St James' Park

Delima

4 minutes ago, Nobody said:

We'll be getting paid by the new sponsors though

Was never the main problem for me personally. Ashley could have paid the going rate and I'd have still been dead against how tacky it all looked and how it pretty much ruined SJP.

Edited by kisearch

4 minutes ago, kisearch said:

If they're all just replaced with one other company the point has been completely missed like. :lol:

One represents the club being driven in to the ground as a low rent sponsorship vehicle, the other new beginnings of wanting to be competitive again. 

1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

There's a level of branding that's tolerable, though. Have the new sponsor all the way round the East Stand and Gallowgate by all means, just don't slap it on the roof and what have you. That's what was really ridiculous about SD - it had to go on every available space.

SD branding is totally hideous too and a real eyesore. 

6 minutes ago, Dokko said:

One represents the club being driven in to the ground as a low rent sponsorship vehicle, the other new beginnings of wanting to be competitive again. 

It depends on what your main issue with it was I guess. This takeover has definitely shown me that what I thought were the main gripes issues with what Ashley had done to our club and its history and heritage weren't as universally shared as I thought. The fact Ashley didn't pay for his tat emporium sponsorship was purely a side issue for me and until recently I thought most people felt that way too tbh.

Edited by kisearch

Get in! Removing fat bad business man’s signs and salivating at the prospect of replacing them with a murderous regime’s signs instead! We’ve got our club back 🇸🇦🇸🇦🇸🇦

Just now, kisearch said:

It depends on what your main issue with it was I guess. This takeover has definitely shown me that what I thought were the main gripes issues with what Ashley had done to our club and its history weren't as universally shared as I thought. The fact Ashley didn't pay for his tat emporium sponsorship was purely a side issue for me and until recently I thought most people felt that way too tbh.

Most just want us to be competitive and have a go, surely? "Don't demand a team that wins," etc.? Was anyone really expecting the Saudis to be benevolent overloads?

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

Most just want us to be competitive and have a go, surely? "Don't demand a team that wins," etc.? Was anyone really expecting the Saudis to be benevolent overloads?

Possibly an extreme example, but if the big SD signs in the Leazes, Gallowgate, and either side of Newcastle United are just replaced with Visit Saudi (just for example) that's going to be sound with everyone because it'll be paid for?

That's hugely eyeopening for me tbh, I always thought the fact Ashley didn't pay for it was a secondary issue to the fact it made SJP look cheap and shit. 

Edited by kisearch