St James' Park

Delima

It wouldn’t bother me too much if they renamed it with a sponsorship deal that allowed us to spend more money on players because of financial fair play. Obviously I’d rather they never changed it. 

As long as they keep the St. James' Park bit I'm not too bothered about sponsorship. I mean I was 30 odd years ago when the league cup was discussed, but they promised the FA cup would never go the same way.

Can't really do anything other than boycott the companies that choose to sponsor these things. They're generally shit companies anyway. Boycotting Bud and Carling was never really a conscious decision I had to make. Milk was tricky though.

Edited by Happinesstan

7 minutes ago, GWN said:

Feelings on a new stadium lads? 

it’s crossed my mind

I think it'll happen.....and (unfortunately) will be called something like The Aramco Stadium.......really mixed feelings on this as something like an 80,000 stadium would be brill but St James will always be home

32 minutes ago, Mag_in_NZ said:

I think it'll happen.....and (unfortunately) will be called something like The Aramco Stadium.......really mixed feelings on this as something like an 80,000 stadium would be brill but St James will always be home

It must be looked at , it would be weird not having SJP as home but the future surely must be away from it now? 

stadiums like WHL in London are now the model, it’s utterly fantastic and surely now is the time we will do it ? But where would we have it, land is at a premium now and theres nowhere in the city to house it now .

SJP cant be improved, built up, the inevitable move away looms in the coming years .

Edited by GWN

The history of SJP, the memories and all of that were of such importance to us because we had no realistic chance of enjoying anything else.

This is different.

Build me the biggest stadium in the world. I want wine rooms, cheese rooms, falafel rooms and all of that shit. As much income as possible so that we can spend as much as possible. No fans locked outside 

1 hour ago, Decky said:

It wouldn’t bother me too much if they renamed it with a sponsorship deal that allowed us to spend more money on players because of financial fair play. Obviously I’d rather they never changed it. 

Think they will have to change it to massively increase the commercial revenue. This as you say will give us increased opportunities to strengthen the squad and not fall foul of FFP. However, I’m sure they will come out and explain this to the support, unlike Ashley who changed it on a whim (with no financial benefit to the club). 

1 hour ago, GWN said:

Feelings on a new stadium lads? 

it’s crossed my mind

I'd love to stay at St James, but the 52k capacity really has hamstrung us. I'd be open minded to a move if it was in the right sort of area. While it's always been great having a stadium bang in the city centre, it also causes congestion on match days. A dedicated stadium outside of the centre would revive another part of the city and you could build in all the training facilities a modern club requires. 

30 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I'd be gutted if we left SJP. If there was a move could only cope if it was moved just adjacent and still close to cite centre. I think it's central location is a key part of the club and city's identity - not to mention the building/site itself.

Build it with the ‘South Stand’ where the Leazes End is and the rest going north into Leazes Park.

Then build the rest of the campus (including the new training ground) going up onto the Town Moor.

Job done.

Well. We all can dream now right? I feel like when i was 10 years old now when we were at the top with Keegan's Entertainers, dreaming about players ,stadium, kits and the club back then.

Here's what I dream of. We have the richest owners in the world who want to make their mark and show the world what they're capable of. So what better way than to show what they can do with SJP.

1. Help build up and expand Gateshead International and turn it into a 30000 capacity. Can either be permanent or temporary. It has to be up to PL and UEFA standards of course. Eventually, the stadium can be used for other events/clubs/community at the same or reduced capacity. 

2. Once that is complete, we move in temporarily. 

3. Knock down SJP. Hire the best architects, engineers, constructors, lawyers, whatever to rebuild/reposition SJP on the same site. 80,000 capacity minimum if we plan to use it for other events too. A season or a maximum of two away while we're at Gateshead.

4. Once done, we come back. Yes, most likely the stadium might be renamed. That is likely going to happen one day anyways regardless of anything happening to the stadium itself. But atleast it remains in the same place.

5. Gateshead International can still continue to be used for other events and Gateshead and the community will benefit from iy.

Of course, like I said at the top, this is my dream only. But with owners who have all the money in the world, anything is possible.

Plus, I'm sure Amanda and the Reubens know how vital that SJP remains at the center of the city. The heartbeat if you will and they have the backing to ensure it stays there and remains unique.

