N'zogbia penciled in for return on the 3rd March

Guest nufc 4 life

Roeder relishes Charlie's return from knee blow

By Lee Ryder, The Evening Chronicle

Glenn Roeder has revealed how he is looking forward to welcoming back Newcastle United winger Charles N'Zogbia.

The French starlet has not featured for United since being carried off on a stretcher with a knee injury during the narrow 1-0 defeat at Chelsea in December

N'Zogbia had featured prominently before being injured in the capital, and is pencilled in to make his comeback on March 3.

Toon boss Roeder knows he has a longer wait for Michael Owen, who may not kick a ball again this season, and Shola Ameobi, who is currently recovering from a hip operation.

But the return of the young Frenchman would give Roeder another injection of pace, along with James Milner and Damien Duff who, by his own admission, feels his best form is yet to come.

Roeder told the Chronicle: "It will be good to see Charlie back after his knee injury.

"He has been progressing well at the training ground and, if he is fit, he gives us another option.

"Like all of our players who have been injured, such as Kieron Dyer, we will not rush him back until he is ready."

N'Zogbia (pictured) scored the first goal of the Roeder era in the Londoner's first game in charge against Portsmouth, but with £5m Duff arriving in the summer, the manager has options on the left side of midfield.

Meanwhile, Roeder has also praised the goalscoring form of James Milner.

He added: "It was a mystery how James took 31 games to get his first goal, but he has now netted a few times.

"Since the one went in against Man United another three have gone in and they have all been crackers."

Click Here

Hopefully he can re-discover his form of last season. He was a bit stop-start before he got injured this season, but that's largely down the the amount of games he didn't start, and i can imagine the mental affect of having an unwarranted competitor for left-wing was pretty harsh on him. Looking forward to seeing Zoggy come back!

Guest nufc 4 life

he's penciled? damn, thats gotta hurt.

lol you've got to kill everything haven't you it should be good to see him back might actually give duff an incentive to up his game

Guest nufc 4 life

i dunno duff is a very good player no matter what anyone says it's just that he is still trying to find his form i would choose a fit damien duff over a just back from injuury charles n'zogbia TBH play zogs in a couple of reserves matches first if i were glenn

GR said he's looking forward to getting him back e.t.c in the chronicle if you want to read story

Roeder would rather play Duff. Another measure of his shitness as a manager.

dropped for milner today...

GR said he's looking forward to getting him back e.t.c in the chronicle if you want to read story

Roeder would rather play Duff. Another measure of his shitness as a manager.

dropped for milner today...

And?

Just heard Roeders stupidity again on Sky. Talking about players OTHER than Owen, he said there were 7 or 8 players who if fit would be in the first team or challenging. Get to fuck, you stupid southern twat.

my point is duff isn't "undropable", so n'zogbia may get a run in the team. you have problems, don't you?

I have A problem, with a shite manager who appears to want to play certain people despite them not being fit to play in this league, or playing somone in preference to a player who was our best outfield performer last season.

I never said Duff was undroppable, i said that idiot Roeder has played a poor Duff ahead of a better player before, and i think he would again.

my point is duff isn't "undropable", so n'zogbia may get a run in the team. you have problems, don't you?

I have A problem, with a s**** manager who appears to want to play certain people despite them not being fit to play in this league, or playing somone in preference to a player who was our best outfield performer last season.

I never said Duff was undroppable, i said that idiot Roeder has played a poor Duff ahead of a better player before, and i think he would again.

NM - As I've said to monkey who doesn't get it, young players who have a season like Zog did last year often fade in their second full season. It can really set them back because the reaction of some fans ignorant to this can undermine their confidence. In the games Zog did play before his injury he didn't do too well for whatever reason, backing up the point I'm trying to make.

When he's fit I'd bring him back slowly, which we can do if Duff is also fit,  but I wouldn't be expecting a great amount from him and people should give him time. I posted about this last summer before the season even started.

Had everyone been fit bringing in Duff would have allowed Zog to be eased through his second full season without the pressure of playing every game, this is the best way to bring young players along imo. It's just unlucky that it hasn't worked out that way due to circumstances.

I have A problem, with a s**** manager who appears to want to play certain people despite them not being fit to play in this league, or playing somone in preference to a player who was our best outfield performer last season.

NM - As I've said to monkey who doesn't get it, young players who have a season like Zog did last year often fade in their second full season. It can really set them back because the reaction of some fans ignorant to this can undermine their confidence. In the games Zog did play before his injury he didn't do too well for whatever reason, backing up the point I'm trying to make.

When he's fit I'd bring him back slowly, which we can do if Duff is also fit,  but I wouldn't be expecting a great amount from him and people should give him time. I posted about this last summer before the season even started.

Had everyone been fit bringing in Duff would have allowed Zog to be eased through his second full season without the pressure of playing every game, this is the best way to bring young players along imo. It's just unlucky that it hasn't worked out that way due to circumstances.

Yeah a bit of second season syndrome.

I felt he was redisocvering his for before the injury a Chelsea though.

Guest TampaToon

Hopefully he can re-discover his form of last season. He was a bit stop-start before he got injured this season, but that's largely down the the amount of games he didn't start, and i can imagine the mental affect of having an unwarranted competitor for left-wing was pretty harsh on him. Looking forward to seeing Zoggy come back!

yeah, how dare the club attempt to improve a position through competition and depth!

n'zogbia is 8 or 9 years younger than duff, and has the the chance to play hundreds more games for newcastle during his career if he chooses.  if duff's arrival has affected his play, that's his own issue and not the club's fault.

glad to have n'zogbia back soon, though