St James' Park

Delima

1 minute ago, Wallsendmag said:

We were sat 4 rows from the back of L7 for the Southampton match last week and I hated it. Far too high up and far away from the action. Almost felt like I wasn't even there. If that same seat I had on Tuesday was offered for me to buy as a season ticket I'd knock it back and take my chances match by match.

Building any higher should be out of the question.

L7 Leazes or Milburn? Don't like Leazes L7 but currently sit in Milburn L7 and wouldn't swap.

1 minute ago, Decky said:

One thing is for sure with our owners is that they will have the best in the business trying to answer the East Stand question. Can’t wait to see the finished SJP in a few years. 

It's possible a small Gallowgate expansion is all that's possible / deemed warranted. But it's definitely also in play that something radical and incredible is unveiled at some point, which is exciting.

2 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

We were sat 4 rows from the back of L7 for the Southampton match last week and I hated it. Far too high up and far away from the action. Almost felt like I wasn't even there. If that same seat I had on Tuesday was offered for me to buy as a season ticket I'd knock it back and take my chances match by match.

Building any higher should be out of the question.

Was in the back row of the lower bowl for the 1999 final, okay its an old stadium with a roof over me but it felt just the same there. Couldn't see more than half the stadium, just a pitch.

Barcelona was of course a treat for us, but for home fans in that tier regularly it would be very weird compared to what we were used to. Was very removed

5 minutes ago, madras said:

L7 Leazes or Milburn? Don't like Leazes L7 but currently sit in Milburn L7 and wouldn't swap.

Milburn. Block B. It was so bad we abandoned our seats when Bruno got sent off as we knew the gates would be open and watched the remainder of the match from the Gallowgate.

3 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Was in the back row of the lower bowl for the 1999 final, okay its an old stadium with a roof over me but it felt just the same there. Couldn't see more than half the stadium, just a pitch.

Barcelona was of course a treat for us, but for home fans in that tier regularly it would be very weird compared to what we were used to. Was very removed

I was at Barcelona when they beat us 3-1 and again, thought it was too high up and too far away. You just feel detached from it all I think.

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Aye, I like Milburn L7. A lot of different sections have their benefits and up there it's great for seeing how we're set up tactically and it almost feels like you're watching the entire stadium. 

Are you near the back row though? Being at the back of it is a very different experience to being in the front rows.

27 minutes ago, madras said:

Me and the bairn use our memberships to sit L7 EF or G row y and although some detest it. We both have sat all over and wouldn’t go back to anywhere but here. 

Plus I can vape. Also if the bellend in front stands all match then my lad stands on the seat. No one behind him so he misses nowt. 

30 minutes ago, Decky said:

One thing is for sure with our owners is that they will have the best in the business trying to answer the East Stand question. Can’t wait to see the finished SJP in a few years. 

Yep. That's very assuaging. Just about the only takeover that could have happened that gives us a chance of finding a solution.

You just cant get vexxed.

4 hours ago, Shak said:

Have always felt that away fans should be directly behind the goal at one end of the pitch at all grounds.

Be so much better for atmosphere in the sport in general.

They are supposed to be, but Newcastle got a special exemption because they couldn’t come up with a way to keep the fans apart.

1 hour ago, christ said:

There’s no way we get 67k on enough of a regular basis to justify that. There’s a balance between maximising gate receipts and availability of tickets. An extended Gallowgate taking us to 60k is the sweet spot.

Remember we’re in the honeymoon phase. Every expectation we have is being bested. We’re all in love with the club again. Life is sweet. Once this becomes the norm I don’t see us being able to pack another 15,000 into SJP every other week, let alone for cup and European fixtures.

edd03c1979602d3b879317dcbda2fbb5.jpg

2 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

Me and the bairn use our memberships to sit L7 EF or G row y and although some detest it. We both have sat all over and wouldn’t go back to anywhere but here. 

Plus I can vape. Also if the bellend in front stands all match then my lad stands on the seat. No one behind him so he misses nowt. 

I used to be lower middle tier behind tge gallowgate goal (perfect for Shearer V Everton) but wouldn't swap my current L7 seat for it. In the Gallowgate you lose perspective as things get towards the Leazes, where I am I can see everything open up and play out asked Icarus has alluded and its surprising how much different and further away it feels in Leazes L7 

tbf most away fans at SJP back in the day (80s-92) couldn't fill behind the goal, so they were stuck in either Leazes corner.

Would have been a half empty terrace in the middle with segregation either side then our fans in either corner.

Edited by Wolfcastle

27 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Are you near the back row though? Being at the back of it is a very different experience to being in the front rows.

It was just a one off, I was back row about halfway towards the Gallowgate.

It was a novelty and I enjoyed it, but probably agree I wouldn't want to be there all the time.

Amazing news. 

I felt that as soon as Ghodoussi made the strong comment about not wanting to move away from SJP and it being the cathedral, that they must have got some indication they could see a long term future there.

Otherwise, you'd expect him to be much more coy on the issue, surely?

7 minutes ago, madras said:

Maybe tieing into this but was there any confirmation that the club had bought the Barker and Stonehouse site on Leazes Park Rd/Strawberry Place ?

I heard that was the case but couldn't confirm. It would make sense - even as temporary location for a club shop while work was underway.

2 hours ago, Jonas said:

Wow, because it was a similar day, spring creeping in, to today I can almost taste that.

Was like a religious experience when he just came back (and I never knew him as a player) but that game was something else.

Wish I could watch the video/ext highlights now.

Highlights are on YouTube.