St James' Park

Delima

£9 million. That's how much Ashley sold out our hopes of ever expanding St James. F*cking tw*t.

£9 fucking million? That's a fucking disgrace. It's coppers compared to how much he's worth the fat, odious, lying cretin.

Why not just keep it? £9 million is a fucking drop in the ocean to the fucking leech.

He hates us and will bleed us dry as best he can.

£9 million. That's how much Ashley sold out our hopes of ever expanding St James. F*cking tw*t.

£9 fucking million? That's a fucking disgrace. It's coppers compared to how much he's worth the fat, odious, lying cretin.

Why not just keep it? £9 million is a fucking drop in the ocean to the fucking leech.

He hates us and will bleed us dry as best he can.

True, I don't know why I'm surprised tbh.

Hope his next shits a hedgehog.

World Cup 2030: British and Irish federations to discuss potential bid

A potential British and Irish bid for staging the 2030 World Cup is to be discussed at a meeting on Friday.

The national football associations of England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland will meet in Rome after the annual Uefa congress in the Italian capital.

The meeting is set to include an evaluation of potential venues to put forward if the bid proceeds.

World Cups from 2026 onwards will be contested by 48 teams.

The 2026 event, to be staged in the United States, Canada and Mexico, is set to take place at 16 different venues and the British and Irish associations will only look at grounds with a minimum of 40,000 seats.

There is also a desire to maximise the geographical spread of the tournament - something that could see only two or a maximum of three stadiums in London.

However, Fifa technical specifications for World Cup venues are demanding and the five associations are aware that even updated, modern venues such as Anfield and Old Trafford - and even the new White Hart Lane - would not reach the required standard at present.

That is because grounds need to provide sufficient run-off space for players and adequate areas for photographers.

If this was to happen 15-20 years ago, SJP would have been a definite venue. Now, with new and bigger stadiums popping up around the country, even with our geographical factor,  we might not even be in with a chance.

Hope the dead pigeon would be an attraction that would help sway Fifa's decision to choose us though. Potential money making there for them for fans from all around the world to watch football and a legend up in the sky.

I have spoken to someone from one of the companies involved in the development.

Currently they are unsure if they will going ahead with Ashley’s plans or if they will be forming their own plan.

They are due to talk with Nexus as to regards of what their options are with them. I couldn’t get any specific answers regarding St James’ Park expansion, but they are now aware of it and obviously are not sure what the exact plans for the site are, or at least they arn’t willing to say.

• 1 month later...

a couple of times over the years my kids have had half-time birthday shout outs at SJP. its made their day.

i'm taking them and a couple of their friends down to the leicester game on april 12th.

my older boy is 13 on that day.

leicester have told me its £20 to get a birthday mention (home fan or away - it doesnt matter).

wtf???

• 3 weeks later...