Oba looked good yesterday

Guest Phil K

A bit of a handful, and that made the daft Liverpool defender try to elbow him when whacking the ball anywhere was more sensible, bringing about our equalizer.

dont want to start the whole is kuyt similar to anyone else or better than anyone else but I see Kuyt much like the bellamy we had when we were in champs league etc. He is a play maker and was never going to set the league alight. When i saw the world cup and him consistantly being played on the wing in the midfield i knew he was a play maker. Not that i want to make a giant leap here but if martins stays fit this lad will out score kuyt and yea i agree with you menace if i can think of where to put my 10 millon now the younger, keener, quicker martins does it for me everytime.

I'd have Kuyt here as well as Martins - would have made an excellent partnership.

Martins is probably my favourite player at the moment. Hearing his name associated with Newcastle always brings a smile to my face, as he is talented, and hard working, and will undoubtedly be responsible for one of the best moments of the match.

A real matchwinner.

I rate Martin since Inter Milan debut... the way he frightening defense  with his pace is awesome... even Nesta said himself that he hate to face Martin on pace... what i think when NUFC get Martin... is very very lucky... top class striker... and can only be more good because he is such a young lad... I jumping around when newcastle got martin instead of that over hyped kuyt O0

I'm eating my words, I thought he was shit when he first came.

He's settled in and he's scoring goals and working hard. Fair play to the lad, he's starting to look like a real star now  :thup:

Guest Moe-Ali

Was one of my favorite at milan, and is my outright favorite player now, because obafemi is tailored for this league.

and he certainly isnt your average player, when i think of obafemi, i think of speed, strength, hard work, good 2 feet, but also hungerr,

he is a player very hungry for success.

I'm glad we got him instead of Kuyt.

would've preferred both tbh but I'm greedy. :icon_biggrin: . I'm still a big fan of Kuyt, big ,strong, holds the ball up, good in the air, gives 100%. Martins has the pace and strength which is probably more of what we needed at the moment in time.

I reckon GR still wanted Kuyt despite his excuses when Liverpool nipped in......he was to busy fannying about undecided . all in all we still haven't seen the best of both players which bodes well for the future

I rate him and he's saved our bacon this season: we'd be utterly, utterly fucked if he turned out to be a Tevez. I wish his first touch wasn't so shit sometimes: sometimes it's excellent but other times he'd be laughed off a Sunday league pitch.

he is so committed - it is fantastic to watch! so many players could learn from that attitude...

also, he is scoring some very important goals for us!

Guest kingdawson

Always always said that Martins would be a big success at your club. The thing i notice about him is the fact that 1 minute he's playing poorly and not really getting involved in the match then the next minute the opposition goalkeeper is picking the ball from the net (robbo  >:(). Although they are totally different types of players, he reminds me Of Keane in a way. They both seem to struggle when they,ve got a lot of time to think about what there gonna do( one on one's) but are very good when it comes to being instinctive.

Guest getalife

Can't wait for Owen's superior movement to create space for Martins.

That's the thing, you can just see that Owen and Martens are going to be fckn dynamite together. Could be something spectacular next season....