Owen for Liverpool?

Guest AcidBurn

Guest AcidBurn

Hi I'm new here.

I've from various places that Liverpool want to buy back Michael Owen during the summer transfer window.

Can anyone enlighten me on the subject? O0

Guest Gemmill

If they want to give us Bellamy or Kuyt + plenty cash, I'd be willing to let them be the ones that take the chance on his fitness.  Failing that, they can cock off.

Sounds like bollocks to me though.

Don't believe it for a second - for many reasons. Firstly, Rafa is apparently less than keen on him, secondly they're newly rich and can afford the very best (Villa is the hot tip) and finally I can't see NUFC and the Scousers agreeing a price (they'd be loathe to pay top dollar for a player they let go for 8m while we wouldn't take less than the 16-17m we paid for him)

i think it is a load of bollocks

however, if the come with a 18-20m offer we should take it. i think martins/owen can work, but there are better partners for martins out there for a lot less...

If they want to give us Bellamy or Kuyt + plenty cash, I'd be willing to let them be the ones that take the chance on his fitness.  Failing that, they can cock off.

Wouldn't want Kuyt. Hasn't impressed me in the slightest.

The alternative is that Roeder will play Ameobi as soon as he can, the prick.

Wouldn't want Kuyt. Hasn't impressed me in the slightest.

Guest TinoInHiding

I cant see any reason why Benites would want to take him

To pretend that he wouldn't make their team vastly better is just bollocks, to be honest.....

I cant see any reason why Benites would want to take him

To pretend that he wouldn't make their team vastly better is just bollocks, to be honest.....

I think Benitez is realising now just how much his team needs a strong finisher. Its the one thing that is costing them points on a regular basis, because their defence is for the most part strong, and they do create alot of chances, theyre merely lacking someone who will tuck away whatever chances come his way. Kuyt isnt that player.

If Owen had been on the pitch for Pool against us wed have lost the game by half time.

Guest Stephen927

Can't see them making a move for him.

Maybe if they're completely stuck for a striker by the end of the summer, but I can't see them panicking and bidding our valuation of him.