St James' Park

Delima

Guest sydneycove

sydneycove not doing his 'we can have a football culture too!!' argument much good here.

Meh I can stand and drink beer whilst at my seat when I go to games you can keep your British football culture ;)

sydneycove not doing his 'we can have a football culture too!!' argument much good here.

Meh I can stand and drink beer whilst at my seat when I go to games you can keep your British football culture ;)

That is about as far as your 'culture' goes, tbh. Well, that an the theft of land/genocide of a people.

Guest icemanblue

I really hope I get to come back in here and laugh when we have signed off on a new front shirt and stadium sponsor.

You're definitely younger than 21 like. CHILDISH

How is that childish. I want to be able to come in here and laugh at the whole situation nobody else just the situation.

You can travel to the opposite side of the world and have a good giggle at us, mate. We'll be there, whether we're sponsored by Sports Direct or not.

That is about as far as your 'culture' goes, tbh. Well, that an the theft of land/genocide of a people.

Erm look at British history and we shouldn't exactly be throwing stones over this one.

There is a massive difference between changing the home ground, city , colours or name of a club and selling stadium sponsor rights which will need to be done by every club in England very soon.

Why does it need to be done?

It is the biggest revenue raiser any club has. Having actually worked in this field before it brings in huge amounts of money.

I was more aiming at the fact that if everyone does this, everyone will spend it on players. Players will earn more money and no-one will be any more competitive than they were before. It just continues the wage-price spiral.

The FFP rules should solve that issue and make sure this doesn't happen.

Hold on. How exactly? FFP doesn't restrict absolute wages, it restricts wages relative to turnover. So absent outside equity, clubs are forced to generate cash through other means.

I can go and watch the Heed, knowing I'm watching a standard of football on par with yours.

sorry does brett emerton play for gateshead.

Guest icemanblue

I can go and watch the Heed, knowing I'm watching a standard of football on par with yours.

Aye, but he's in the reserves.

he's shit.

Guest ToonUltra

My recent post to Newcastle City Council...like it will do much good?

I am writing to express my disgust at the rebranding of one of Newcastle's most prestigous and world renowned landmarks. St. James Park, known globally as the home of Newcastle United Football Club. 120 years of history that sits proudly in the dominating skyline of the City. The name now trashed by someone intent of marketing his own business and bankroll. A petiton which was set up last year was signed by thousands of people arguing against Newcastle Council granting planning permission for Mr Ashley to deface St. James' with signage on the outside of the ground. As this has now happened, I guess the feeling for citzens of Newcastle and the surrounding area, people who actually care, are shelved. Now this? I understand Newcastle Council cannot do anything regarding this, however that area the sround proudly sits on is St. James and always will be. Therefore, i plead, as do many others, that directional signage to this is kept as St. James Park. I dont believe Nexus will agree to change the Metro station to 'Sports Direct' will they? Of course not...they have sense and dignity. Stand up for what is real and dont let this take away our pride and passion. That is all we ask.

Fuck the aussie debate. It's a brilliant country with an incredible sporting heritage and a great attitude towards life. The point remains that these cunts have draped their dripping shit all over our stadium and renamed it. We're getting no remuneration for this at present and as many have pointed out, with the backlash this will create no one will be queuing up to buy the rights off MA

He also said that retail brings in "nothing".  I always thought we did quite well on the merchandiing side of things.

Perhaps we could stimulate retail income by freshening up the club strip. Some primary colours perhaps?

I predict our next away strip will be red and blue stripes.

Guest ToonUltra

Will Nexus allow the renaming of the Metro Station I wonder?

Already said they won't on twitter.

of course they fucking wont, imagine all the money it would cost them! Not that they're sensible enough to just realise that it is actually St. James Park.

out of all the Australian who played in EPL , and you come up with Brett  Emerton to defend for you, simply brilliant  :lol:

Guest andyburn

From the Telegraph....

They should count their blessings: fans of MLS team FC Dallas have to root for the home team at the Pizza Hut Park. The NHL’s Nashville Predators until recently welcomed opponents to their intimidating Gaylord Arena. And what MLS fan could fail to be inspired by a trip to watch the Colorado Rapids at their prestigious Dick’s Sporting Goods Park? Closer to home, pity York City fans, obliged to create a cauldron of support inside Kitkat Crescent (née Bootham Crescent, and thankfully restored to its former glory once sponsors Nestlé moved on in 2010 before they could change it to the Baby Milk Bowl).