St James' Park

Delima

There's absolutely no way we'd build that stadium. The only realistic option is a new stadium. Has the construction started on the land sold behind the Gallowgate? If not we could try and buy it back. 

Whatever happens in the long term theres things we can do in the short term . Move Shearers statue to outside the re re named Shearers  bar , name a stand after Sir Kev ( PBUH )  plus a statue outside the Gallowgate n also a statue each of Pav and Gary Speed ( RIP ) 

Edited by InspectorCoarse
sp

1 hour ago, Decky said:

There's absolutely no way we'd build that stadium. The only realistic option is a new stadium. Has the construction started on the land sold behind the Gallowgate? If not we could try and buy it back. 

Ashley’s son in law owns it doesn’t he?

Guess who wins again 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but can we no extend the gallowgate over the road and link it up with level 7? 

That was the plan in 2006ish I think under Shepherd. But now the land behind the ground has been sold…nobody is sure if it’s feasible. Unless of course we buy the land back at an inflated price?

9 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

Just buy up Leazes arcade [evicting the miserable bastards that live there] and incorporate it's historic significance into the design. 

That would cost Trillions. 

If this takes off like we're hoping, then a new plot of land will have to be found and a new stadium built, as a direct result of the limitations concerning St James', which will impact on future revenue for the club. We have seen other traditional clubs do this (Arsenal) and remember it was John Hall's first choice of option also. I have been encouraged that the consortium were talking to Newcastle Council at an early stage. 

17 hours ago, TheGuv said:

That was the plan in 2006ish I think under Shepherd. But now the land behind the ground has been sold…nobody is sure if it’s feasible. Unless of course we buy the land back at an inflated price?

I thought it was just the land net to the Strawberry that was sold- Not up to or including the road?

1 hour ago, Sima said:

Still in place 'short-term' according to Caulkin.

Can we add that info to the thread title? Some may have missed it and would be surprised turning up on Sunday seeing it's still plastered everywhere in the ground.

Edited by nufcjb

4 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

I know parks are greater than the sum of their parts, but Leazes Park is a Victorian park with a lake, some nice walls and long paths.  Castle Leazes is essentially a field. That could easily be flipped to the SJP site and a new stadium (and training etc) could easily use up the Leazes park and Castle Leazes plot. 

The benefit of the new public park would still remain, be even closer to the offices etc and the new NUFC facilities would be world-leading. I'm not the biggest fan of using green-belt land...but it could be spectacular, with little downside. Seems daft to stunt the growth of a city because of a moveable plot. 

Also Leazes Terrace being fronted by a large open park would be immeasurably better. 

The Newcastle Green Belt is about five miles to the North, so I assume you mean "Town Moor Land" like Castle Leazes and Leazes Park. It will be difficult to obtain permissions from the Freemen . . .  http://freemenofnewcastle.org/

19 minutes ago, Scoot said:

What are these plans and I see people on twitter on about moving stadium?

I've been to work all day and I'm not really in the loop, has something been said?

Moving the stadium to Sunderland iirc

If moving a full building like that is an actual thing and not just a fantasy then I'm sure the uni would happily sell them all of the Business School and Science City land to move into and away from the listed buildings. 

Edited by kisearch

4 hours ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Too late for the riverside. The entire plot beside the Arena is just about to get approval for residential.

It's had approval for a while hasn't it? Would imagine it's not an easy site to develop with being industrial. Maybe do a swap.

People want to move the stadium? I know we cant expand as much as wanted but good god I would't trade having stadium at top of city for the world. Albeit also realise keeps getting fucking blocked off by more and more shit buildings

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

People want to move the stadium? I know we cant expand as much as wanted but good god I would't trade having stadium at top of city for the world. Albeit also realise keeps getting fucking blocked off by more and more shit buildings

Depends on the alternatives. Seeing the ideas to turn it round are great but where would we play? Would be a massive job.

Guest neesy111
4 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

This