St James' Park

Delima

56 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Looking at it again it's not going to work, the east stand would be just about up to the lawn at the front of Leazes Terrace at the same height as the Milburn / Leazes stands, that's never going to be acceptable. It would also require the demolition of at least 3 and 4 St. James Street.

If that were an option it would be much easier and less impactful to extend the existing east stand back the same distance.

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

Looking at it again it's not going to work, the east stand would be just about up to the lawn at the front of Leazes Terrace at the same height as the Milburn / Leazes stands, that's never going to be acceptable. It would also require the demolition of at least 3 and 4 St. James Street.

If that were an option it would be much easier and less impactful to extend the existing east stand back the same distance.

Apparently the architect has said that the height and distance would be fine with current regs. Info is from the geordie dentist though, so make of that what you will. 

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Apparently the architect has said that the height and distance would be fine with current regs. Info is from the geordie dentist though, so make of that what you will. 

Architects generally know fuck all about planning, in my extensive experience.

And I don't need to get out my BRE Daylight and Sunlight Assessment pack to tell you a 12 storey-ish building within about 11m of residential windows isn't going to be acceptable. Let alone the impact on the setting of a Grade 1 listed building.

Edited by Jackie Broon

1 minute ago, Thiago said:

Could we not do what Spurs did and just slightly reposition the stadium like a bit of clip art in a word document? 

Have you seen what happens when you try and move an image about in a Word document?

I really don’t think SJP gets redeveloped, because of FFP we are hamstringing our selfs if we redevelop SJP due to naming rights, I don’t think the owners would go down the road of renaming SJP. A new stadium wouldn’t have that attachment 

13 minutes ago, Thiago said:

Could we not do what Spurs did and just slightly reposition the stadium like a bit of clip art in a word document? 

they had wembley to go play at.

where would we go?

Edited by huss9

We have the wealthiest oweners in the world who are bulding a fucking city literally in a desert. They'll find a way and hire the best engineers money can but to expand and preserve SJP at its current location. They would have thought of this when they started to get interested in buying us and city center stadium, wpild have been a factor in it. Just needs a few heads to work together, and money of course, and we might be on National Geography: SJP, An Engineering Masterpiece soon.

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

Would we go to SOL for a season or two until the ground is redeveloped, I think the idea of twisting it 90 degrees and moving closer to Barrack Road is probably the best idea

😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, nufcjb said:

We have the wealthiest oweners in the world who are bulding a fucking city literally in a desert. They'll find a way and hire the best engineers money can but to expand and preserve SJP at its current location. They would have thought of this when they started to get interested in buying us and city center stadium, wpild have been a factor in it. Just needs a few heads to work together, and money of course, and we might be on National Geography: SJP, An Engineering Masterpiece soon.

We may have the wealthiest owners but even they'll have a limit to what they'll want to spend.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Would we go to SOL for a season or two until the ground is redeveloped, I think the idea of twisting it 90 degrees and moving closer to Barrack Road is probably the best idea

Upgrade Gateshead International to around 30-40k temprarily, so we don't have to move in with the unwashed.