Second-half diagnosis?

Full-time diagnosis?

Star man for United?

Worst United player?

Opposition comment?

Toon-pros?

Toon-cons?

Post-match feelings?

Solano my MOTM. Excellent at the back, excellent going forwards.

Special mentions to Dyer, Bramble (despite some hallmark shitty moments) and Sibbers, who tried all game and got his reward.

only watched 2nd half, but what shitty moments are u referring to with bramble because it didnt look like he put a foot  wrong.

Solano my MOTM. Excellent at the back, excellent going forwards.

Special mentions to Dyer, Bramble (despite some hallmark shitty moments) and Sibbers, who tried all game and got his reward.

only watched 2nd half, but what shitty moments are u referring to with bramble because it didnt look like he put a foot  wrong.

Numerous sloppy missed clearances and misplaced passes.

My Ratings:-

Harper,6: Little to do,one decent save

Babayaro 5: Was good untill he made the foul the caused the goal

Bramble 7: Very good game,looked solid

Taylor 7: same as Bramble

Solano 8: My man of the match,fantastic display

Butt 7: Good,some nice passing

Duff 8: fantastic seconed half,poor first half

Dyer 7: good assist for the first goal,some nice runs

Milner 7: didnt show alot today

Sibreski 7: Wasn't at his best,but a very well taken goal.

Martins 7: Rarley showed,good penalty

Subs:

Luque,Na:- Played 5 minutes,just seeing him play was nice,but seemed to off pace

Overall team peformence: Solid,not good against a team of part timers,Just did the job but i am still gutted that we  conceaded

Luque shouldve played a bit more,he came on too late and looked lacking in pace and confidence,yet not enough time to judge him..

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Decent performance, but not much to take out of the game at all over than the satisfaction of comfortably putting away a team full of part-time farmers.

A team of part-time farmers who has advanced through the group stages of the Uefa Cup.....not totally useless then :p

I just wish we could play a game where everyone played well at the same time. Bramble was mint tonight and Milner was shocking.

Duff tried hard enough but is still yet to show the flair we all know he has, and Baba behind him played well I thought.

If we could just all perform well in the same game we would fantastic.

Pissed off that yet again we got 1 change with only a few kins to go, Dyer look shatterd had ran his nutts off yet Roeder left him on, and late on 2nd half we did start to slow up and get slopp, that was the time to make changes!

Chuffed to bits though a good win and should make for an easy home leg.

SO insanely comfortable. We could have absolutely obliterated them if we wanted to. But that was the thing - we didn't want to. It was frustrating.

Martins and Milner were shite. Special mentions to Duff and Bramble. Bramble was superb at the back and Duff was the winger we saw at Chelsea/Blackburn. For the first time all season, i was optimistic when he was on the ball.

Harper - 6.

Solano - 7.

Taylor - 7.

Bramble - 9.

Babayaro - 6.

Milner - 5.

Butt - 6.

Dyer - 6.

Duff - 7.

Martins - 6.

Sibierski - 6.

:D

First-half diagnosis?

Controlled the game, though not particularly menacing.

Second-half diagnosis?

Same as above.

Full-time diagnosis?

Same as above.

Star man for United?

Noberto Solano, Obefami Martins, Titus Bramble.

Worst United player?

Nicky Butt.

Opposition comment?

Let down by player quality. But spot on with tactics.

Toon-pros?

Our right flank is unplayable at times. Solano, Sibierski, Milner and Dyer link up very well. Our defense are pretty good apart from that free header corner.

Toon-cons?

On the contrary, Duff and Babayaro have the whole flank to their own and lack supports. Duff needs more match practice. We also concede many unnecessary fouls at dangerous places, especially Babayaro and Taylor.

Post-match feelings?

Delighted with a win.

First-half diagnosis?

Controlled the game - did nothing spectacular but didn't shoot ourselves in the foot

Second-half diagnosis?

Built on the first half and battered them for most of the second half, barring the abberation of their goal

Full-time diagnosis?

Potential banana skin hurdled fairly painlessly - so far. Just waiting to see who turns up sick tomorrow

Star man for United?

Wasn't really any individual who stood out for me.  Bramble had a good game, Martins showed some good strength and industry, Duff had one of his best games since August, Babayaro had a (mostly) solid game (see below) , Dyer looked good at times.

Worst United player?

Again, not really anybody I would put down for overall poor play.  Butt couldn't play his normal game after being booked early on, Milner had fits and starts, Babayaro should have been shot for giving the free kick away.

Opposition comment?

Looked like most of the teams we have played in the earlier stages of the Intertoto / UEFA - barely First Division at best.

Toon-pros?

Tie should be over really.  Didn't have to bust a gut to win this one and we now have a week off.

Toon-cons?

That goal.  As long as we a) give away stupid free kicks like that and the b) completely fail to defend against the free kicks away fans are still going to tell us that we 'never win f*ck all'.  Which we should sing back 'we always win f*ck all really! ;)

Post-match feelings?

Job done, wasn't too painfull to watch

Decent performance, but not much to take out of the game at all over than the satisfaction of comfortably putting away a team full of part-time farmers.

A team of part-time farmers who has advanced through the group stages of the Uefa Cup.....not totally useless then :p

Yeah but we cant expect them to put up a good fight after theyve spent half the day milking cows and ploughing the oxens through the fields.