St James' Park

Delima

and very imaginary ;)

Nike didn't want our shirts two years ago (or whenever the Puma deal was first signed), why would they want it now? Along with shirt sponsorship and stadium rights? :lol: It just doesn't make any sense.

I'm not saying they will do.

Just thought they wouldn't put a Nike emblem on the shirt when there already would be one.

Guest VaVaVoom

I would love there to be some truth in the Nike rumour but i doubt it.

Didnt dekka say Puma will be making the kits next year?

and very imaginary ;)

Nike didn't want our shirts two years ago (or whenever the Puma deal was first signed), why would they want it now? Along with shirt sponsorship and stadium rights? :lol: It just doesn't make any sense.

2 years ago we had just come back up in the PL. Perhaps they offered or bid on the deal, but Puma had a higher bid.

Also, Mike's Sports Direct has a pretty strong partnership with Nike now as well.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/analysis-and-features/life-with-mike-ashley-6264661.html

2012 Olympics Supremo Seb Coe visited Tyneside on Tuesday as ticket sales for the nine football fixtures to be staged at SJP recommenced.

When asked whether the recent attempt to re-brand the stadium would make any difference to the name it will be known by during the Olympics, Lord Coe commented:

'It is St James' Park for the Olympics and, if I am being honest, as a football fan, it will always be St James' Park for as long as I am watching football.

"'That is an understanding we have. We don't have individual branding in our stadiums and that goes for every Olympic sport.

"They are clean venues and not even our own sponsors are able to brand round the Olympic games, that's what makes them unique. So for one week in July it is St James's Park.'

2012 Olympics Supremo Seb Coe visited Tyneside on Tuesday as ticket sales for the nine football fixtures to be staged at SJP recommenced.

When asked whether the recent attempt to re-brand the stadium would make any difference to the name it will be known by during the Olympics, Lord Coe commented:

'It is St James' Park for the Olympics and, if I am being honest, as a football fan, it will always be St James' Park for as long as I am watching football.

"'That is an understanding we have. We don't have individual branding in our stadiums and that goes for every Olympic sport.

"They are clean venues and not even our own sponsors are able to brand round the Olympic games, that's what makes them unique. So for one week in July it is St James's Park.'

Great man is Seb.  :thup:

Great man is Seb.  :thup:

nope, he's as much a corporate whore as the rest.

I wonder if the whole SDA thing will be swept under the carpet on Saturday now for obvious reasons? :undecided:

I fucking hope so. As annoying as it is, it can wait. Same with any negativity that may come if we don't break Chelsea down and/or start to lose. I've said it all week, some things are bigger than football and this weekend, football comes second.

I wonder if the whole SDA thing will be swept under the carpet on Saturday now for obvious reasons? :undecided:

I fucking hope so. As annoying as it is, it can wait. Same with any negativity that may come if we don't break Chelsea down and/or start to lose. I've said it all week, some things are bigger than football and this weekend, football comes second.

I wouldn't mind a few rounds of "stand up for St James' Park'. I don't think the Speed tragedy means we can't sing that. I don't want an overly negative atmosphere either though, especially since it won't achieve anything.

I f***ing hope so. As annoying as it is, it can wait. Same with any negativity that may come if we don't break Chelsea down and/or start to lose. I've said it all week, some things are bigger than football and this weekend, football comes second.

I wouldn't mind a few rounds of "stand up for St James' Park'. I don't think the Speed tragedy means we can't sing that. I don't want an overly negative atmosphere either though, especially since it won't achieve anything.

:thup:

Guest Geordiesned

I've been to the Theatre Royal tonight to see Sleeping Beauty. They managed to get the line "St James' Park, it will always be St James' Park" into one of the songs. :)