St James' Park

Delima

Ffs. I'm really warming to the idea of atleast a live drone broadcast of them tearing down that SD sign on the East Stand. Plus that hideous Newcastle United font they have right now. I'd fucking pay to watch it on ppv or something.

But what do you think will happen to the East stand?

1) take down SD signs but replace with new sponsors. Newcastle United font stays?

2) Take down SD and Newcastle signs and replace with the old Newcastle United font. Back to the original?

3) a complete new design, perhaps with the club badge? Although if any there are any plans to change the club badge in the near future would render such a design useless.

Of course I'd want option 2. 

4 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Ffs. I'm really warming to the idea of atleast a live drone broadcast of them tearing down that SD sign on the East Stand. Plus that hideous Newcastle United font they have right now. I'd fucking pay to watch it on ppv or something.

But what do you think will happen to the East stand?

1) take down SD signs but replace with new sponsors. Newcastle United font stays?

2) Take down SD and Newcastle signs and replace with the old Newcastle United font. Back to the original?

3) a complete new design, perhaps with the club badge? Although if any there are any plans to change the club badge in the near future would render such a design useless.

Of course I'd want option 2. 

ive forgotten what the original looked like, pics?

3 hours ago, nufcjb said:

st-james-park-newcastle-united-east-stan

Superb - loved it like that.

The only change I would make (after the letters are restored) is to have a large Club Crest on there, perhaps at each side of the name, like the one that used to be on the Leazes End. I only have one photo that shows the crest in place, but here it is.

Newcastle_United_Crest_on_Leazes_End_Sta

2 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Superb - loved it like that.

The only change I would make (after the letters are restored) is to have a large Club Crest on there, perhaps at each side of the name, like the one that used to be on the Leazes End. I only have one photo that shows the crest in place, but here it is.

Newcastle_United_Crest_on_Leazes_End_Sta

As an aside....that was an awesome kit

14 hours ago, HUGZ said:

Newcastle director Amanda Staveley is confident the club will be able to agree new sponsorship deals with Saudi Arabian companies by the end of the month which would also enable them to remove the loathed Sports Direct branding from St James Park.

The Premier League imposed a five-week ban on related-party sponsorship deals after Saudi's Public Investment Fund bought Newcastle last month, but at a meeting of the top-flight clubs in London on Thursday it was agreed that the moratorium would be lifted following their next meeting in a fortnight.

The Premier League have set up a working party to bring in new rules to ensure that any related-party sponsorships, such as Manchester City's naming-rights and shirt deals with Etihad Airways, must be set at a fair market value in anticipating of Newcastle signing up a host of commercial agreements with Saudi firms.

Staveley claimed on Thursday that the club will be in a position to activate new contracts later this month which would provide new manager Eddie Howe with funding to overhaul Newcastle's squad during the January transfer window, as well enabling them to rip down the last vestiges of the Mike Ashley regime, the Sports Direct signage.

'It is in the Premier League's hands, but we will be seeking to do sponsorship deals as fast as possible. The moratorium does not stop us from working on them, getting ready for that time now. So it is really important. 

'Our concern is that the process the Premier League do is quick enough so after we close the moratorium we can get sponsorships out. Obviously that's a really important part of the process.

'The Sports Direct signs I'm looking forward to coming down. It's a slight frustration when I go into the stadium and I try and take a picture which doesn't have Sports Direct in it.'

Staveley has promised Howe money to spend in January even if the proposed flood of sponsorship deals take longer to activate.

'We will inject our own money into the January transfer window,' she said.

'We are committed to investing in this club. We do not need sponsorship revenue to do that. We've already invested £38million [of equity] last week and we'll invest whatever we need to enter into the transfer window. So we're not stupid. 

'We know January transfer windows are not where we really want to be. We're committed to this club at every level.'

There is going to be another party outside SJP when that shit is pulled down and burnt on the town moor. 

2 minutes ago, Northerngimp said:

There is going to be another party outside SJP when that shit is pulled down and burnt on the town moor. 

In the eco spirit of re-cycling the signs should be remodeled as urinals so that fans can piss on SD whenever they want.

Did the Ashley era put that up for sale :lol:

Can't remember which sacking it followed, but didn't they also once put a piece on the official website asking people to get in touch if they were interested? 

What a time man. 

1 minute ago, TBG said:

Can't remember which sacking it followed, but didn't they also once put a piece on the official website asking people to get in touch if they were interested? 

The original Newcastle United letters (from the East Stand roof) were put up for sale by Ashley's mob . . . 

newcastle-united-image-2-711854878.jpg

Newcastle_United_East_Stand_LETTERS_'for

That crest appears to have been sold in 2019, though maybe the seller 'acquired' it when the Leazes was extended/redeveloped (pre-Ashley).

Would be great if who ever bought it in 2019 has had it repaired/refurbished and could sell (or even gift) it back to the club for re-use in/on the stadium.

Edited by TK-421

3 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

That crest appears to have been sold in 2019, though maybe the seller 'acquired' it when the Leazes was extended/redeveloped (pre-Ashley).

Would be great if who ever bought it in 2019 has had it repaired/refurbished and could sell (or even gift) it back to the club for re-use in/on the stadium.

Just make a new one out of gold.