St James' Park

Delima

2 hours ago, Disco said:

Assume so. It was the front bit of the away end. 

I think they should have been at the back of the stand. I can see some shitbag fans hockling and pelting stuff on the supporters below. 

15 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Agree fucking daft having that just above our fans.

I can't help but think that any cunt caught hoying stuff at the match should be slapped with a life time banning order. No place for that in 2022, especially considering how many bairns go to matches now.

36 minutes ago, RS said:

I think they should have been at the back of the stand. I can see some shitbag fans hockling and pelting stuff on the supporters below. 

Whats stopping that happening now like?

3 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

You ever tried hockling or pelting stuff whilst sat down, it’s impossible 

Most away fans stand up now anyway

Edited by jack j

42 minutes ago, jack j said:

Whats stopping that happening now like?

Easier to locate when your sat down. Just think the mob mentality may take effect. 
we’ll soon see though. 

Aye.  If we can manage to mirror the Leazes End at the Gallowgate that's enough imo.

Might be a different story if we're going for the title in five years though.

Edited by Sima

14 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Just joined the back of the queue for palace tickets and I was 7,555th in the queue. Given multiple devices etc that could mean about 5,000 people logged in. So much for needing an 80k stadium :lol: 

We definitely don’t need the size of stadium some people are talking about. I wouldn’t be surprised if this takes a good while to sell out. And it’s a 3pm KO!

I’m sure the club are aware of this and will have data/stats to back this all up that a 80k seater stadium is a daft idea. I had 9 separate devices/browsers on the go ffs [emoji38]

7 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Had a log back in. Over 1000 tickets available in the family enclosure. So obvious that needs to be reduced like[emoji38]

I posted before, there appears to be an issue in the family section. As kids have grown up and freed up seats it leaves a situation where an adult ticket may be some rows away from the nearest available child ticket 

Edited by madras

3 hours ago, TheGuv said:

We definitely don’t need the size of stadium some people are talking about. I wouldn’t be surprised if this takes a good while to sell out. And it’s a 3pm KO!

I’m sure the club are aware of this and will have data/stats to back this all up that a 80k seater stadium is a daft idea. I had 9 separate devices/browsers on the go ffs [emoji38]

SJP was 99% filled to capacity last season and we spent most of it in the relegation zone. Even in the Championship, occupancy levels were at over 98%. That data all points to a stadium expansion being required. Mehrdad mentioned trying to get SJP up to 60/65k. I think that's about right for us.

I did the maths once upon a time, but would extending the Gallowgate to L7 (if even still viable) add around another 7,000 seats if it just followed the exact way the Leazes is done?

About that, aye.

L7 upped the capacity from 36.6K to 51.2K.  Once you factor in the corners it would be around 59-60K.

I wonder if we could somehow add a big corner to the Leazes/East Stand without touching on the Halls of Residence.

Possibly move that section brick by brick?

Edited by Sima

24 minutes ago, Rich said:

I did the maths once upon a time, but would extending the Gallowgate to L7 (if even still viable) add around another 7,000 seats if it just followed the exact way the Leazes is done?

Be in that neighbourhood but I wouldn't exactly mirror it anyway and instead do an extra curve on top representing the tyne bridge behind it....cos I'm soft like that. Keep its more unique than uniform.

Edited by Wolfcastle

4 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Just joined the back of the queue for palace tickets and I was 7,555th in the queue. Given multiple devices etc that could mean about 5,000 people logged in. So much for needing an 80k stadium :lol: 

Pretty much sold out already...

47 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

SJP was 99% filled to capacity last season and we spent most of it in the relegation zone. Even in the Championship, occupancy levels were at over 98%. That data all points to a stadium expansion being required. Mehrdad mentioned trying to get SJP up to 60/65k. I think that's about right for us.

Yes, I think 60,000 is about right and I’m sure it’s attainable. 

But the ridiculous comments about moving the ground to the Arena site and building a 80k seater just isn’t a good idea. I’ve missed out on a ST and I’d much rather never get into SJP again than have a half full Arena stadium every week - ask any West Ham fan what they think of moving and im sure they’d tell us to stay put.