St James' Park

Delima

The changing of the font on the NEWCASTLE UNITED is one of those purely sinister and spiteful plots that only Mike Ashley could come up with. Absolutely no reason whatsoever to do that other than to piss on the fans. So glad we're finally rid of that cunt, and hopefully soon the shite he put all over the stadium as well. 

2 hours ago, manorpark said:

Superb - loved it like that.

The only change I would make (after the letters are restored) is to have a large Club Crest on there, perhaps at each side of the name, like the one that used to be on the Leazes End. I only have one photo that shows the crest in place, but here it is.

Newcastle_United_Crest_on_Leazes_End_Sta

:lol: Robbie Elliot looks like he's been bootleggin' liquor with Max and Noodles.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

24 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

That crest appears to have been sold in 2019

Maybe the seller 'acquired' it when the Leazes was extended/redeveloped (pre-Ashley).

Would be great if who ever bought it in 2019 has had it repaired/refurbished and could sell (or even gift) it back to the club for re-use in/on the stadium.

I mentioned this earlier (a few posts ago) but the Crest was 'lost' for years.

Then it was found and sold off . . . 

Newcastle_United_Club_Crest_-_Discovered

Newcastle_United_Club_Crest_-_SOLD_for_1

Edited by manorpark

26 minutes ago, manorpark said:

The original Newcastle United letters (from the East Stand roof) were put up for sale by Ashley's mob . . . 

newcastle-united-image-2-711854878.jpg

Newcastle_United_East_Stand_LETTERS_'for

I mean..look at that. Those letters could have been placed somwhere on the compounds of SJP and still could be used for photo taking or something. But all fat Mike was thinking of was making money. Stupid cunt.

15 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

I mean..look at that. Those letters could have been placed somwhere on the compounds of SJP and still could be used for photo taking or something. But all fat Mike was thinking of was making money. Stupid cunt.

That eBay seller appears to be the Newcastle United Foundation.

5 hours ago, manorpark said:

Superb - loved it like that.

The only change I would make (after the letters are restored) is to have a large Club Crest on there, perhaps at each side of the name, like the one that used to be on the Leazes End. I only have one photo that shows the crest in place, but here it is.

Newcastle_United_Crest_on_Leazes_End_Sta

Yep, exactly what I was thinking. None of that ‘this is Annfield’ shite. Just that when you run out staring at you

If we are talking upgrades to the stadium...

I'd love to us do something similar to Schalke, where they have a tunnel which basically looks like a coal mine. Perhaps even a digital version, where you walk down the tunnel and its all a screen (even the ceiling, which changes the imaging and messaging.

I just like to see something really inspiring in there that represents the heritage of the club and the region. Perhaps even the ship yards or something. Just thinking out loud now.

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Just commission brand new NEWCASTLE UNITED letters in a proper font and get new badges placed too. Job done. 

Golden letters, would look good too. Perhaps even in fancy lettering, rather than block capitals.

Let's be honest, anyone artsy could come up with some cool designs better than the current mess.

11 minutes ago, STM said:

Golden letters, would look good too. Perhaps even in fancy lettering, rather than block capitals.

Let's be honest, anyone artsy could come up with some cool designs better than the current mess.

Real gold lettering………..well we can afford it🤣🤣🤣

26 minutes ago, Sima said:

That crest was moved to The Gallowgate when the ground was extended iirc.

See posts just above yours, that crest was taken down from the Leazes End, and then 'lost' for many years before being found and sold on eBay for £1,444.00.

Edited by manorpark

27 minutes ago, STM said:

If we are talking upgrades to the stadium...

I'd love to us do something similar to Schalke, where they have a tunnel which basically looks like a coal mine. Perhaps even a digital version, where you walk down the tunnel and its all a screen (even the ceiling, which changes the imaging and messaging.

I just like to see something really inspiring in there that represents the heritage of the club and the region. Perhaps even the ship yards or something. Just thinking out loud now.

Why not have two separate tunnels for us and one for the away team....but make the away one look scary and demotivating as hell....or interactive screens for them. Like if we're playing Man Utd, just have TVs all down the tunnel repeatedly playing Aguerrroo!!! over and over again, or if we ever face Sunderland again, just a montage of Ameobi goals against them.

Would that even be allowed? If not, why not?

Edited by gjohnson

6 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Why not have two separate tunnels for us and one for the away team....but make the away one look scary and demotivating as hell....or interactive screens for them. Like if we're playing Man Utd, just have TVs all down the tunnel repeatedly playing Aguerrroo!!! over and over again, or if we ever face Sunderland again, just a montage of Ameobi goals against them.

Would that even be allowed? If not, why not?

I’d like to think that when we start motoring that stuff wont be needed