Inside Out: Report on (lack of) talented Newcastle youngsters.

James

Yeah read this earlier, decent reading although basically its correct in saying we havent produced the good things have been happening over the past few years.

The likes of Taylor, Chopra, Ameobi, now Edgar and Huntingdon cant be ignored, although they are hardly the flair and level of their predecesors.

At least a few lads are breaking through.

We need to sign more N'Zogbia's/Kruls aswell, how many Arsenal youth players are from London, or even English!

excactly - these players are worth the gamble, even if they don't all pay off. just look at bendtner, song, denilson, clichy, larsson, eboue etc. from arse.

you don't have to go for the bale's of this world, many players develop faster later on - so there are still good deals to be done!

We need to sign more N'Zogbia's/Kruls aswell, how many Arsenal youth players are from London, or even English!

So instead of actually bringing local players through ourselves we should sign a bunch of 17/18 year olds to play on our youth team? :undecided:

I dunno. I saw this after the England match and he was banging on about how, in the past, the England team had plenty of players from the North-East: Gazza, Waddle, Beardsley, etc. and how there's none now. I look at the England team sheet and two North-East players started the match--Woodgate and Carrick: 22% of the team! And another, Downing, came on in the second half! Once Shola and Taylor get called up we'll pwn the national team. ;D

So instead of actually bringing local players through ourselves we should sign a bunch of 17/18 year olds to play on our youth team? :undecided:

Aye because it is failing so spectacularly at Arsenal? :undecided:

A couple of players who apparently excelled against Swindon last night were 15/16 year old attacking players. These players would have been playing for Roeder when 13, so there is a chance that there might be a few skillful players - something we dont often produce, waiting around for five years time.

I would hate to have a "youth system" like Arsenals, their youth system is basically made up of a group of scouts that go around buying 17/18 year old foreign players. And even if it did work, what if we ended up a squad with just 1 english player in it? So much for bringing local talent through.

I would hate to have a "youth system" like Arsenals, their youth system is basically made up of a group of scouts that go around buying 17/18 year old foreign players. And even if it did work, what if we ended up a squad with just 1 english player in it? So much for bringing local talent through.

I'd love it personally, although a mix would of local and talent from elsewhere would be ideal.

Obviously I would love a whole youth team who were born in the centre circle at SJP but that doesn't often work, teams like Arsenal (and now Liverpool) are buying more and more really young players and there is obviously a reason for this. Obviously you will get a few good youngsters come through every now and then but Arsenal probably have a whole outfield youth team that could work our first 11!

To be honest, alot of Arsenal's budding youth players aren't just Spanish, Dutch or French (etc). For instance, they have roughly 10 players playing through the youth ranks with England.

Also the likes of Muamba (English citizen, although Congolese) and Randall have proven themselves to be contenders for the first team squad.

Whereas youngsters like Barazite, Parisio and Merida haven't quite reached the first team yet.

Obviously players like Lupoli and Bendtner have impressed on loan and will be seen as rising stars but to say that all Arsenal has been doing is purchasing decent young foreigners is a bit off point.

Especially when alot of their Reserve/Youth teams contain London born, if not Arsenal fans, in their line-ups.

I didn't say ALL of Arsenals young players were foreign but a lot are. Look at the players breaking through over the last couple of seasons Senderos, Djourou, Clichy, Eboue, Hoyte, Traore, Diaby, Denilson, Fabregas* thats not even including those currently out on loan (of which there must be about half a dozen!) at the moment. All of them picked up cheap and most of them are foreign imports.

*Not sure how many youth/reserve games he actually played but he was still picked up young and cheap like N'Zog and Krul.