St James' Park

Delima

7 hours ago, gdm said:

The roof finally getting a clean. 

They are just fumigating it, not cleaning it and who are all those fucking people. Surely not stadium tour people? Fucking hell! 

11 hours ago, HTT II said:

They are just fumigating it, not cleaning it and who are all those fucking people. Surely not stadium tour people? Fucking hell! 

They are folk from a company conference .

1 minute ago, GWN said:

just to put our training ground into perspective 

“You go and spend it on the training ground it means there is less to spend on the team."

“Our pitches are very good, our gym is perfectly adequate and functional."

“In my experience, has a player turned round and said I’m not signing for Newcastle United because of your training facilities? No. Did it stop us getting promoted out of the Championship, did it stop us finishing tenth, did it stop us having a good season this season? No."

2 hours ago, Decky said:

The Terrace is going to be tremendous in the Strawberry now. Is it apartments going there? Can't see people being happy with the beer garden being right outside their window like that. 

It is the new Head Office for "Home Group" (Housing Association) . . .  

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/strawberry-place-home-group-headquarters-and-vita-student-accommodation-newcastle-various-u-c.981402/unread

26 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Did I read somewhere that The Strawberry were supportive of the plans, or at least didn’t object to them, or have I made that up?

In the official planning documents they were supportive, but on social media they have been jumping on the backlash bandwagon.

Aside from being next to SJP there is nothing special about the Strawberry. It is a dirty pub that sells generic beers in a building that is virtually identical to every other pub in the U.K.