The Tinkerman takes over at Parma

Skirge

I liked Ranieri and thought he did a good job at Chelski, amazed he has been out of a job for so long.

Former Chelsea chief Claudio Ranieri has secured a return to management with Parma.

The Gialloblu have had a torrid time in Serie A this term and the 3-0 defeat by Roma at the weekend leaves them firmly in relegation trouble.

And the loss in the Eternal City proved to be the final straw for new owner Tommaso Ghirardi who took the decision to axe Stefano Pioli on Monday.

Ghirardi has acted swiftly to bring in a successor by moving for Ranieri.

The 55-year-old has been away from Italian football for a decade, having enjoyed spells with Chelsea and Valencia, and his first game will be a Uefa Cup encounter with Sporting Braga.

His main task will be to stave off the threat of relegation, but the challenge will be tough as Parma have accrued just 15 points from 22 games.

Ranieri, who numbers Cagliari, Napoli and Fiorentina among his former clubs in Italy, has been away from management since leaving Valencia in 2005.

He said recently that he fancied another crack at management in England, but the lure of reviving Parma's fortunes has tempted him back to his native land.

I think he will do, he is a very clever manager, I know not everyone rates him and his manic changes durring matches but rather a manager that reacts to what is happening on the pitch than a manager like Sven who does fk all.

The tinkermans first words at his new club.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Claudio Ranieri had to apologise after comments in his Parma presentation Press conference were considered offensive.

The Coach was appointed following Stefano Pioli’s dismissal last night and tried to push the players out of their torpor.

“I will take no prisoners, leave nobody injured, you’re either with me or you die,” said Ranieri just days after Italian football ground to a halt after the death of Chief Inspector Filippo Raciti in the Catania riots. Laugh

When these statements caused controversy, the tactician issued a swift apology.

“It was a metaphor used in the language of international football and referred to the arduous task ahead of Parma,” he assured.

Without the excuse of his English causing confusion, Ranieri’s famously energetic use of language is still in place at this new job at the Stadio Tardini.

“From now on, starting from myself and including all the players, we must think only about Parma 24 hours a day."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mental. :lol: