Guns

Dave

Another massacre in America overnight, heard it on the radio this morning.

Some fucking spaz shot a load of people in a shopping centre with a shotgun for no reason. How the fuck can anyone justify the legal owning of lethal weapons like that?

Lots of people moan about Britain but the lack of guns is a major plus.

Aye, just seen this on the news earlier, tbh, it didn't surprise me nor shock me. If America are stupid enough to give guns away to people, then they should except a few nutters will shoot up some people. It'll be hard for them to ever fully tighten up regulations on selling guns and cutting down on gun crime. There's just that many guns in circulation over there now.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1251327,00.html

the gunman was killed by an off-duty police officer

Which turns this around 180 degrees into a (perceived) massive victory for the NRA and other pro-gun lobbies - A legally owned gun in the hands of an upstanding armed citizen used to kill a dangerous criminal.  The argument being that if guns were illegal only criminals would have them and this guy would have been unable to stop him.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1251327,00.html

the gunman was killed by an off-duty police officer

Which turns this around 180 degrees into a (perceived) massive victory for the NRA and other pro-gun lobbies - A legally owned gun in the hands of an upstanding armed citizen used to kill a dangerous criminal.  The argument being that if guns were illegal only criminals would have them and this guy would have been unable to stop him.

Which in a way is very true, on the other hand I doubt if guns were illegal, that the gunman would have found the black market to purchase a fucking shotgun, instead he'd have an Ak-47 and pretty much fail to hit anything.

Guest Knightrider

America's problems aren't with gun control issues, but with violence. Canada doesn't have the problems the US do with guns... go figure as the Yanks would say.

Fair enough point like.  I think there comes a point where you start thinking, "er, this nation is full of mongos trying to kill each other, I think it would be wise to NOT allow them to have guns", but hey, the NRA's membership really need their guns.  Life just wouldn't be the same without them.  :rolleyes:

Fair enough point like.  I think there comes a point where you start thinking, "er, this nation is full of mongos trying to kill each other, I think it would be wise to NOT allow them to have guns", but hey, the NRA's membership really need their guns.  Life just wouldn't be the same without them.  :rolleyes:

A lot of powerful groups believe (or profess to believe) that if they gave up their weapons a tyranical government would sweep in and opress them before you could blink.  There's a fair amount of survivalist nutters preparing for another civil war as well, like the BNP mongo with the explosives, arms and food stash who's on trail over here at the moment.

Guest Knightrider

A lot of powerful groups believe (or profess to believe) that if they gave up their weapons a tyranical government would sweep in and opress them before you could blink.  There's a fair amount of survivalist nutters preparing for another civil war as well, like the BNP mongo with the explosives, arms and food stash who's on trail over here at the moment.

That's what I mean, they are nuts, guns or no guns.

America's problems aren't with gun control issues, but with violence. Canada doesn't have the problems the US do with guns... go figure as the Yanks would say.

....yeah but most of Canada is wilderness and the rest is dopey French speaking twats.. :cheesy:

Don't kill people.... rappers do. ;)

Being beaten to the punch by GM. That is a low. ^-^

Dave. There will be a time when you actually have to meet me. I am noting this derision for future reference. You have been warned. :lol:

Don't kill people.... rappers do. ;)

Being beaten to the punch by GM. That is a low. ^-^

Dave. There will be a time when you actually have to meet me. I am noting this derision for future reference. You have been warned. :lol:

:lol:

There was a point at the weekend when Dave was up for the match where I actually realised I was physically lowering my neck to speak to him, rather that just my eyes. He's going to need a fucking stepladder.

I think it's a bit self-deluding to pretend the UK doesn't have a problem with guns, tbh.

The threat is miniscule compared to America, man.

Unless you live in South London.

Agree with GM. That's not as true as it was, Dave, sure deaths may be miniscule, but there's a shooting in Britain every day (so they say) now. I hear about them regularly in Glasgow, and Nottingham is a lot worse than London. Gun capital of Britain, as the news say. 

On the other hand, taking into account the sheer size of their country to ours, I'd be willing to bet the ratio is VERY similar.

I think it's a bit self-deluding to pretend the UK doesn't have a problem with guns, tbh.

Agree with GM.  That's not as true as it was, Dave, sure deaths may be miniscule, but there's a shooting in Britain every day (so they say) now.  I hear about them regularly in Glasgow, and Nottingham is a lot worse than London.  Gun capital of Britain, as the news say. 

On the other hand, taking into account the sheer size of their country to ours, I'd be willing to bet the ratio is VERY similar.

Nottingham's not as bad as it was tbh. Here at uni, and there's not been much since the high-profile WPC got shot about a year ago (less than half a mile from my house!). Pretty sure I read it had fallen behind 2-3 cities at least, Manchester and Liverpool ring a bell but I might be wrong.

Agree with GM.  That's not as true as it was, Dave, sure deaths may be miniscule, but there's a shooting in Britain every day (so they say) now.  I hear about them regularly in Glasgow, and Nottingham is a lot worse than London.  Gun capital of Britain, as the news say. 

Nottingham's not as bad as it was tbh. Here at uni, and there's not been much since the high-profile WPC got shot about a year ago (less than half a mile from my house!). Pretty sure I read it had fallen behind 2-3 cities at least, Manchester and Liverpool ring a bell but I might be wrong.

it was only two housing estates in Nottingham - and The Meadows is only a short walk from West Bridgford where the locals are up in arms about a new M&S as" it  will bring the tone down" - and God forfend that TRAMS might run there

Well a gun is a weapon and can be used offensively or defensively. It's not intrinscly bad.

Guns don't kill people, rappers do...

guns don't kill people, it's the little bullets...

Pistol whipping tbh.

50 people killed in gun crimes last year in the UK. Was on Sky News whilst i was at the gym. I knew that nugget of infor would come in handy.