Oba looked good yesterday

Guest Phil K

Guest getalife

Can't wait for Owen's superior movement to create space for Martins.

That's the thing, you can just see that Owen and Martens are going to be fckn dynamite together. Could be something spectacular next season....

UEFA Cup final more like.

I like your style......

Guest Knightrider

His best performance for us yesterday, his link up play was excellent at times and he gave their defence a torrid time, him dropping deep also forced Sissoko to track him and the Liverpool man was bullied out of it a few times by our Nigerian dwarf. If he keeps improving at this rate he'll be something special, I was very impressed.

His best performance for us yesterday, his link up play was excellent at times and he gave their defence a torrid time, him dropping deep also forced Sissoko to track him and the Liverpool man was bullied out of it a few times by our Nigerian dwarf. If he keeps improving at this rate he'll be something special, I was very impressed.

Legs like fekin tree trunks....You could see Reina visibly soil his pants when he ran at him. mackems.gif

I saw Kuyt on the TV a couple of times about a year ago and at that time he was my preferred target. Physical, hard-working, good fit for the Premiership. Good eye for goal, good movement and likes to get involved in build up play, basically I thought he'd be a perfect foil for Owen, who likes to sit on the last shoulder.

When Owen got injured at the world cup I then wanted Martins more. Didn't know too much about him apart from his lethal pace and insanely hard shot, but after last year I simply couldn't face another season without any speed up front. We needed that dimension. Have to say in some areas I've been very impressed and in others there's clearly work to be done. He's obviously incredibly athletic and hard-working. Extremely two-footed and hits the ball ridiculously hard with hardly any backlift.

His 10 yard first touch looked quite worrying at first, but I do think that and his all-around build up play has come on tremendously and he's beginning to look like the complete package. Basically, for me, Roeder now needs to tell him to get his arse over to the near post more often and make him watch hours and hours of Berbatov footage to show him where and when to make his runs.

Roeder now needs to tell Martins to get his arse over to the near post more often and make him watch hours and hours of Berbatov footage to show him where and when to make his runs.

Martins needs to watch videos of Berbatov on where to make runs and how to score!!!???  ???

this is Berbatov the guy thats scored ZERO goals away from home!!!  mackems.gif

and a mere 6 in total in the Premiership  :undecided:

get him to watch videos of a proper number 9 Alan Shearer a guy that actually fired in lots of goals rather then that lazy foreigner you suggested

And Roeder needs to get him a decent partner. Because if he thinks Shola can do it, he's even more of a cretin that i thought.

What's that bloke whose name starts with M...? I'm sure there's a player like that at our club.

Martins needs to watch videos of Berbatov on where to make runs and how to score!!!???  ???

Firstly I didn't say anything about learning to score from Berbatov, Martins would do well to learn about movement and awareness from him.

He times his runs really well, takes good angles, runs along the backline and nips behind the defence really well from what I've seen. He's a very intelligent footballer. Look at his header that Van Der Saar tipped over, the way he had a little glance back before going in for the ball - he's not just focused in on the ball, he knows what's going on around him and that helps a lot in his positioning and movement, an aspect of his game that is far superior to Martins' in my opinion.

If the limit of your understanding of sports is the use of selective statistics may I recommend turning your attention to baseball. It'll suit you better.

Firstly I didn't say anything about learning to score from Berbatov, Martins would do well to learn about movement and awareness from him.

He times his runs really well, takes good angles, runs along the backline and nips behind the defence really well from what I've seen. He's a very intelligent footballer. Look at his header that Van Der Saar tipped over, the way he had a little glance back before going in for the ball - he's not just focused in on the ball, he knows what's going on around him and that helps a lot in his positioning and movement, an aspect of his game that is far superior to Martins' in my opinion.

If the limit of your understanding of sports is the use of selective statistics may I recommend turning your attention to baseball. It'll suit you better.

O and he should learn from Berbatov all so fantastic work rate  :rolleyes:

Guest kingdawson

Very good post mate, your spot on. Berbatov's first touch, control and positioning is second to none. 12 goals this season isnt that bad. To bad he has a load of shite around him and has to do all the work himself.

Very good post mate, your spot on. Berbatov's first touch, control and positioning is second to none. 12 goals this season isnt that bad. To bad he has a load of shite around him and has to do all the work himself.

unlike oba :lol:

Very good post mate, your spot on. Berbatov's first touch, control and positioning is second to none. 12 goals this season isnt that bad. To bad he has a load of s**** around him and has to do all the work himself.

do all the work himself?

