Arsenal Winning the Premiership Next Year

Delima

What do you guys think about the odd of Arsenal winning the Premiership next year?

Of late Arsenal seem to have finally acquired the guile and determination needed to beat other physical teams. Would next year be the year Arsenal finally win the premiership again? They have been plagued by injuries this season. Injuries to Eboue, Gallas, Henry, Diaby. But equally they seem to have acquired some good players to cover for lost.

Imagine a team of

New Keeper

Eboue, Toure, Gallas, Clichy

(Hoyte, Djourou, Senderos, Flamini)

Hleb, Fabregas, Gilberto, Rosicky

(Walcott, Denilson, Diaby, Ljungberg)

Van Persie, Henry

(Baptista, Adebayor, Aliadere)

This season is the first top flight arsenal season for Clichy, Eboue, Hoyte, Djourou, Rosicky, Baptista and Denilson. I would imagine that all of them will certainly improve come next season. The real plus point is that all Van Persie, Baptista, Adebayor and Aliadere finally come good.

With a bit of luck on Lehnman replacement and injury, will next season be Arsenal's?

I am trying to convince myself on this and put a bit of money on them winning premiership next season.

Guest Geordiecunny

If not next season then the season after, their exciting prospects are getting to be top 3 material all over the park and still have a lot of time to improve due to youth. In all honesty I think though this seasons title race is fairly interesting, the season after will be even better with Arsenal coming to fruit with their young players, Chelsea with a new manager and presumably a whole heap of new world class players should they not win it this year to try and ensure they win the next one and Man U without Ronaldo, possibly, to even things up even more. And when we sign Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Cannavaro, Gerrard, Rooney and Henry all on frees, us of course.

Shit, Arsenal want a new keeper, hope it's not Given they go for.

I expect them to dominate for the next 10 years as long as they keep a hold of their young players. Their youth team is possibly fit for the premiership already, and with a few years experience they could be world beaters.

i still think they are too weak to win the league next season - but are certainly looking good for the future.

they depend too much on henry, and players like hleb, rosicky and van persie are no match for man utd. current counterparts

I expect them to dominate for the next 10 years as long as they keep a hold of their young players. Their youth team is possibly fit for the premiership already, and with a few years experience they could be world beaters.

They won't dominate, nobody will.

They won't dominate, nobody will.

Dominate may not have been the appropriate word, I appoligise. I do, however, still think they will win 3-4 titles in a row within the next decade.

They won't do that either.

The other sides aren't going to just sit back and watch Arsenal get better. They'll buy for now while Arsenal buy for the future.

They won't do that either.

The other sides aren't going to just sit back and watch Arsenal get better. They'll buy for now while Arsenal buy for the future.

That's my oppinion, no-one can see into the future, so we can't say who's right, or who's wrong.

still need another left back/defensive midfielder for me. To weak in those areas.

Gilberto is pretty phenomenal imo, definately need someone better than Clichy, saying that he's definately got the potential.

Anyways, they already, in theory, have the best defensive partnership in Toure and Gallas. Also Henry is the best striker in the premiership.

Hleb and Rosicky are possibly the best non-winger wingers there are atm. Fabregas is some kind of superstar and Lehmann is some kind of crazy man.

Yeah i agree 100%, i think arsenal can certainly contend for the league title, and have an excellent chance of doing it next season.

They got off to a slow start this season, but now their football is as good as anything in the league...

Next year, they'll be back...

And we'll be further behind?

That Denilson kid already looks miles better than any central midfielders we have.

Amazing talent at their disposal.

Can't agree more. Was going to post a topic about Denilson.

Shame that he is only 19, hence probably not yet ready for constant wearing of premiership.

The way I see things:

Eboue - A great engine who is very sound defensively. His crossings and overlapping are good too. He excelled in Championsleague and has proven to be very competent in the premiership. When fit probably the best right back in the premiership. Substitute Hoyte is a class below him but nevedtheless solid right back who still has room for improvement.

