New Nine Inch Nails

Syrette

Anyone else excited for 'Year Zero', the new album?

A new song called 'My Violent Heart' got 'leaked' recently, and someone knocked up a quick MySpace where they uploaded it to here.

There's a whole clever little subliminal advertising thing going on, more details here.

• 2 months later...

I would agree with Scottass - but having "Broken" as your favourite album says more about your personal taste in music than which is the best NIN album. "Broken" came out in a period in my life when I was really angry and was a perfect companion.

Pretty Hate Machine was the most ground breaking and Downward Spiral is probably the best musically speaking (also creepy as f*ck).

• 2 weeks later...

Just listened, and I hope to fuck I'm not overrating it, I don't normally with NIN, but I thought it was awesome. Deliberately chose awesome, as I never use it, and it's that good.

Some fucking real music, with some actual meaning in a time where all the rest is just bland meaningless shit. :)

Just listened, and I hope to fuck I'm not overrating it, I don't normally with NIN, but I thought it was awesome.  Deliberately chose awesome, as I never use it, and it's that good. 

Some fucking real music, with some actual meaning in a time where all the rest is just bland meaningless shit. :)

Agreed totally.

Just listened, and I hope to fuck I'm not overrating it, I don't normally with NIN, but I thought it was awesome.  Deliberately chose awesome, as I never use it, and it's that good. 

I just listened to it for me first time, never listened to NIN before, had no idea what they're about. Can't say I liked it too much, not my style of music. Will probably give it a couple of more listens, as I haven't listened to industrial (??) before.

Just listened, and I hope to fuck I'm not overrating it, I don't normally with NIN, but I thought it was awesome. Deliberately chose awesome, as I never use it, and it's that good.

I just listened to it for me first time, never listened to NIN before, had no idea what they're about. Can't say I liked it too much, not my style of music. Will probably give it a couple of more listens, as I haven't listened to industrial (??) before.

I would always recommend to anyone that they should always listen to a band's discography in order. Not surprised you didn't like it, in that case, expecially if you've not listened to the genre much.

It also depends on your view point on things. It's an impressive album mainly because of the content, not really what it's sounding like. It's a political album, though to say that wouldn't do them favours. They'd probably hate it to be seen as such. 

Better than singing about colours and clocks. :)

tbh ive downloaded it and liked it, but ive never heard anything previous. I've since downloaded 5 gig of the shit and need to organise it all... I think i've got a bit 2 much tho

I would always recommend to anyone that they should always listen to a band's discography in order.  Not surprised you didn't like it, in that case, expecially if you've not listened to the genre much. 

It also depends on your view point on things.  It's an impressive album mainly because of the content, not really what it's sounding like.  It's a political album, though to say that wouldn't do them favours.  They'd probably hate it to be seen as such. 

tbh, at my first listen, I could barely hear a word that was sung! I rarely can at a first listen, but with this it was extreme like.

Edit: As for discography-order, I always do the other way around. If I like the newest, I download the second newest and so on...

I would always recommend to anyone that they should always listen to a band's discography in order. Not surprised you didn't like it, in that case, expecially if you've not listened to the genre much.

It also depends on your view point on things. It's an impressive album mainly because of the content, not really what it's sounding like. It's a political album, though to say that wouldn't do them favours. They'd probably hate it to be seen as such.

tbh, at my first listen, I could barely hear a word that was sung! I rarely can at a first listen, but with this it was extreme like.

Edit: As for discography-order, I always do the other way around. If I like the newest, I download the second newest and so on...

Fair enough! I think with NIN though, it's like a journey, but then I am into their stuff and genre so didn't mind listening to a lot of guff inbetween the good stuff.

I'm a bit like that with all bands most of the time, but ironically, not this time. I seemed to make out nearly all of what was said. In general, I definitely agree, it's what puts me off recommending music to some people. They don't hear it properly the first time, and never go back. Don't blame them, half the time.

Thing is, I've heard a lot of good things about NIN and I don't want to judge them on the first listen. But, there wasn't a lot that appealed to me. It wasn't bad in any way, just doens't feel like it's my thing.

:lol:

A band I've never really listened to much, which is strange because I'd imagine I'd like them on what little I have heard and what type of music they play.

Be seeing them at Rock Werchter this summer though, so must try and get a bit of listening done.

Thing is, I've heard a lot of good things about NIN and I don't want to judge them on the first listen. But, there wasn't a lot that appealed to me. It wasn't bad in any way, just doens't feel like it's my thing.

I know where you're coming from.  There's bands I know I should like, or wish I did, but just don't.  Something doesn't click.

Would still tell anyone to listen to Pretty Hate Machine first though.  It's more unique than this album, despite Year Zero being as good as it is, and it's also their first, and one of their best.