Look at all the buildings that these Middle Eastern countries are racing to get built to show their dominance and wealth. SJP can become one prime example in the near future for the Saudis.

Edited by nufcjb

9 minutes ago, oldtype said:

Hold on, 52,000 is considered small now?

The new owners haven't even been here 4 days and we've sold out a game which is being televised a week from now. 

1 minute ago, bowlingcrofty said:

I could certainly see us looking to do something like spurs did, knocking down the stadium and building a much better stadium on the same plot of land. 

Might have to play our games at Darlo for a couple of seasons though.

Play at the Stadium of Light man. Help them out while they're in League One while we build our mega ground. They'd be fuming, it'd be class

1 hour ago, nufcjb said:

Well. We all can dream now right? I feel like when i was 10 years old now when we were at the top with Keegan's Entertainers, dreaming about players ,stadium, kits and the club back then.

Here's what I dream of. We have the richest owners in the world who want to make their mark and show the world what they're capable of. So what better way than to show what they can do with SJP.

1. Help build up and expand Gateshead International and turn it into a 30000 capacity. Can either be permanent or temporary. It has to be up to PL and UEFA standards of course. Eventually, the stadium can be used for other events/clubs/community at the same or reduced capacity. 

2. Once that is complete, we move in temporarily. 

3. Knock down SJP. Hire the best architects, engineers, constructors, lawyers, whatever to rebuild/reposition SJP on the same site. 80,000 capacity minimum if we plan to use it for other events too. A season or a maximum of two away while we're at Gateshead.

4. Once done, we come back. Yes, most likely the stadium might be renamed. That is likely going to happen one day anyways regardless of anything happening to the stadium itself. But atleast it remains in the same place.

5. Gateshead International can still continue to be used for other events and Gateshead and the community will benefit from iy.

Of course, like I said at the top, this is my dream only. But with owners who have all the money in the world, anything is possible.

Plus, I'm sure Amanda and the Reubens know how vital that SJP remains at the center of the city. The heartbeat if you will and they have the backing to ensure it stays there and remains unique.

Look at all the buildings that these Middle Eastern countries are racing to get built to show their dominance and wealth. SJP can become one prime example in the near future for the Saudis.

Call me mr cynical if you wish however given the Reuban brothers involvement in the Sheikover I have a strong inclination St James Park as we know it may not exist in 10 years, Their thirst for real estate in Newcastle is unquenchable, the Man City Etihad complex will I think be the model the PIF will be looking at which may imo mean the need to move the stadium to incorporate the training ground & complex all under one roof, I honestly don't think anything is off the table with these boys & the Town Moor (I know its ridiculous to think given the Freeman status) would not be a massive stretch of the imagination to house it.

All of that is obvs conjecture but as I said I honestly don't think any of us understand the capacity & ambition of the PIF & their desire to be "the best club in the word" Fkin goosebumps typing that last bit 

21 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Call me mr cynical if you wish however given the Reuban brothers involvement in the Sheikover I have a strong inclination St James Park as we know it may not exist in 10 years, Their thirst for real estate in Newcastle is unquenchable, the Man City Etihad complex will I think be the model the PIF will be looking at which may imo mean the need to move the stadium to incorporate the training ground & complex all under one roof, I honestly don't think anything is off the table with these boys & the Town Moor (I know its ridiculous to think given the Freeman status) would not be a massive stretch of the imagination to house it.

All of that is obvs conjecture but as I said I honestly don't think any of us understand the capacity & ambition of the PIF & their desire to be "the best club in the word" Fkin goosebumps typing that last bit 

That is what i was imagining. They have all the money and they can help the council make some money of their own with investments that can help the create jobs and etc.

The Town Moor is there with its status but I can imagine our new owners would know that already and would have drawn up plans on where and how they plan to setup the club better.  No doubt that Man City concept is what they'll try replicate.

If only we knew a company that builds stuff in Newcastle ..............

I think we could easily fill 70000 but the logistics of where to build are awkward, town moor, Arena site ?

4 minutes ago, christ said:

Arena site is the obvious pick, especially once that new arena goes up over the river. I don’t think they’ll ever be allowed to build on the Town Moor.

it’s been sold mate I’ve seen the housing plans etc