Converting Files

Got a psp and ipod from holiday.

Two questions

Ipod: using the itunes program, how do i change the format so that the itune program accepts it. Is there a program for it?

PSP: Similar question for the psp, however i already use the "PSP Video 9" program for this i can convert .avi files to mp4 ok but it doesn't seem to work on the .wmv.

Any help much appreciated and thanks in advance

I got Virtual Tennis which is canny and Ridge Racer thats ok but gets tedious very quickly. What version do you run? and what size memory card you got? wish i paid an extra 500 dollars for the giga pack now.

Only 2.0 or lower can play emulator games, and don't try to downgrade because you can't (yet) and attemtping to do so will render your PSP totally inoperable. Sony have released a 'trojan' that will turn your PSP into a brick. If you've upgraded or bought a PSP with Firmware 2.0 or higher already, do NOT try to downgrade!

The hackers are working on making an emulator that lets you play games on the PSP without buying them for higher firmwares, so sit tight ;)

And there are files converters everywhere. Get PSP Video Express (I think you can google for it)

Chip - I'm using the most up to date version don't have psp to hand but like I said I think it's version 2.6 I got the 512mb pack but got the San Disk Pro Duo (it's faster than the sony stuff) 1gb from www.mobymemory.com (very good very cheap site) I've now in fact got 2 1gb memory sticks which at the minute has got 2 albums on, pirates of the carribean (my test dvd rip) and the green day dvd along with all my save games. 2gb cards are coming right down in price now though.

Chip, that adaptor lets you plug the duo card into a normal Memory Stick slot, in a card reader or older device.

Oh yer i know what you mean, any how for that price i have purchased one. Once again thanks for the link ToonTastic

No problem, the adaptor lets you plug it into memory slots on computer systems with that type not all have it to fit that type. However on that site they do sell the USB2 MS PRO DUO Memory Card Reader which basically lets you slot in your memory card and it will act as a USB pen. This is very useful as it means instead of plugging your whole PSP into your computer you can just take the memory card out and plug it in there. I use mine all the time it's great and PSP Video 9 can see it as it just thinks it's a drive so it works fine with that.

No, no advantage to getting the Sony one, there is a report someone on the net where people have done tests on the speed. Sony comes top on only a couple of things SanDisk wipes the floor with it really though so it's very good for recalling data. I use the SanDisks on my sony phone as well and it's much quicker loading pictures and that on the phone than the sony card ever was.