT aint as bad as some of the TT crowd, he just has his moments like any of us.