St James' Park

Delima

1 hour ago, NUFCDoog said:

Wonder how long the Sports Direct shite will still be plastered all over the stadium, wasn’t there some talk last year that as part of the deal the signage would remain?

Even if they could just get it down off the East Stand for now, hate how it ruins the Newcastle United lettering. Probably be there rest of this season I guess

It would be incredible if it’s gone for Spurs and nobody expects it :smitten:

Who owns Leazes Park? Is it a public space so the city owns it? Could we not do one of those things where you build like 3/4ths of a stadium almost around the Leazes End and then when that's ready to roll, knock the old SJP down and finish the stadium. That would be the best possible scenario when it came to having to play somewhere else because we'd spend the least amount of time away from St James' Park.

The one real big positive here is that we have some of the most inventive and creative people available working on this solution. Our stadium could quite possibly be the best stadium on the planet when it's done, and that'll be fucking awesome. And all the noises coming from the new owners already talk a lot about how important the stadium location is so I don't think they'll even entertain moving elsewhere.

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

Who owns Leazes Park?  Is it a public space so the city owns it? Could we not do one of those things where you build like 3/4ths of a stadium almost around the Leazes End and then when that's ready to roll, knock the old SJP down and finish the stadium. That would be the best possible scenario when it came to having to play somewhere else because we'd spend the least amount of time away from St James' Park.

The one real big positive here is that we have some of the most inventive and creative people available working on this solution. Our stadium could quite possibly be the best stadium on the planet when it's done, and that'll be fucking awesome. And all the noises coming from the new owners already talk a lot about how important the stadium location is so I don't think they'll even entertain moving elsewhere.

Our main City Centre Park is the Town Moor. A lot of the Town Moor is simply open fields, but some parts of it have been landscaped (since Victorian times) into traditional parks. Two of those landscaped areas of Town Moor are 'Exhibition Park' and 'Leazes Park'. The Freemen of the City control all of the Town Moor, and are dedicated to keeping it as an open space, including the two mentioned parks. 

http://freemenofnewcastle.org/the-moor/

Edited by manorpark

It's been mentioned before that the stadium could possibly be build around the listed buildings, essentially making no changes to them so not effecting the listed status. Sounds fanciful to me but I'm sure someone here will know better.

If we were to rebuild SJP then a good option around the Leazers Terrace issue would be to dig down.

I was at the new Spurs stadium at the weekend for the NFL and outside is not as high as SJP, but inside it is much bigger because the pitch and some of the stands are below the outside street level.

The difficulty with that is you simply couldn't do it unless you had another stadium to play in temporarily. Not a development you could do over the summer or without affecting the game like a new stand. 

Plus you'd also have to basically push the existing stands outwards to make it work. 

Edited by ponsaelius

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

The difficulty with that is you simply couldn't do it unless you had another stadium to play in temporarily. Not a development you could do over the summer or without affecting the game like a new stand. 

Could it be done in stages like Anfield? 

Guest neesy111
4 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Fucking hell, the state of the Chronicle website man. Completely unreadable. 

Mobile mode is better.

There were better Geocity websites back in the early 90s than the 2021 Chronicle website, such an awful site which mirrors its content and so-called journos to a tee!

Edited by HTT II