St James' Park

Delima

:lol:

Do you care to explain the reason behind your smily?

Your post amused me. :lol:

Dear Leazes Terrace resident,

As you will undoubtedly know Newcastle United football club is constantly seeking to maximise revenue to fulfil the potential of this great club. It has therefore been agreed, with the permission of the City Council, to extend our East Stand to a similar height of our current magnificent Milburn Stand. This, unfortunately, will have some repercussions for yourself. We at NUFC appreciate your co-operation in this matter and as a result of the club moving the boundary of the new East Stand to within 14cm of your front door, the club has shown it's appreciation of your inconvenience by fitting this new stand with a glass roof so your chimneys can bask in the sunlight all day. Thank you and good day sir.

Yours sincerely

Derek Llambias

Thats not what I meant. The East stand can be extended higher, but not as high as the Milburn stand. The only stands that could mirror each other are the Leazers and Gallowgate..

As you will undoubtedly know Newcastle United football club is constantly seeking to maximise revenue to fulfil the potential of this great club. It has therefore been agreed, with the permission of the City Council, to extend our East Stand to a similar height of our current magnificent Milburn Stand. This, unfortunately, will have some repercussions for yourself. We at NUFC appreciate your co-operation in this matter and as a result of the club moving the boundary of the new East Stand to within 14cm of your front door, the club has shown it's appreciation of your inconvenience by fitting this new stand with a glass roof so your chimneys can bask in the sunlight all day. Thank you and good day sir.

Yours sincerely

Derek Llambias

Thats not what I meant. The East stand can be extended higher, but not as high as the Milburn stand. The only stands that could mirror each other are the Leazers and Gallowgate..

I wasn't being entirely serious...

Yours sincerely

Derek Llambias

there would be ways of adding to the east stand, but the only realistic adition imo would be the gallowgate, and would make a fantastic u shaped arena- we would needd champions league football first i would think.

Wish we'd put black and white seats in like but still the best in the league IMO. Ours, Old Trafford and Anfield. :thup:

Aye, the mackems take the piss out of our "lopsided stadium" but as someone alluded to earlier, it adds character and individuality and i would be worried if  we ever expanded that we would lose that. Wembley, COMS, Emirates, Sol, i cant think of modern stadium that i actually like.

Wish we'd put black and white seats in like but still the best in the league IMO. Ours, Old Trafford and Anfield. :thup:

Aye, the mackems take the piss out of our "lopsided stadium" but as someone alluded to earlier, it adds character and individuality and i would be worried if  we ever expanded that we would lose that. Wembley, COMS, Emirates, Sol, i cant think of modern stadium that i actually like.

New Wembley is supposed to be dire as a football experience like. Most I know have said while it's a nice ground (obviously) its like going to the cinema or something. Give me a ground that is a little rough around the edges with history, individuality & character any day of the week. In retrospect I'm so pleased we never moved to Leazes Park.

It'll be a sad day when Liverpool and Everton leave their respective grounds despite their needs to do so.

The only reason the mackems hate the lopsidedness so much is because we can stick them right up in the gods and for the most part forget about them whereas they've no option but to give us the best seats in the house at their place.

Also, Stifler, Leazers? Really? First time I thought it was a typo but that's at least twice now.

Despite having been to St James' Park more times than I could ever hope to count over the last 20 years, I've never sat in the East Stand. I've stood and sat in the Gallowgate and Milburn, and I've sat in the Leazes, but never been in the East Stand. I think next year I really need to get a ticket there for some cup game or other.

I know the atmosphere there is supposed to be a bit flat but I just feel I have to copmlete the set.

I love the lopsidedness - makes it far far more interesting and striking.

Definitely agree, but then I also remember seeing a photo taken from inside the ground photoshopped to have the Gallowgate symmetrical with the Leazes. East stand remained the same and it looked quite fantastic.

Argh, can't find it right now.

Aha, here we go:

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8229/2h5s1s1.png

Now imagine that, only with the roof on the east stand raised to the same height as the rest of the ground. Providing a wall about 90m in length by 30 to 40m in heights. Ideal for a sportsdirect logo.

Nah. I think it works best like that (i.e. not level at all). It'll lose it's appeal totally if it becomes a full dome. The view across the city is a lush sight.

Nah. I think it works best like that (i.e. not level at all). It'll lose it's appeal totally if it becomes a full dome. The view across the city is a lush sight.

I happen to fully agree, i was just being silly.