Onyewu gives Craig elbow

Guest hindu times

Guest hindu times

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/journalsport/tm_headline=onyewu-gives-craig-elbow%26method=full%26objectid=18609562%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

"There was a moment when he was complaining that I elbowed him in the head," revealed the giant centre-half, who will be unable to play in the Uefa Cup this week as he has already appeared in the competition for Standard Liege.

"I responded and said `look at where your head is, I can't help it if you're so short you only come up to my elbow.

"He just looked at me and smiled and said `you've got a point there.'

Mint

The worrying thing about that interview is that GR says that gooch and titus looked a good partnership. Surely that can't keep Bramble in the team, although saying that Taylor did well at right back and looked alot more solid than Carr.

The worrying thing about that interview is that GR says that gooch and titus looked a good partnership. Surely that can't keep Bramble in the team, although saying that Taylor did well at right back and looked alot more solid than Carr.

Surely the defence should now be NOBBY TAYLOR GOOCH EDGAR  with Hunty on the bench. Car and Shambles out!!

Milner and Duff on the wings. Dyer and Martins up top.

Bramble and Gooch looked good in the second half, but bramble let bellamy slip past him way too often in the first. Sure there is potential in the Bramble and Gooch partnership but its always going to be let down by the mistakes of at least the former.

Unfortunately Taylor is almost as Rash at times as the bumble.

Bramble and Gooch looked good in the second half, but bramble let bellamy slip past him way too often in the first. Sure there is potential in the Bramble and Gooch partnership but its always going to be let down by the mistakes of at least the former.

Unfortunately Taylor is almost as Rash at times as the bumble.

that's the thing. Taylor and Bramble are equally capable of silly mistakes. But I would persist with the Onyewu - Titus partnership simply because Bramble is a better charger than Taylor and is stronger/quicker.

haven't heard any praise for Bramble's goal-line clearance after Bellamy rounded Harper which saved the game for us

Nobby has to stay at right-back. Absolutely no arguments. Taylor is alright there, he can do a job, but his positional sense is lacking and obviously he isn't as penetrating going forward, despite the penalty win the other day. However, Tayls simply cannot be dropped going on his form this season - he just can't. Nor can Onyewu, who has established himself already as a tidy centre-half. If Roeder persists with Bramble, especially after an abysmal first half performance against Liverpool and a less than convincing one against Fulham, it's just not right in my opinion.

Well he will line up Bramble and Taylor in the centre Thursday, that game and the return leg will have a huge baring on who lines up with Gooch against Wigan.

Two solid shows from the both of them might even force Gooch to the bench.

By the time we play in the league again its likely to be

Nobby  Gooch  Taylor/Bramble  Baba

IMO. Taylor and Bramble have it all to prove in the Uefa. That said I would be suprised if we lined up the same as Saturday against Wigan.

Go with all of them, good old wing backs.

----------Taylor----Gooch----Bramble

Nobby-------------------------------------Edgar

Gooch has a great stare, even Bella's looked worried :D

He also seems to have a  good temperment, if he can cope with that little anoying shite in his ear for a full game and not rip his head off then he is going to keep his cool no matter what.

Good call skirge but a more forward type of wingback such as Duff or Zoggy on the left.

You want 8 bodies forward to play in the opponents half not half your team hanging back. Get one of the massive centre backs to drive forward also wth the ball when they pick it up.

The much (unfairly by us) maligned Bramble can do this, it would be the making of him. He could knock people over on his way through and get away with it.

(tin hat on)

----------------------Given

-----------Taylor----Gooch----Bramble

Nobby-------------------------------------Zoggy

--------------Milner--------Parker---------

----------------------Dyer

---------Owen-----------------Martins