Toure and Gallas - Top central defender.

Clichy - Defensive suspect at times for top top competition, nonetheless still a very competent left back who can only get better. Don't forget he just comes back from a lengthy injury.

Rosicky - After a lukewarm strt to the season he is getting used to premiership. The most valuable attribute he has that Arsenal would dearly need his his shooting from range.

Gilberto - The oldest of all. But pace is never something he relies on. Positional sense and game reading can only improve with age.

Fabregas - Phenominal talent.

Hleb - Doesn't have any outstanding attributes like his

One thing I especially like about Arsenal is that, they can only improve with age. The oldest player bar Lehnman who would be replaced, is Gilberto who has shown no sign of aging. And he is a defensive midfielder who doesn't need too much pace and power like winger, wing back and striker. Gallas is 30 but centre back

Adebayor, Van Persie, Fabregas, Eboue, Hleb, Flamini play like seasoned premiership top players yet none of them are over 25.

Will next year be the year of Arsenal?

play

Not read the thread, but I reckon Arsenal are slowly building up to old ways. Ferguson has proved that money isn't what's needed to match and beat Chelsea, and Wenger is one of the best team builders around. They'll be as good a shout as any for next season, especially if Man U win it this year, although you'd need to wait and see what type of reaction Chelsea throw. It's getting harder for them to buy the title, but it's possible.

That Denilson kid already looks miles better than any central midfielders we have.

Amazing talent at their disposal.

He looks better than the other Denilson!

tbh i'm better than the other denilson after 10 pints... and I tend to fall asleep after 6.

The Independent

Is Wenger unfair to skilful young Englishmen? Not really

By Glenn Moore, Football Editor

Published: 17 February 2007

When considering the high-profile departures from Arsenal of young native talent, it is easy to assume Arsène Wenger is biased against domestic players. Several rejected footballers have suggested as much, notably Jason Crowe and Graham Stack None of them, however, has succeeded elsewhere - that pair are respectively at Northampton Town and on the bench at Reading.

Only two former Arsenal players are currently on the books of another of England's "big four" - Ashley Cole, who left against Wenger's will, and Jermaine Pennant, who left with so much baggage he must have needed a porter. Only Cole and Matthew Upson have gone on to represent England, and the latter's selection owed much to injuries.

Of other departed Englishmen the most successful have been David Bentley and Steve Sidwell, both of whom have nothing but praise for Wenger. James Harper, Sidwell's Reading team-mate, and Charlton's Jerome Thomas are also Premiership regulars, but the failure of most players to stay the distance in the top flight not only suggests Wenger was right to release them but would seem to indicate that any distrust of British and Irish talent he has is well-founded.

But it is not just the local boys who find the going hard. Many foreign youngsters have been ditched too. Moritz Volz has since impressed, going on to represent Germany, but Wenger is unlikely to be haunted at night, or on Saturday afternoons, by such names as David Grondin, Alex Manninger, Frank Simek and Danny Karbassiyoon, the last of whom yesterday announced his retirement at the age of 22. Stathis Tavlaridis should play against Manchester United in the Champions League this week, but he is at Lille - hardly a European powerhouse.

No one could argue, after this season's Carling Cup run, that Wenger does not give youth a chance. Most of the departed have simply failed to take it. The bottom line is only Nicolas Anelka, Cole, Sidwell and Bentley, all of whom Wenger tried to keep, plus perhaps Upson, would get into Arsenal's current squad.

Anthony Stokes or Sebastian Larsson, who have recently been allowed to sign for Sunderland and Birmingham respectively, may prove him wrong, but are they really better players than Theo Walcott and Robin van Persie, or Cesc Fabregas and Denilson? Wenger thinks not, though such is his nature that, if they were to prove him wrong, he is more likely to be pleased than resentful, for no manager likes to destroy a young man's dreams.