Woody for the Toon Campaign

Mr. Slugworth

I know this is in another thread, but I want to try and make a big thing out of it.

Here's the deal: I think that we stand a chance of persuading Woody to come back to us in the summer (it's seems that he's up for sale, he belongs here, he'd sort our defence out etc. etc.)

Any ideas about how we can generate some interest (like the Hitzfeld campaign) so that with any luck, Woody gets to hear how much we all want him back here?

Genuinely, if I could choose one player to improve NUFC over the next five years, i'd go for Woody.

Must admit, I was one of those that really wanted his return in the summer but the guy is a crock, he's it not what we need. We need stability and players who won't get injured all of the time, we need to build a team.

I reckon he's past the worst of his injury probs.  1 year ago, i would have released Dyer on a free. Look at him now.

Aye im sure he has, Dyer has played a massive what? 17 games this season??!! He must be past all his problems :lol:

If I could choose one player to improve NUFC over the next 5 years it wouldn't be a crock.

Couldnt agree more, Woody comes back for a few games and people think he's been touched by jesus. IMHO i wouldnt touch him with a barge pole. He's a fantastic player when fit but i dont want us risking the future of our defence on a player who has been known as a crock, I'd rather we spent the money on a player like Curtis Davis who'd give us years of service plus a player we can rely on being fit.

If I could choose one player to improve NUFC over the next 5 years it wouldn't be a crock.

Couldnt agree more, Woody comes back for a few games and people think he's been touched by jesus. IMHO i wouldnt touch him with a barge pole. He's a fantastic player when fit but i dont want us risking the future of our defence on a player who has been known as a crock, I'd rather we spent the money on a player like Curtis Davis who'd give us years of service plus a player we can rely on being fit.

Curtis didn't have the best of games the other day so he is shit now btw. ;)

Guest Knightrider

When fit and on form, there is no-one better, but he is too much of a risk and even at £3-5m I'd rather we spent it on someone who will play regularly and give us good value for money over a long period of time. Woodgate is one knock away from a lengthy lay-off and always will be until the day he retires, probably forced retirement. He's history, we need to invest wisely from now on.

Guest durhamsmoggy

I know this is in another thread, but I want to try and make a big thing out of it.

Here's the deal: I think that we stand a chance of persuading Woody to come back to us in the summer (it's seems that he's up for sale, he belongs here, he'd sort our defence out etc. etc.)

Any ideas about how we can generate some interest (like the Hitzfeld campaign) so that with any luck, Woody gets to hear how much we all want him back here?

Genuinely, if I could choose one player to improve NUFC over the next five years, i'd go for Woody.

:sign10:

Guest Wally_McFool

We have had  Woodgate as a player, made a few million quid profit on him so its time to move on and forget him. As CoachHTT says he is too much of a risk!

Guest Stephen927

Too much of a risk and seeing as we have had an extensive injury list for quite a while now I can't see him staying fit for long.

Can we start a "Ben Haim for the Toon" campaign? He plays a lot, can play anywhere across the back 4, is a quality player, 24 years old and free in the summer!

:)

It will be great to see him here but i doubt it will happen,especially when Chelsea are interested in him

We cant compete with them

BRING BACK WOODY! Wheres the risk in signing one of the best defenders in europe? Curtis davies...hasnt proved himself at all and had a stinker the other day!

You're right. I can't see any risk in signing an injury prone footballer who's made 64 appearances in the past 4 years rather than a young Davies who has played 126 games in the past 4 years. After all he did have a bad game the other day  :rolleyes:

He did state that he'll be back one day and to keep the no. 6 shirt for him. Well its still available..

There's no doubt that an injury free Woody would be the best option, cut price as well, but can we afford to take the chance?

If Gooch impresses then I wouldnt mind if we get both Gooch and Woody, release Shambles and rotate between them two and Taylor... Edgar and Huntington filling in when necessary.

Guest andynufc84

This thread is a load of utter bollocks in my opinion

He's already snubbed us to go to Boro, why would things change? Forget about him

Guest durhamsmoggy

This thread is a load of utter bollocks in my opinion

He's already snubbed us to go to Boro, why would things change? Forget about him

Is the correct answer.

Guest Wally_McFool

and i think its only a matter of games before woody gets another injury:\

Blimey, that was quick, Woodgate misses todays game with a HAMSTRING injury.  No suprise there then!

and i think its only a matter of games before woody gets another injury:\

Blimey, that was quick, Woodgate misses todays game with a HAMSTRING injury.  No suprise there then!

haha,

BIG surprise:P