Hugo Viana

Munkey

Ronaldo Tells Team-Mates He Wants To Leave ManYoo

Former Newcastle winger Hugo Viana has made his first notable impression on English football by announcing that his good mate Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave ManYoo this summer for Spain. And as he says, "Everyone knows if teams like Barca and Real Madrid want a player, they end up signing him."

taken from Footy365. http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_1915592,00.html

gave me a laugh first thing this morning.

probably becuase i haven't had enough coffee yet.  :undecided:

Everyone needs a talented mate to leach unto, just to make themselves feel a bit more special.

Its ok my career has gone wrong, my best buddy is the best player in the world, im part of his career.

yes definitely he turned out to be one of the biggest wastes of money we have wasted!

he always had potential but he just looked as if he couldnt be bothered when he played for us

Guest mishka17

at least he scored few for us... i liked him. allways thought that he could be our long-term 1st team player.. but-shit happends :)

Everyone needs a talented mate to leach unto, just to make themselves feel a bit more special.

Its ok my career has gone wrong, my best buddy is the best player in the world, im part of his career.

yes definitely he turned out to be one of the biggest wastes of money we have wasted!

bit of both tbh. It was the managers who wasted him by playing him as an out and out winger when he quite clearly wasn't

• 3 years later...

Has done well to resurrect his career after it nose-diving quite severely after joining us. Was getting rave reviews for his performances last year at Braga - yeah they may have been awful last night but they were missing a few key players. Good luck to the lad.

Has done well to resurrect his career after it nose-diving quite severely after joining us. Was getting rave reviews for his performances last year at Braga - yeah they may have been awful last night but they were missing a few key players. Good luck to the lad.

Aye. I have nothing against him, a decent player who was never going to be suited to playing in English football.

Plus he scored in that game v Feyenoord.

Guest neesy111

Aye. I have nothing against him, a decent player who was never going to be suited to playing in English football.

One game ruined his career at NUFC.  Apart from that game I never had a problem with the guy.  One of the best players i've seen at Newcastle for long-range passing.

One game ruined his career at NUFC.  Apart from that game I never had a problem with the guy.  One of the best players i've seen at Newcastle for long-range passing.

No it didn't.

He wasn't up to coping with the pace/physicality of the English game, added to the fact he didn't have a regular starting positon, either wide left or central. In retrospect he probably wishes he stayed at Sporting for another year or two before moving to the big leagues.

His performance in Marseilles was one of the most lily livered showings by a NUFC player. Unbelievable lack of interest/ passion considering what was at stake. He criminally pulled out of the tackle for one of Drogba's goals and you could say his career never recovered from that moment.

Guest neesy111

His performance in Marseilles was one of the most lily livered showings by a NUFC player. Unbelievable lack of interest/ passion considering what was at stake. He criminally pulled out of the tackle for one of Drogba's goals and you could say his career never recovered from that moment.

Could say the way the fan's vented their frustration at him in the Wolves (h) game is what really knocked him.

Guest neesy111

No it didn't.

He wasn't up to coping with the pace/physicality of the English game, added to the fact he didn't have a regular starting positon, either wide left or central. In retrospect he probably wishes he stayed at Sporting for another year or two before moving to the big leagues.

:harry:

I think Robson bought him without ever really considering where he was going to play. He came with a good reputation and was always going to be disillusioned playing out wide or not at all. After two years he looked like he'd given up and his performance in the semi final reflected that. I'd like to know what Robsons plans for him were or whether on signing him he quickly realised that Robert and Dyer were simply better players.

I think Robson bought him without ever really considering where he was going to play. He came with a good reputation and was always going to be disillusioned playing out wide or not at all. After two years he looked like he'd given up and his performance in the semi final reflected that. I'd like to know what Robsons plans for him were or whether on signing him he quickly realised that Robert and Dyer were simply better players.

Agree with that. Unless he was planning to play 4-5-1 away or something?

Robson bought him as a replacement for Gary Speed.  :lol:

Those were SBR's words. You couldn't get more different.