St James' Park

Delima

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Apologies if you've already outlined it somewhere else, but what would you do with that land if the club did buy it?

I've been watching the flow of supporters through it on the way in and out of games this season, and it seems like such a missed opportunity by the club to have done something with it already.

Fan zone until the extension is built. Would be class. 

5 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Suppose you could do absolutely loads with it really if it was in the club's hands. A mixed use development of a reduced height that also includes club shop, museum etc.

This would be my hope, as well. Could serve as a proper "entry" walkway to the stadium site and be used as a fanzone with entertainment, etc.

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

Suppose you could do absolutely loads with it really if it was in the club's hands. A mixed use development of a reduced height that also includes club shop, museum etc.

Pretty much. You could have giant club store, or you could just have open land for fan parks etc. Even if the Reuben’s or PIF wanted to use it for a different development, but one that allows for a SJP expansion. The thing is, the planned developments didn’t even sit in line with the Times and Wellbar central buildings which were built just 10 years or so ago. They literally went back towards the Gallowgate stand, away from the established street line for no other reason than to ‘Fuck you NUFC, & fuck you Metro expansion’.

Mayor Jamie Driscoll

@MayorJD

·

4m

I’ve made the decision to refuse to provide public funding for the Strawberry Place development. I don’t believe it’s in the best interests of the people of the city and the region. #StJamesPark

Fn0qq1jXkAA-7ZS.jpg

Edited by Choppy Chop Chop
add

14 minutes ago, TotalWar said:

I noticed for the first time last night that you can clearly see St. James’ Park from the roundabout beside the Range at Benton. 
I know you can see it from the top of Weetslade Pit Heap(country park).

I wonder where is the furthest away that you can see it.

Can be seen from Sheriff Hill in Gateshead which is probably a couple of miles away. And when travelling back into town on the Coast Road you can see it at about the point when passing Silverlink. That's at least 2 miles too.

Re Strawberry Place. If I had my way, I'd build a 30 storey slender glass tower on the most south-westerly section (facing down St.James's Boulevard) and convert the rest into a square. The city needs more green spaces and the site lends itself to a tall building.

10 minutes ago, TomYam said:

Re Strawberry Place. If I had my way, I'd build a 30 storey slender glass tower on the most south-westerly section (facing down St.James's Boulevard) and convert the rest into a square. The city needs more green spaces and the site lends itself to a tall building.

Leazes Park is just down the street from the site though. Not to mention the Town Moor and that are a short walk. If the site is available again the club should get it, its our only real chance for a meaningful expansion on the same site. 

14 hours ago, TotalWar said:

I noticed for the first time last night that you can clearly see St. James’ Park from the roundabout beside the Range at Benton. 
I know you can see it from the top of Weetslade Pit Heap(country park).

I wonder where is the furthest away that you can see it.

Can see it from Battle Hill Drive and the top of the pit heap at the Rising Sun.

3 minutes ago, Cort said:

Do the grey seats bother anyone? I just think we can make SJP more homely if we go for black seats like Derby have, with perhaps some seats in white showing NUFC and the like.

Perhaps a nice throw rug

33 minutes ago, Cort said:

Do the grey seats bother anyone? I just think we can make SJP more homely if we go for black seats like Derby have, with perhaps some seats in white showing NUFC and the like.

It’s not like they’re very visible when 52,000 arses are parked on them.

5 hours ago, Cort said:

Prefer it to be grey to be honest. Black will fade in colour and turn greyish. White will dirty easier and turn yellowish. Grey is just about neutral. Personally think black and white seats make it a bit more tacky. Just my opinion.