St James' Park

Delima

Like most people who have responded to this thread St James's means everything to me.  As I walk up the stairs with the crowd towards my entrance I can feel the excitement growing and even though I have been going to the match for more years than I care to mention I still get a huge rush as I see the pitch for the first time.  The hairs on my neck stand up!!

These days the P.A. is normally blasting out Thunderstruck as I enter the ground but, when the Fortuna tune starts and the players come out the adrenaline really starts to flow and once the Local Hero theme comes on the emotion is at it's peak!!!!!!

When the crowd is really on song and we are playing well the atmosphere becomes electric, can you imagine being on the pitch as a player while all this is going on?

St James's Park is without doubt the best stadium in the UK, has the best location and the best fans!  Just need a team to really make the place complete.  The Keegan days were the ones for me.  Andy Cole scoring for fun and winning all the time.  Good times indeed..............

Guest Knightrider

Isn't SJP used for a SKY advert thing? when they people our entering the stadium near the pitch,i think its on before SSN usually.

I thought that last night watching it, sure it is, looks like it anyway, from the Gallowgate looking towards the Leazes with the Milburn in view too?

Anyway back to SJP, it really does have everything as a stadium: History, location, looks, facilities and on its day, an unbeatable atmosphere. If the Gallowgate and East End were built up to L7 and some 80,000 Geordies were in waving our scarves ala Shearer's testimonial... wow, I don't think there would be a better stadium in the world or a better place to be. One day, you never know...

Isn't SJP used for a SKY advert thing? when they people our entering the stadium near the pitch,i think its on before SSN usually.

I thought that last night watching it, sure it is, looks like it anyway, from the Gallowgate looking towards the Leazes with the Milburn in view too?

Anyway back to SJP, it really does have everything as a stadium: History, location, looks, facilities and on its day, an unbeatable atmosphere. If the Gallowgate and East End were built up to L7 and some 80,000 Geordies were in waving our scarves ala Shearer's testimonial... wow, I don't think there would be a better stadium in the world or a better place to be. One day, you never know...

it's the ford advert before SSN comes back on after the adverts, you can hear them signing TOON TOON and the little lad has got a newcastle hat on

Which is Football's greatest stadium?  After reading this thread, I was checking my country's national news site and

stumbled across this article:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/molinaro/2007/02/which_is_soccers_best_stadium.html

It's an decent read, and I'm sure some of you will find issue with what he's written, but that's life.  I've been to SJP

twice with relatives and out of the couple Football Park's I've been to, it's clearly the best.  Amsterdam Arena was

also quite the spectacle and deserves praise. 

Anyhoo, just wondering which, without bias, do you honestly think is the best? 

I reckon with that geet manka extension done, if it ever happens, we'd be looking at between 75 and 80 thousand seats. Basing it on the previous expansion's increase and all that, not just off the top of my head. If we ever really "crack it" then surely they'll extend the Gallowgate, at least, as surely the road could simply be incorperated under the stand? Much like it is on the Milburn?

It looks mint even with the 3 sides done, reminds me of Parkhead.

Sounds dramatic, but I do hope I'm still around to see another expansion of the ground.

I think they messed up the gradient with the new stand. I feel it should of went back more than up, too steep imo, but apart from that, fantastic sports venue.

I hope we get some funding from the 1018 WC to finish off the ground, it may even get those shitty buildings knocked down finally. Why they are listed is beyond me.  :idiot2:

SJP should take priority over a few crummy flats, its the most important building in the City, the most famous, and should be allowed and encouraged to grow, not stifled by a shitty rule no one actually agrees with.

I think they messed up the gradient with the new stand. I feel it should of went back more than up, too steep imo, but apart from that, fantastic sports venue.

I hope we get some funding from the 1018 WC to finish off the ground, it may even get those shitty buildings knocked down finally. Why they are listed is beyond me.  :idiot2:

SJP should take priority over a few crummy flats, its the most important building in the City, the most famous, and should be allowed and encouraged to grow, not stifled by a shitty rule no one actually agrees with.

I'd rather keep the listed building than demolish it for a load of seats we are no position to fill at present. 52,000 is more than big enough for the foreseeable future anyway.

I think SJP would look best with the 3 sides. I've seen the four-sided mock-up and it looks really clunky.

Aye the horseshoe effect looks the best, and is actually planning permission viable.

Could put some kind of poncy architectual arch in between or something.

I think SJP would look best with the 3 sides. I've seen the four-sided mock-up and it looks really clunky.

Aye the horseshoe effect looks the best, and is actually planning permission viable.

Or have it spanned by a huge statue of Shearer, legs akimbo.

A Colossus, I like it :lol:

A Colossus, I like it :lol:

All players would forever be in his shadow. ;)