Roeder riles against outside investment.

BottledDog

Commenting on all he can... this time he is complaining about th influx of foreigners and backs the local chairman to the hilt.

Is it a valid comment or another snide snipe?

"It isn't really any of my business, but what I find interesting is that in all the takeovers, all the clubs have been sold to foreign investors," Roeder said ahead of Liverpool's visit to St James' Park today."

"Freddy Shepherd [the Newcastle chairman] is a very much a local chairman and a fan of the club. At the moment, he's out there on his own a little bit, with the exception, I suppose, of one or two others."

All fair sentiments. We all wish for a local sugar daddy.

I look forward to significant British investment in the near future. :)

Guest thenorthumbrian

Commenting on all he can... this time he is complaining about th influx of foreigners and backs the local chairman to the hilt.

Is it a valid comment or another snide snipe?

"It isn't really any of my business, but what I find interesting is that in all the takeovers, all the clubs have been sold to foreign investors," Roeder said ahead of Liverpool's visit to St James' Park today."

"Freddy Shepherd [the Newcastle chairman] is a very much a local chairman and a fan of the club. At the moment, he's out there on his own a little bit, with the exception, I suppose, of one or two others."

All fair sentiments. We all wish for a local sugar daddy.

I look forward to significant British investment in the near future. :)

I heard that Shepherd wants to buy out the Hall's stake in the club and return the club to being a private companywhich would mean Newcastle couldn't be sold to foreign ownership.

As for Roeders' comments I am sick of the shite he comes out with and can't take anything he says seriously.   

" At the moment, he's out there on his own a little bit, with the exception, I suppose, of one or two others."

is that cos the other chairman dont wanna talk to him?

no it's cos it's early in the morning and he is queing at Greggs