St James' Park

Delima

While I don't disagree its brushing over the fundamental point that ultimately neither the council nor the club own the land. They have very limited say in what the developer wants to do with it. The only thing that changes the situation is if the club or the owners themselves buy back the land.

Edited by ponsaelius

4 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Does this not now allow the club to buy the land back?

I think Greg is hinting that the club are now directly aware of the land at the Strawberry place and been advised that if they wish to expand SJP then they should look to acquiring the land, or at the least come up with a plan with the developer that allows for an expanded SJP.

7 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I think Greg is hinting that the club are now directly aware of the land at the Strawberry place and been advised that if they wish to expand SJP then they should look to acquiring the land, or at the least come up with a plan with the developer that allows for an expanded SJP.

Looking at some of the plans, you could extend the gallowgate and also maybe have a hotel/apartments attached.

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

While I don't disagree its brushing over the fundamental point that ultimately neither the council nor the club own the land. They have very limited say in what the developer wants to do with it. The only thing that changes the situation is if the club or the owners themselves buy back the land.

Luckily they’ve got absolutely loads of money. 

Strawberry Place should become part of the supporters park that will be where SJP currently stands, after we move into a new world class ground up on Leazes Park. 

Coming up out of the Metro into a park instead of a bunch of concrete will be awesome. 

Edited by cubaricho

13 hours ago, Greg said:

It will all be sorted. 

Wonder if you could help push the safe standing/singing section to club? Long over due and need to get that roar back.

Also great work btw

Edited by NUFC91

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Shag my arse 

:lol:

Fucks sake.

Get in man, what a day.

Time to log into work as I'd only took the morning off to get tickets, concentrating is going to be hard this afternoon!

Edited by Wilson

Excellent news. My preferred outcome is an extended Gallowgate.

The kidology of the developers, though. :lol: Fannying around trying to keep their planning consent active for months, even amending the scheme as if it was all for real.

Edited by ponsaelius

On 31/01/2023 at 16:52, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

I'd fucking love it if out of the blue the club announced that they had bought it back.  Even if they said they did that not because of immediate plans but just to keep the options open.  As good as a signing :)

Hopefully the lack of funding will put them in a better position to do that.

:lol: