St James' Park

Delima

3 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Not in my book they aren't. An icon is someone who excelled in their field over an extended period of time. So Shearer qualfies for that with ease. Nolan is just an average player who had one great day playing for NUFC.

And what an iconic day/moment that was.

Edited by HTT II

Just now, Wandy said:

Its not a criticism mate. I'm merely pointing out that you had to really be there pre-1992 to know the difference that KK made to NUFC. He's on another planet compared to Shearer. And, to be fair, Shearer would probably say the same.

Oh I know and I’d didn’t even need to be there, that’s the iconic, I mean ironic thing about this all…

Just now, Wandy said:

Its not a criticism mate. I'm merely pointing out that you had to really be there pre-1992 to know the difference that KK made to NUFC. He's on another planet compared to Shearer. And, to be fair, Shearer would probably say the same.

Lennon and McCartney are musical legends. Do I need to decide which one did more for the Beatles? :lol:

Just now, Shearergol said:

Lennon and McCartney are musical legends. Do I need to decide which one did more for the Beatles? :lol:

Hitler did more for the Beatles, oh, you’re talking about the band, I thought you were talking about an icon of motoring history, some would say a legend of motoring history…

Mods, can you help move this Shearer vs KK, Icon vs Legend discussion somewhere else more appropriate? How on earth a thread on SJP has turned people to bickering about the club's past players and managers? Rrally tiresome reading it here when all some of us wanted was to discuss about our beloved stadium.

6 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Mods, can you help move this Shearer vs KK, Icon vs Legend discussion somewhere else more appropriate? How on earth a thread on SJP has turned people to bickering about the club's past players and managers? Rrally tiresome reading it here when all some of us wanted was to discuss about our beloved stadium.

Legend of an icon for me.

15 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Not worthy of a post…