Berbatov has scored ZERO goals away from home for you guys maybe if he turned up away from home you guys would have a better away record and higher league place rather then dropping down the table like a stone thrown from the sky

when fit Ledly King is your lynchpin and your man of consistency he is the man you should look to for as a example he is by far your best and most important player not this foreigner who has scored ZERO goals for you away from home and contributed very very little to trying to turn around your away form

Guest kingdawson

Very good post mate, your spot on. Berbatov's first touch, control and positioning is second to none. 12 goals this season isnt that bad. To bad he has a load of s**** around him and has to do all the work himself.

do all the work himself?

Berbatov has scored ZERO goals away from home for you guys maybe if he turned up away from home you guys would have a better away record and higher league place rather then dropping down the table like a stone thrown from the sky

when fit Ledly King is your lynchpin and your man of consistency he is the man you should look to for as a example he is by far your best and most important player not this foreigner who has scored ZERO goals for you away from home and contributed very very little to trying to turn around your away form

you make some good points. Away from home he has played shite but if it wasent for he's outstanding home form, we would probably be in a relegation fight. He's also got about 10 assists to which is highly impressive.

Can't wait for Owen's superior movement to create space for Martins.

That's the thing, you can just see that Owen and Martens are going to be fckn dynamite together. Could be something spectacular next season....

UEFA Cup final more like.

<snigger>

;D this cunt.  Northern Monkey has surely had 1,000 posts on this board, the first person to show me something he's posted which is vaguely positive, I assure you I will paypal £10 to you.

James Milner was the worst player on the pitch, after all he CANT play down the left !

mackems.gif

Let me guess. Copyrights HTL?

Indeed.

Milner has always looked comfortable on either wing. Better on the right, yes, because of his crossing, but still very comfortable there.

Alot more than good enough as a backup for that wing.

How old are you? Why you feel the need to lie on the forum is beyond me, tbh. No need.

Here is a link to what I actually said, which is different to what is said in your lie....

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=35515.msg690722#msg690722

Which means, in simple terms for you to understand, that Milner on the left is like Taylor at RB, he can fill in but that's all. In my opinion.

COmpeltely right. Add Dyer up front, too.

ten quid please...

Guest Knightrider

I was very disappointed by Kuyt, he works very hard of course and packs a mean shot as well as being decent enough in linking up play but for that money I'd expect more class which he just doesn't seem to possess, at all. He's all industry and graft. He's no different to many strikers in the league in many ways and not even a step above Crouch. Decent player but nowt special and fairly average in the grande scheme of top strikers, by some distance. Glad we never bought him now and spent the money on Martins instead. Mind he'd make a decent partner for someone like Martins so if Liverpool could find such a player they could have a devastating attack. I can't see him and Bellamy being too effective, a very poor man's Shearer-Bellamy type of partnership where as him and Crouch as a partnership lack any pace and guile. If they get a few quid to spend I think they'll rethink their strikeforce and I can see Kuyt ending up as back-up and featuring heavily on the bench a lot.

I was very disappointed by Kuyt, he works very hard of course and packs a mean shot as well as being decent enough in linking up play but for that money I'd expect more class which he just doesn't seem to possess, at all. He's all industry and graft. He's no different to many strikers in the league in many ways and not even a step above Crouch. Decent player but nowt special and fairly average in the grande scheme of top strikers, by some distance. Glad we never bought him now and spent the money on Martins instead. Mind he'd make a decent partner for someone like Martins so if Liverpool could find such a player they could have a devastating attack. I can't see him and Bellamy being too effective, a very poor man's Shearer-Bellamy type of partnership where as him and Crouch as a partnership lack any pace and guile. If they get a few quid to spend I think they'll rethink their strikeforce and I can see Kuyt ending up as back-up and featuring heavily on the bench a lot.

I don't know how you can be dissapointed by Kuyt. He is class. He does not score a lot of goals, just one goal shy of Martins in premiership. Martins is more talented, but Kuyt is much more rounded. His runs and assists are very good. Shame that Kuyt's partner are either the wasteful one dimensional Belamy or the wasteful Crouch. In a way shame that Martin's partner is the limited Sibierski.

Any 2 of Martins, Kuyt and Berbatov would make excellent partnership.