St James' Park

Delima

2 minutes ago, GWN said:

lve a personal reason which I won’t discuss on here , I can say he’s an arrogant prick at times in private. 

All human mate. When I met him he was sound, signed my shirt I had for him, and even encouraged me to take a picture as I was shitting bricks. 

As for the signage. It's lovely to see it removed. 

2 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Bloke could have signed for any team in the world but wanted to come home. Scored 206 goals and saved us from the shit countless of times.

If he’s getting grief then no one is safe.

He come because he thought NUFC would win more trophies than MUFC. The decision was completely devoid of sentiment. I can bet you any money that if he could go back in time, knowing what the future held by signing for us, then he would sign for Man Utd. Rightly so too, as time has shown that he made the wrong decision. 

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'd be arrogant as fuck if I was the greatest striker in Premier League history and a multi-millionaire, like. Hope he's shagged GWN's wife.

My wife is suffering from a terrible cancer , there’s absolutely no fucking need to post this , joking or not , you know nothing about the meaning of m6 post yet you had to say that ? 

2 hours ago, Collage said:

Yep. Hard to understand the posts above. ”He’s not Kevin Keegan”. That’s right, he’s not. He’s Alan Shearer from Gosforth who could have played for Man U or Juve and win it all but instead chose to play for Newcastle for 10 years winning fuck all because he loves the club. I mean, come on.

Sorry, but you are very naive to believe he chose to shun trophies to come back home. Keegan convinced him that NUFC would be more successful than Man U going forward. No wonder he was so pissed off with KK for jumping ship. I would have been too.

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

If KK and Shearer don’t want to work for the club officially in any (paid or otherwise) capacity, I’d still give them honoury titles. KK the player, the manager, the man, is the single most important part of NUFC’s long glorious history and Shearer, our record goalscorer is our greatest ever player IMO. I’d love the club to do an Entertainers style XI vs whoever exhibition friendly match held at SJP every close season too, to raise funds for the Food Bank and or the Sir Bobby Foundation. KK as manager of course!

Comparing KK and AS in terms of NUFC legendary status is completely nuts. The two men are literally worlds apart.

Just now, Wandy said:

Sorry, but you are very naive to believe he chose to shun trophies to come back home. Keegan convinced him that NUFC would be more successful than Man U going forward. No wonder he was so pissed off with KK for jumping ship. I would have been too.

He stayed for 10 years. You don’t think he had opportunities to leave for clubs where he could win trophies?

6 minutes ago, number37 said:

Do you reckon they can just put the Sports Direct signs back up if taking them down has done this to us? 

Me and the boss are cool, all sorted :rose: back on topic 

Edited by GWN

13 minutes ago, Collage said:

He stayed for 10 years. You don’t think he had opportunities to leave for clubs where he could win trophies?

When he wrecked his ankle in the pre-season of 1997 he instantly became a lesser player. This put him between a rock and a hard place. Also, we were still an ambitious club, looking to win trophies but Ruud Gullit nearly ruined his career. Then in comes SBR and turns us into a Champs League team. Why would he want to leave NUFC in that time? By the way, its common knowledge that SBR seriously considered selling him.

6 minutes ago, Wandy said:

When he wrecked his ankle in the pre-season of 1997 he instantly became a lesser player. This put him between a rock and a hard place. Also, we were still an ambitious club, looking to win trophies but Ruud Gullit nearly ruined his career. Then in comes SBR and turns us into a Champs League team. Why would he want to leave NUFC in that time? By the way, its common knowledge that SBR seriously considered selling him.

He turned down Barca when Sir Bobby was there. Juve wanted him later, not sure an offer was on the table though. Oh and he turned down Man U twice

3 minutes ago, Collage said:

He turned down Barca when Sir Bobby was there. Juve wanted him later, not sure an offer was on the table though. Oh and he turned down Man U twice

First I've heard of the Barca thing. As I say though, NUFC were a Champions League side under SBR that were not far off being a title winning team. Turning down Man U was a mistake that he no doubt regrets.

I've nothing against Shearer the player. But I just dont buy into his devotion as a NUFC fan. He's also an incredibly mediocre pundit. And dont get me started on his defence of The Cabbage.

But the guy was an incredible player and, yes, one of our all-time greats.

I’d personally love to see Shearer involved with the club again. Club legend, loved by most fans and looked up to by a lot of players. We have a statue of the man outside of the stadium, it’s madness to not have him around the club even just as an ambassador or something low key. 

Edited by Decky