St James' Park

Delima

Guest neesy111
16 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Anyone at the ground today? Any.visible changes? Windows and roof cleaned?

Gallowgate pigeon is gone.

TV's are comically small.

Edited by neesy111

10 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Apparently the Sports Direct tat is soon to be down. They are or have negotiated a cessation of the deal.

This has turned me right on. You heard anything about the timeframe - might it be done this week?

30 minutes ago, Cort said:

This has turned me right on. You heard anything about the timeframe - might it be done this week?

I think it’ll be started this week but that’s just my own hunch based on things I’ve heard from those working on the inside.

They have their first big event this week for the foundation with loads of former players being flown in. It wouldn’t surprise me if they announce a few things to go along with it.

Also, when it comes down, they’ll make a big deal out of it. Photos, video etc. It’ll be a thing.

29 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I think it’ll be started this week but that’s just my own hunch based on things I’ve heard from those working on the inside.

They have their first big event this week for the foundation with loads of former players being flown in. It wouldn’t surprise me if they announce a few things to go along with it.

Also, when it comes down, they’ll make a big deal out of it. Photos, video etc. It’ll be a thing.

Hopefully King Kev will be there as well !

1 minute ago, Anderson said:

They better not stop at just bringing the SD tat down, need to change the ‘Newcastle United’ back from his shit font too.

Yep. It’s absolutely lifting. 

I remember being there when it was coming down and the SD signage going up. I was working as a coach at the club at the time and was in the ground getting some kids to sign contracts in front of the new sign. 

I posted it on here and everyone was losing their shit. I think that was around 10 years ago. Can’t wait to get rid of it.

2 hours ago, Anderson said:

They better not stop at just bringing the SD tat down, need to change the ‘Newcastle United’ back from his shit font too.

Yes, the original font was the best, and another part of this photo was also the best :) 

Newcastle_United_Lettering_(original_fon

10 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Yes, the original font was the best, and another part of this photo was also the best :) 

Newcastle_United_Lettering_(original_fon

Couldn't agree more. I hate the italics which were put up to match the Sports Direct stuff. Looks horrible.

6 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Didn't Ashley sell them and then whoever got them sold them off for charity or something? Would love to get some that are backlit. 

Yeah, I'm fairly sure some, or maybe all, went on eBay or alternative. Don't know if that was the official policy in terms of auction but I do recall them being purposefully sold off. 

1 minute ago, clintdempsey said:

Nah, they're reporting that we have three games (away) at stadiums that are part of the trial?

this.

“The trials will take place at the home stadiums of Championship club Cardiff City, as well as four Premier League outfits – Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Tottenham.

Which means that some Newcastle United fans can look forward to be safe standing at Chelsea (currently Saturday 12 March), Tottenham (currently Saturday 2 April) and Man City (currently Saturday 7 May). United having already played away at Man Utd this season.“

7 minutes ago, Manxst said:

this.

“The trials will take place at the home stadiums of Championship club Cardiff City, as well as four Premier League outfits – Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Tottenham.

Which means that some Newcastle United fans can look forward to be safe standing at Chelsea (currently Saturday 12 March), Tottenham (currently Saturday 2 April) and Man City (currently Saturday 7 May). United having already played away at Man Utd this season.“

I thought the trials were for a limited area of home fans

Guest neesy111
10 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

I thought the trials were for a limited area of home fans

Nope, needs to include both home and away fans.

1 minute ago, Consettmag said:

A bit random, but does anyone know the name of that new song they play prior to kick off. Not blitzkreig, Going home, home Newcastle, blaydon races or carmina burana…the other one😂

Big River?