St James' Park

Delima

I’ve heard a few people say Shearer, having met him, is a bit of a prick, but I’ve heard loads of others who say he is absolutely lovely. I’ve met him once and found him a normal bloke to be honest. Keegan, on the other hand, well, wow, they say don’t meet your heroes, nah, he is someone very special indeed, one of the nicest, most sincere, charming, charismatic and humble people, given his status, you could ever meet.

He had this aura, magnetic, but so relatable and down to earth, you could see why players played the way they did under him, why players signed for him and why our entire club was transformed by mostly him alone, which also had a huge knock on effect with our city which also enjoyed a transformation at the same time. As a club and as a city and people, we all go hand in hand, NUFC is more than just a football team, it’s the fabric of our identity as people and as a city. I’m so glad the last vestige of the cancerous cunt that was Ashley, is now history. 

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’ve heard a few people say Shearer, having met him, is a bit of a prick, but I’ve heard loads of others who say he is absolutely lovely. I’ve met him once and found him a normal bloke to be honest. Keegan, on the other hand, well, wow, they say don’t meet your heroes, nah, he is someone very special indeed, one of the nicest, most sincere, charming, charismatic and humble people, given his status, you could ever meet.

He had this aura, magnetic, but so relatable and down to earth, you could see why players played the way they did under him, why players signed for him and why our entire club was transformed by mostly him alone, which also had a huge knock on effect with our city which also enjoyed a transformation at the same time. As a club and as a city and people, we all go hand in hand, NUFC is more than just a football team, it’s the fabric of our identity as people and as a city. I’m so glad the last vestige of the cancerous cunt that was Ashley, is now history. 

I'm definitely just repeating myself here, but Keegan is as amazing as you would hope in person.

He is charismatic, down to earth and definitely has an aura. I just stood there like a little fanboy lapping it up.

If he was willing, I would love for him to be an actual part of this club in some fashion. Even just if it's as a guest of the owners whenever he can make it.

Seeing him in the stands would honestly spur me on as a fan, and hopefully translate down to the players. Let's start building the siege mentality, build up the confidence and good feeling around the club and I honestly think we will snowball.

God it was so obnoxious the way he changed it to the Sports Direct font. :lol:

It has to go imo, I think it's just as important as the rest of it being jettisoned. It's not a total cleanse unless it does. I'd probably rather have nowt. 

4 hours ago, HTT II said:

Both are legends, that’s a fact!

Shearer is more icon than legend. A great player who scored lots of goals for us. KK on the other hand literally single handedly created the modern-day NUFC. Without KK there would have been no Shearer, no Bobby Robson, no 52K new stadium, no Rafa Benitez and therefore no Saudi takeover. KK made the club something that would appeal to super-rich buyers.

Just now, Wandy said:

Shearer is more icon than legend. A great player who scored lots of goals for us. KK on the other hand literally single handedly created the modern-day NUFC. Without KK there would have been no Shearer, no Bobby Robson, no 52K new stadium, no Rafa Benitez and therefore no Saudi takeover. KK made the club something that would appeal to super-rich buyers.

Really, he’s our top goalscorer ever, former record transfer fee and gave us 10 years. He’s a legend man FFS, as is KK, as is the great man in my avatar, as is Sir Bobby, Supermac, and even Andy Cole, my childhood hero. There is no need to downgrade any of them in rank as legends. Of course KK, for me, ranks the highest, but I regard him and Shearer as legends full stop.

Icon? I’d reserve that title for the likes of Ketsbaia, Nolan, Shola even. Shearer an icon? Get to fuck [emoji38]

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Icon? I’d reserve that title for the likes of Kestbaia, Nolan, Shola even. Shearer an icon? Get to fuck [emoji38]

I will bet money that you only started supporting NUFC in the 90s. Anyone who puts Shearer on the same pedestal as KK is simply clueless and did not get to have the "experience" of supporting NUFC pre-1992.

And aye, a hat-trick against the mackems, the chicken dance celebration, championship winning captain/leader. Icons are iconic people in iconic moments surely like Liam O’Brien, Shola the mackem slayer, Tino, Albert’s chip against Man Utd, but aye, Shearer, 206 goals and record all-time top scorers ever, 15m record transfer fee, Geordie number 9, 10 years, just a mere icon… [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I will bet money that you only started supporting NUFC in the 90s. Anyone who puts Shearer on the same pedestal as KK is simply clueless and did not get to have the "experience" of supporting NUFC pre-1992.

I did, well done. When I was 8 or 9 or something. If only I was born earlier eh…

Edited by HTT II

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Icon is a very complimentary term you know? [emoji38]

Reserved only for the record all-time top goalscorer of a 125 + year club, well done Big Al. Toon icon [emoji38]

Guest reefatoon

How the fuck has this thread gone from the excitement of seeing the sports direct signs coming down to people questioning Shearer? Absolute fucking madness, you bunch of utter lunatics.

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

And aye, a hat-trick against the mackems, the chicken dance celebration, championship winning captain/leader. Icons are iconic people in iconic moments surely like Liam O’Brien, Shola the mackem slayer, Tino, Albert’s chip against Man Utd, but aye, Shearer, 206 goals and record all-time top scorers ever, 15m record transfer fee, Geordie number 9, 10 years, just a mere icon… [emoji38]

Not in my book they aren't. An icon is someone who excelled in their field over an extended period of time. So Shearer qualfies for that with ease. Nolan is just an average player who had one great day playing for NUFC.

1 minute ago, Joey said:

Anybody who doesn't think Shearer should be in the legend bracket is mental to be honest. You don't do what he did to just be classed as "icon" man [emoji38]

Only scored 206 goals though, pah, KK fumigated the fucking breeze block training room though in Benwell. Btw, I’m KK’s biggest fan, he is the number 1 legend for me, but Shearer is also in that category, to put him down as a mere icon is fucking tragically moronic [emoji38]

What the fuck am I reading in here, man? All the good stuff happening lately and we've got people worrying about what PIF and Co. will replace the SD signs with and questioning Shearer's credentials as a club legend. :lol:

People just hate being happy, I'm sure of it.

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I did, well done. When I was 8 or 9 or something. If only I was born earlier eh…

Its not a criticism mate. I'm merely pointing out that you had to really be there pre-1992 to know the difference that KK made to NUFC. He's on another planet compared to Shearer. And, to be fair, Shearer would probably say the same.