Scott Parker - magnificent against Liverpool

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

He has came in for a lot of criticism this season, some justified, some not, but yesterday we saw what Parker is capable of - bossing a midfield containing such powerhouses as Gerrard and Sissoko - I thought he was brilliant overall, although he faded in the second half. Attacking, defending, keeping the ball, he did all those things really well and had a stormer. His season has been interupted but hopefully his niggly injuries are over with and he can carry on putting in such performances in the remaining games.

Guest smoggeordie

Made loads of crunching tackles in the centre of the park. Showed the form we saw in the first half a dozen games of the season.

Agreed,he took good use of the pitch and was really good at his tackleing,something we didnt see since he broke Bullards leg,he seemed to have returned to his former self in this game,he was also fantastic with the ball,the games before he lost it alot and seemed to make to many pointless moves,yesterday his touchs with the ball were fantastic and his passing was good,though he can improve it move

Hopes he keeps it up,we need players like him in our side..

Guest Knightrider

What pleased me most about his performance was his ball retention and tactical awareness, he was very much the Captain out there for us yesterday. I defy anyone watching that performance to claim Parker is not good enough for Newcastle. He put Gerrard to shame yesterday and that is more like the Parker we know exists, or at least I do anyway. Now he needs to get over his niggly fitness problems and start playing like that on a regular basis, to put in some consistent performances like he did last season.

He played well - better than the defenders some people are pretending were great.

"Stevie G" and Sissoko were poor, but i think they appeared that way because Parker himself played so well.

The trademark 8-yard, telegraphed, hideous sliding tackles were missing, which was nice. He played like the kind of player we thought he was, before he appeared to become 3-dimensional.

Guest Knightrider

He played well - better than the defenders some people are pretending were great.

"Stevie G" and Sissoko were poor, but i think they appeared that way because Parker himself played so well.

The trademark 8-yard, telegraphed, hideous sliding tackles were missing, which was nice. He played like the kind of player we thought he was, before he appeared to become 3-dimensional.

Aye, I think Parker's own performance subdued Gerrard's although the Liverpool man himself was clearly having a poor game, but much of that was down to Parker shadowing him and snapping away. Parker excelled as defensive midfielder yesterday and stemmed the flow a number of times, while also having the energy to get up in support of the forwards. An all-action  display. No doubt some fill still try and find fault with his game.

Aye, I think Parker's own performance subdued Gerrard's although the Liverpool man himself was clearly having a poor game, but much of that was down to Parker shadowing him and snapping away. Parker excelled as defensive midfielder yesterday and stemmed the flow a number of times, while also having the energy to get up in support of the forwards. An all-action  display. No doubt some fill still try and find fault with his game.

He didn't score a 700-yard screamer, like Emre could if he wanted to. Sack the 50's hairdo-sporting cunt, tbh.

He has came in for a lot of criticism this season, some justified, some not, but yesterday we saw what Parker is capable of - bossing a midfield containing such powerhouses as Gerrard and Sissoko - I thought he was brilliant overall, although he faded in the second half. Attacking, defending, keeping the ball, he did all those things really well and had a stormer. His season has been interupted but hopefully his niggly injuries are over with and he can carry on putting in such performances in the remaining games.

He played well and seemed to actually be enjoying himself.

Hope this gets pointed out on the Legends tomorrow. The silence is deafening when Parker has a great game and someone praises him. If MacDonald can't throw any criticism in about his performance then he just shuts up all together. I'm not one of those people who actually follow the thought that the reason we went on a run towards the end of last season was because of Parker being injured. Recently we've won games against the likes of Spurs and Liverpool with Parker in the team and we got a very good draw against Manure as well. An on form Parker is one of our biggest assets IMO.

He was great, really like the way he and Taylor seems to really burn for the club and winning. Need to have more people like that. Given, Taylor, Solano, Parker and Martins to some extent really seem to have a bit more desire than the rest of them. Maybe Milner and Dyer could me mentioned too. Hopefully with a bit of success the rest will be motivated and if we add a few players something that resembles the bobby years could come and this time we win the league cup:)

Or is that just me dreaming?:)

He was great, really like the way he and Taylor seems to really burn for the club and winning. Need to have more people like that. Given, Taylor, Solano, Parker and Martins to some extent really seem to have a bit more desire than the rest of them. Maybe Milner and Dyer could me mentioned too. Hopefully with a bit of success the rest will be motivated and if we add a few players something that resembles the bobby years could come and this time we win the league cup:)

Afraid so, mate.

Afraid so, mate.

Damn Newcastle United and all these false dawns. Always gets me hoping and then failure comes crashing down.