TABLE - After L'pool match

Karjala

Wigan away, Smoggies at home, Charlton away, Man City at home and Sheff Utd away are our next five games - all games we can (and should) take three points from.

Right now we're ten points behind Arsenal and eight behind Bolton.  Don't see us catching either, but we're seven behind Reading who we could be able to catch.

"Not if both FA cup finalists have already qualified for europe."

erm can u expand that a bit plz.  Are you saying interbob cup could be as far down as 8th, if fa is from euro qualified teams?

or not, i forget the rules.....as they keep changing every bloody year!

There's no specific place for the Intertoto Cup.

Premier Division clubs APPLY to take part. Say two Premier Division clubs apply, the team who finished highest in the league go through. Like Newcastle and Bolton last season.

In terms of automatic qualification to the UEFA Cup from the league (IE 6th place opens up), the Carling Cup winners must already be guaranteed a place in Europe anyway (like Man Utd last season).

Well 5th place is Uefa Cup. The other two spots go to Cup winners. If the Carling Cup winner has already qualified then 6th place gets the spot automatically.

If the Fa Cup winner has qualified the spot will first go to the runners-up, like West Ham last year. If the runners-up have also qualified then 7th place gets the last remaining Uefa Cup spot...

Intertoto qualification goes to the highest placed applicant. So if no one applies then it can go the the 10th, 11th and so on.

EDIT: 6th spot this season is guaranteed Uefa Cup qualification already since the finalists are Arsenal and Chelsea, so it doesnt matter who wins it.

If both FA cup finalists are in Europe already, then the UEFA place from the cup goes to the team that comes seventh, meaning Intertoto will be moved down to the 8th place team.

Wrong.

Right about the FA Cup bit... wrong abuot the Intertoto bit. It doesn't work like that.

Two years ago we qualified for the Intertoto from 14th position. Us and Crystal Palace applied, i think.

Well 5th place is Uefa Cup. The other two spots go to Cup winners. If the Carling Cup winner has already qualified then 6th place gets the spot automatically.

If the Fa Cup winner has qualified the spot will first go to the runners-up. If they too have already qualified then 7th place gets the last remaining Uefa Cup spot...

Intertoto qualification goes to the highest placed applicant. So if no one applies then it can go the the 10th, 11th and so on.

Yep!!

We've played our games against Manyoo and Liverpool now. Arsenal have to come here, and haven't been great this season. We are strong at home against Chelsea, especially when the game is at a time when the season will be wrapped up. A little bit out of those two, plus a win away at rweading, and just other consistent performances would see us up to 7th IMO, as I just cant see Everton or Bolton slipping up.

Probably finish something like this:

5. Bolton Wanderers ..... nailed on in my opinion

6. Tottenham Hotspur ..... they'll come through at the right time

7. Everton

8. Reading

9. Newcastle United

10. Portsmouth

Portsmouth really aren't that good. They've started to slip up and they'll finish the season like Wigan did.

Man Utd and Liverpool are both completely out of the way, and we've got Arsenal and Chelsea left to play only once. Both at home. We HAVE to be the teams we have to beat, and we'll do well. But i still fear for us...

Guest Deep456

Probably finish something like this:

5. Bolton Wanderers ..... nailed on in my opinion

6. Tottenham Hotspur ..... they'll come through at the right time

7. Everton

8. Reading

9. Newcastle United

10. Portsmouth

Portsmouth really aren't that good. They've started to slip up and they'll finish the season like Wigan did.

Man Utd and Liverpool are both completely out of the way, and we've got Arsenal and Chelsea left to play only once. Both at home. We HAVE to be the teams we have to beat, and we'll do well. But i still fear for us...

You are the most pessimistic fan ever. Tottenham won't come throught cuz they are shite one good season woopty doo.

Intertoto is going to be more popular than in the past, as it starts later, and there are less extra games to play, with a higher probability of going through.

I can definitely see the likes of Spurs, Everton, us applying. Infact all the teams that are umming and ahhing in terms of European qualification might apply.

UEFA Cup qualification is touch and go this year, it really is.