St James' Park

Delima

The hot dogs were ok, the Wrestlers hamburgers should have been sold with a public health advisory warning. The care and attention they were slapped into the bun, the shout of “onions?” and the casual shove of the burger into your hands by the vendor who was wiping his other hand on his white butcher’s coat while throwing the next hamburger into another bun and most of all the smell was all part of the match build up. If there was a smell of hops as well you had it all.

Think I only ever had one hamburger and perhaps two bites at the most before it went into the bin for a pigeon to nab.

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

The hot dogs were ok, the Wrestlers hamburgers should have been sold with a public health advisory warning. The care and attention they were slapped into the bun, the shout of “onions?” and the casual shove of the burger into your hands by the vendor who was wiping his other hand on his white butcher’s coat while throwing the next hamburger into another bun and most of all the smell was all part of the match build up. If there was a smell of hops as well you had it all.

Think I only ever had one hamburger and perhaps two bites at the most before it went into the bin for a pigeon to nab.

Can't beat a nice boiled hamburger

1 hour ago, GWN said:

Cant beat them burgers or hot dogs after 15 pints  we used to scran 2 before getting the metro home .

Happy happy days 

Happy days that you didn't s**t yourself on the way home? Would be an achievement after 2 of them!

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

Happy days that you didn't s**t yourself on the way home? Would be an achievement after 2 of them!

They tasted lush, as did his free onion sarnies 

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

Maybe that's a metaphor for Ashley's Newcastle. Papering over the cracks... then papering over those papers when they crack too! 

Wow, he is finally spending his wallpaper monies. 

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I walked past on Saturday with a friend, the display was coming away from the and was splitting, rather like wallpaper peeling itself off the wall. It looked terrible.  

Yep, walked by it a few weeks ago and it was in a pretty bad way.  There was also a door to Nine Bar which had been boarded up with plywood.  The back of The Gallowgate is the first part of the stadium a lot of people see and it just looked abysmal, particularly with the club shop being vacant at the time.  I know that the decrepit state of SJP has been discussed to death but it's just so sad to see the place in such an awful state.

• 1 month later...