St James' Park

Delima

It looked like they've sent someone up on the roof of the milburn to jet wash it. It's only half done but you could tell the difference,and it shows what a disgraceful state it's been allowed to get into.

Looks like the SD sign was painted over in 2013, to coincide with the Wonga sponsorship, when they 'changed the name back' to St James' Park...

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/st-james-park-gallowgate-end-3902396

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/gallery/sports-direct-sign-removed-gallowgate-3902623

Edited by TK-421

4 minutes ago, henke said:

It looked like they've sent someone up on the roof of the milburn to jet wash it. It's only half done but you could tell the difference,and it shows what a disgraceful state it's been allowed to get into.

The glass/plastic roof of the leazes end and milburn stand is a disgrace.  its like a fish tank that's filter has stopped working.    So much to do but hope they continue to clean the 14 years of grime away!

18 minutes ago, henke said:

I seem to remember someone saying this happened very recently under Ashley's regime. 

32 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

I seem to remember someone saying this happened very recently under Ashley's regime. 

Ah shite, we have to credit him?

Either way the line between clean and dirty is rediculous. It probably hasn't been cleaned since it went up.

First time back since Rafa's Liverpool game and when I was in the Gallowgate I noticed that everything inside needs updated. Place is an absolute relic.

The only part of the ground that looks vaguely up to date is the exterior of the SW corner. 

Invited to spend the duration of the game in an executive box.

£36k per season, allegedly. 

Having sat all over the ground I already knew mobile phone reception can be patchy in places but was very surprised to find the club "wifi" equally shite. Only a couple, of the 8, managed to connect and that was by standing by the internal waving their arms about ;-)

£36 fookin K