World Cup Bid

Skirge

What you lads think about this world cup bid then ?

SJP will be used as one of the stadiums, but there is mention that our stadium can be added too, if this all go's ahead I can see us getting permision to add more seats to SJP  :thup: :thup: amazing how things cna go your way when the government need is too.  :thup:

Only 2 full houses this season so far mate I know, but when we wanted to extend SJP we were refused perision to add to the ground or to build a new one, but now the Government have decided they want to host the World Cup it would help the bid if we had an even bigger ground.

From a structual and visual point of view it would be amazing to extend the Gallowgate around to match the leazes, giving a horseshoe effect.

Like mentioned though we would struggle to fill it, especially as ticket prices would probably soar just to fund it.

Would look imense though, Someone posted some images of how it would look a while ago.

Guest Doctor Jimmy

This country definately has the stadia for it. I think Germany used 16 grounds so taking that into consideration these are the ones i would go for

WEMBLEY

MANCHESTER UNITED

NEWCASTLE UNITED

LIVERPOOL

CHELSEA

ARSENAL

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

SOUTHAMPTON

SUNDERLAND (sorry)

MANCHESTER CITY

DERBY COUNTY

ASTON VILLA

LEICESTER CITY

Thats 13 ive come up with and i cant think of anymore. Theres a chance Boro may get a shout but with 2 already in the area im not so sure the powers that be would go for it, Coventry have a similar argument in the Midlands and the 3 big Yorkshire grounds at the minute are a bit under developed. Any ideas?

I still think Fred will try and use it to the clubs advantage, and I bet he will try to get the Governemnt to pay at least half of the cost.

If we are going to extend the ground then doing it this way would be a great option.

Guest ChickenKiev

Waste of money, only if the goverment footed the bill should it even be thought of

And who's money do you think that is?

Guest optimistic nit

This country definately has the stadia for it. I think Germany used 16 grounds so taking that into consideration these are the ones i would go for

WEMBLEY

MANCHESTER UNITED

NEWCASTLE UNITED

LIVERPOOL

CHELSEA

ARSENAL

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

SOUTHAMPTON

SUNDERLAND (sorry)

MANCHESTER CITY

DERBY COUNTY

ASTON VILLA

LEICESTER CITY

Thats 13 ive come up with and i cant think of anymore. Theres a chance Boro may get a shout but with 2 already in the area im not so sure the powers that be would go for it, Coventry have a similar argument in the Midlands and the 3 big Yorkshire grounds at the minute are a bit under developed. Any ideas?

it would surely be a great brittish world cup (ala south korea and japan) so it would be:

Wembley

N.Irelands home

Millenium stadium

Scotlands home

One of the two glasgow clubs (rangers have the better ground dont they)

Villa Park

Old trafford

Liverpools new ground or anfield

SJP

Arsenals ground

Tottenhams ground

Southampton

Manchester city

and then 3 of

Celtic, Sunderland, Leicster, Blackburn, Derby, Birmingham, Pompey, Norwich (one for suffork maybe).

the main problem would be the 4 byes that would be needed for Wales, Scotland, England and N.I.

I still think Fred will try and use it to the clubs advantage, and I bet he will try to get the Governemnt to pay at least half of the cost.

If we are going to extend the ground then doing it this way would be a great option.

If the Government pay half of the money to extend the Stadium i think that would be good business for the club O0

No need for a British World Cup when England is more than capable of holding it by itself.

FIFA rules dictate that only one city can have two host stadia, and no other city can have more than one.

London - Wembley + Emirates

Newcastle - SJP

Sunderland - SOS

Middlesborugh - Riverside

Sheffield - Hillsborough

Manchester - Old Trafford/City of Manch.

Liverpool - New Anfield/old Anfield

Birmingham - Villa Park

Derby - Pride Park

Leicester - Walkers

MK - New stadium (dunno name)

Southampton - St Marys

Coventry - Ricoh

Ipswich - Portman Rd.

Most these grounds can be easily extended n all as they are 'new' grounds. If needed could use Twickers n all.

Guest optimistic nit

aye i thought having 3 stadiums in one city would be a bit harsh on the rest lyke.

but imo makes no sense using some of the stadiums on that list when the scots, welsh and irish all have better ones.

i'd have nee problem with the govenment expanding the stadia either as long as some of the other money generated goes to the clubs who were not as fortunate to have an extension paid for them.

it'd have to be:

London: Emerates and Wembley

Newcastle: SJP

Glasgow: Rangers stadium

Edinborough: Scotland stadium

Cardiff: Millenium stadium

Southampton: southampton stadium

Manchester: Old trafford (cant have citeh of man but not old trafford, maybe at a push manchester could have two and london one)

Liverpool: Anfield

Ipswich: Portman road

Leicster: Walkers

NIR: their international stadium

Birmingham: villa park

Derby: Pride park

and 3 more.

What year is the bid for? Isn't is World Cup 2018 we're talking about?

In that case... the Olympic Stadium will be available won't it. The huge thing that's being built for 2012?

1. Wembley

2. Olympic Stadium

3. Old Trafford

4. Emirates Stadium

5. New Anfield

6. St James' Park

7. Stamford Bridge

8. Stadium of Light

9. St Mary's Stadium

10. White Hart Lane

11. Villa Park

12. Pride Park

They could even stretch to use the Milennium Stadium aswell, but that's doubtful.

In that case... the Olympic Stadium will be available won't it. The huge thing that's being built for 2012?

It's not going to be used as a Premier League standard football ground, even if you picked it as one of the London grounds.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/6320267.stm

The London 2012 Olympic Board has confirmed the stadium's 80,000 capacity for the Games will be be reduced to just 25,000 afterwards.

Athletics will occupy the stadium, whose reduced capacity is 10,000 less than the Hammers current home.

Very hard to say 11 years in advance. In 1996 who would have known SJP would be massive, Arsenal a new ground etc.

likelihood is though, if we have a few decent grounds now, we won't need to waste so much money to build rest upto spec. Other bidders likely to be Holland/Belgium, Mexico and the Aussies. Us v Oz i reckon. Be horrendous if it were in Oz like. Matches going on at 4 in the morning.

Waste of money, only if the goverment footed the bill should it even be thought of

And who's money do you think that is?

Newcastle are bankrolled by the government now?  Must have missed that one.